Spring Break what to do... go on a cruise to the Western Caribbean

I know that "missing teenager" thing all too well! When they show up you don't know whether to hug them because they're safe, or choke them because they made you worry! :banghead:

I can't wait to see what TCD motivated you to do!?!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Disney Ships (at least the Dream (and probably the Fantasy), have something called wave phones, two per room, but I think you could request extras. They were the size of small wireless house phones, and you could dial other rooms on the ship, and other wave phones in your room, and they had texting. Very nice. They worked all over the ship and on Castaway Cay. Rick and I and the other Fiends used them a bunch to keep up with each other.

One more thing to help me convince the family that our next cruise should be a Disney one. Well really convince the guys as the girls are already on board with the idea.

I'm getting cruise fever again just reading this ... great TR!

Thank You!

I know that "missing teenager" thing all too well! When they show up you don't know whether to hug them because they're safe, or choke them because they made you worry! :banghead:

I can't wait to see what TCD motivated you to do!?!

Truthfully he is a well behaved teenager and knowing some of the things we could be dealing with at his age we are quite blessed. I am hoping to get to what TCD motivated me to do today.

You are exactly right, Yvonne. Our first cruise we did by ourselves, we had a lot of fun and actually made life long friends on that cruise. We then did several cruises with friends, we had even more fun!!

I wish we had met some friends. But sadly none of us are that outgoing. Well the girls met some at the adventure club and Rachel keeps in touch with one of them using her text free ap on her Ipod. She also got the address of one of the girls as she (Rachel) does not have an e-mail account and the girl does not have a way to text. I think it is neat that they get to communicate with each other as pen pals much the way we all did when we were their ages.

We are talking about trying to get Steve's family together to go on a cruise. The hard part is finding the time when everyone can go.

Holy mother of cliffhangers, Batman!

Did you shimmy up the ship's mast?

Do cartwheels in the atrium?

Skinny dip in the hot tub?

What could it be?

The suspense is killing me!

TCD

Let's see:

No

Never have been able to do a cartwheel, but I am sure Jessica would have loved to do that. I better not let her know you suggested it. :rofl2:

I wouldn't want to scare anyone away. :panic:

Hey wait ....do I need to go back and read up on some of your other TR's I don't remember you mentioning doing this in any recent ones?

I'm guessing instead of driving straight home from the cruise, they detoured over to WDW and the Fort for a couple of hours and wandered and had a GAG!!!!

If only I could have convinced Steve of that. I kept hoping he would have me drive as we got closer to where you exit to go to Disney. Then as he usually falls asleep I could just "get lost" and end up at the Fort. Well that is what they advertise. Right?

TCD even has the shirt to prove it!

Sadly I have never had a GAG :sad-emoticon-msn:

If you remember towards the beginning of this trip I told you we were not morning people.

In fact morning for us begins somewhere around 9:00am.

All three of my children never went through that stage of waking up at 6:00am to start their day. Truthfully the only reason my son wakes up early is for school and if he has football or basketball practice.

This morning though I changed that…well for me at least. I woke up before we docked at the Tampa Port. Quickly got my shower got dressed and headed out to capture as much as I could.

P1030170.jpg

P1030171.jpg

P1030174.jpg

P1030176.jpg

P1030180.jpg

P1030181.jpg

P1030185.jpg

P1030189.jpg

P1030192.jpg

P1030193.jpg

P1030194.jpg

P1030196.jpg

We will be back here a bit later this morning.

P1030198.jpg

Awaiting our arrival.

P1030199.jpg

I really should have put some obnoxiously huge decoration on our van so that I could recognize it.

P1030201.jpg

Almost there.

P1030202.jpg

Getting closer.

P1030203.jpg

Arrival time.

P1030204.jpg

Just in case we forgot what day of the week it was the floors on the elevators reminded us daily.

P1030205.jpg

Sunrise!!!

P1030206.jpg

P1030207.jpg

P1030209.jpg

P1030210.jpg

P1030211.jpg

Time to pick up our liquor that they had been holding for us and head back to the room to get the others up and moving.

It's quiet in the hallways this early in the morning.

P1030212.jpg