RUMOR: New projectors in Space Mountain?

From MiceChat...

Space Mountain seems to have new digital projectors. They appear to be testing them right now. Currently, they project images of meteors, stars, giant chocolate chip cookies and other space related images. Although this could just be a normal projector upgrade replacing the old rotating slide projectors, it does allow for the possibility of something much greater. Couple this with the rampant rumors that both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom versions of the ride will be upgraded sometime in the future, and perhaps we may see something impressive soon. Only time will tell.

http://micechat.com/blogs/orlando-parkhopper/3403-space-mountain-upgrades-new-busch-gardens-emporium-sea-world-updates-uni-more.html

Long live the cookie!!

Here! Here!

While I appreciate the latest update at SM, I do not like the fact that they put a ceiling over the queue so you can no longer see the projections while waiting to board your rocket. I guess these make the ride darker, and that is good, but I always enjoyed the atmosphere and feeling of being inside the mountain.

TCD

Here! Here!

While I appreciate the latest update at SM, I do not like the fact that they put a ceiling over the queue so you can no longer see the projections while waiting to board your rocket. I guess these make the ride darker, and that is good, but I always enjoyed the atmosphere and feeling of being inside the mountain.

TCD

I actually think the ceiling was installed to shield those in the queue from the barf that flies around in that place.