Here are a few shots from our trip to this state park in Jan. of this year. I am doing this to learn how to post photos so bear with me!

This was a Cub Scout trip and we always get one site to share for meals and other activities. I didn't take one of the site we camped on but they are all very spacious, as can be seen here. We had over 60 people gather for meals a campfires at this one site!

IMG_0755.jpg

A few more:

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

This state park has abundant walking trails. The boys went on a 3 mi. hike:

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

I am just delighted that I actually got pictures on here. A while back I attempted to do a TR and after 2 hours of messing with photo bucket and this, gave up feeling like a complete dolt.

I'll post a bunch of our cave tour next. Didn't take many of the actual CG. From what I understand, it had recently been redone. It's worth the trip. Had no idea you could go caving in FL, not to mention that there were hills like that! I am usually not impressed by the camping facilities at state parks. Enjoy going to them for the exploration, learning and tranquility aspects, however usually find the CG's to be too primitive and the bathrooms nasty. This one has full hook ups as well as primitive, many are paved, all are level. Roadways are recently paved and very smooth. Bathhouses were adequate, though not air conditioned, which wasn't an issue since we were there in January, but might be at other times during the year.

The surrounding areas/towns are a complete snooze. Absolutely nothing to do. But the CG makes up for it. There is even an equestrian camping area too for people who bring their horses! Located very convenient to I-10 so a good stopover point from AL or other points North and West of FL. There is a Super WM not too far away for necessities, some fast food joints & pizza places, as well as a few more big box stores.

From the cave tour:

entrance to the caves

IMG_0681.jpg

inside - not fun for really tall folks! I am a bit claustrophobic but had no trouble since I was with a large group and the guides were very reassuring about the number of exits. But, if you have an extreme case of it, you may want to stick to the museum above.

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

And finally, here is where you exit!

IMG_0751.jpg

Thanks for the info. Looks like an interesting trip. I am a little claustrophobic, but this doesn't look too bad and since I'm 4' 10" I shouldn't have a problem with being too tall. :))

I used to love cammping there . back when I was young (er) one could actually explore any of the other caves in the area,they are blocked off now