scal back up and have to reload ds

after having some puter problems-i have re-loaded SCAL. now i just have to remember how to use it. it's been almost a year since i cut with it on the cricut. it should still work because i didn't do any upgrades.

i still need to load my design studio but, i have to call that one in on monday to get them to let me register it.

it will probably take me all night to figure out how to use SCAL again. i can't open a few images-i think it is when they are in bit (?). the computer doesn't recognize it. guess i will be visiting youtube this weekend. :)

I completely understood every word she said! Must be a female thing.

Cheryl, I have SCAL, but I have only used it for designs that a friend of mine does that are meant for the program. I haven't used the program in a while, but I always remember that you don't load the files in the way that makes the most sense. If I remember correctly, you have to import the file, not open it. See if that works.

Be careful, because it doesn't work with the Cricut any longer it could mess it up, if you have to re-install. Not sure about this but try this link, it is there fourm. Not sure if you go there or not

http://forum.surecutsalot.com/

Guess I have to go ask another fourm about SCAL or MTC - even the ones that have it here don't know how to use it :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

you know I :heartsmiley: you all anyway

lol-lorna... i did have to reload it but, i didn't do any upgrades-so, i think i will be okay. i will try it and let you know. if it doesn't work the cricut is going up for sale and i will get a different cutter. but i think it will be okay.

holly, i remember it wasn't like you think it should be. now that you say that-i think you're right. it isn't difficult-just different. ;)

I don't think the software would be the problem if you just re-loaded what you had. The problem would come from the Cricut if did any firmware upgrades.

Do you have the first SCAL or SCAL2. They are different in the way they work. Not a lot, but enough that I can't go back and forth. I just use the SCAL2 and keep the first one as a back up.

i have scal 2. i didn't reload the design studio and scal is cutting just fine on my cricut. so, for now - i am just going to leave the laptop with scal and only cut with that. i am a little paranoid of adding the ds since i have to call to have them get it back on the computer. i just don't know why some of the images aren't opening and can't remember how to get them to open.

i remember this being an issue before and i figured it out. guess i'll just keep trying. :)