Absolutely NO Difference. The Extra Magic Hours are a resort guest thing, not a ticket thing, FP is the same for all tickets.

We usually buy the tickets from Undercover Tourist to get the discount, then upgrade to Annual Passes. Once you use a ticket in the turnstyle, it automatically becomes full face value, no matter what you paid for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Another option too, if you have children 5-18yrs old, is to look into the YES program (youth educational series).

If you sign up your child for one of the programs you get deeply discounted tickets for your family!

(families with only one child are allowed tickets for the child and two parents, families with more children can have more adults, but the number of adults must not exceed the number of children).

Here is a link to the Disney YES program site where it has more information: http://www.disneyyouth.com/individual-enrollment/catalog/

• 3 weeks later...
Once you use a ticket in the turnstyle, it automatically becomes full face value, no matter what you paid for it.

Carol, what is the difference if you try to upgrade before you use the ticket? For example, I just purchased (before the price increase) 7-day Park Hoppers with no Expiry and plan on upgrading them to AP's. I read your post in another thread about entering a park first and then upgrade to an AP at Guest Services to get full face value for the ticket. Can you upgrade without first entering a park and if so, does this negatively affect the value of the ticket?

Thanks.

I believe that, if you upgrade before using the ticket, only the discounted price you paid for it will be credited toward the upgrade. After you use it, it's worth whatever the gate price is for that ticket type at that time - or that's how it used to work...

I beleieve that, if you upgrade before using the ticket, only the discounted price you paid for it will be credited toward the upgrade. After you use it, it's worth whatever the gate price is for that ticket type at that time - or that's how it used to work...

That is exactly correct. If you upgrade before using it in a turnstyle, you only get what you paid for it as a credit.

Also, I would recommend going to a ticket agent OUTSIDE the park to do the upgrade. Those folks know tickets, deal with tickets every single day, and will do the upgrade in the most efficient manner without any "stunned mullet" looks.

The folks in Guest Relations inside the park may not have all the knowledge to do the upgrade correctly.

Also, if you have water parks & more option but only plan to buy a basic AP, don't use any WP&M options before upgrading. It didn't used to matter and was a great way to get a little extra value but they've closed that loophole in recent years. Occassionally they'll still upgrade a MYW ticket with WP&M options that've been used to a basic AP but they're not supposed to. If you use the WP&M before upgrade, rules say you have to pay the extra bucks for a premium AP.

I believe that, if you upgrade before using the ticket, only the discounted price you paid for it will be credited toward the upgrade. After you use it, it's worth whatever the gate price is for that ticket type at that time - or that's how it used to work...

Also, I would recommend going to a ticket agent OUTSIDE the park to do the upgrade. Those folks know tickets, deal with tickets every single day, and will do the upgrade in the most efficient manner without any "stunned mullet" looks.

The folks in Guest Relations inside the park may not have all the knowledge to do the upgrade correctly.

Pam and Carol, thank you both for the explanation. Do you have any "outside the park" recommendations for doing the upgrade? I've purchased Annual Passes at Downtown Disney before but I get the feeling you may be talking about some other place.

You don't have to go anywhere else. Just use the guest services windows outside the park gate (near the ticket machines) vs those located inside MK, Epcot, DHS or AK parks.

• 3 weeks later...