We just planned a trip to Hilton Head this August for a week (not camping, though).

Anyone been there and can give recommendations on what to see and do, maybe good restaurants to visit, etc?

We are a family of five, with two teenagers (I know...hard to please!!).

Thanks for any help!!

Yes, we stayed there in 2005 this was our 1st DVC stay. The resort is very nice do not expect a Disney vacation, it is very laid back there, nice pool area and they have activities for the kids to do, bike rentals at the resort and a very nice pier for fishing and crabbing. They also have a spot at the beach which is about a mile from the resort, they do have a shuttle to go back & forth to the beach house as they call it and there is also parking if you choose to drive, we drove and used the bikes. There is also a pool, snack bar, bar and game room at the beach and direct acess to the beach.

The whole area to me was very relaxing not a rush to go everywhere kind of place and the staff there was very helpful, when you get there give Shadow a nice big pat on the head for us. Enjoy your stay and welcome home.

You'll enjoy Hilton Head if you like a laid back vacation. It's removed from Charleston and Savannah, so it's pretty much its own little world down there. I don't know of any restaurants on the Island that I'd recommend, but I hear there are some favorites. Enjoy!

We've stayed at the DVC resort at Hilton Head more times than I can count! I love it there! When you go, be sure to stop by the Mercantile and say Hi to my friend Dottie. She will be happy to recommend lots of great restaurants. Some of my favorites are Skull Creek Boathouse, Hudson's, and Steamers. Signe's is a great place for breakfast. The Hilton Head Diner is usually pretty good too.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! We are looking forward to a relaxing week there. Am a little nervous about the heat and humidity, but hey, we've done WDW in August and that's a more active vacation so I think we will be good. We are planning on a day to Savannah and otherwise just enjoying the resort.

Did someone say Savannah? :jumpforjoy

Enjoy your stay at Hilton Head, have never been there for a vacation. Have only visited for the day and mainly the outlet malls. :banghead:

When you go to Savannah, enjoy River Street and the Historic District. If you make it Tybee Island, try out the crab shack. Bernie's has the best crawfish in Savannah IMHO, Clean Oysters too. And if you are a Guinness fan, you MUST try Kevin Barry's.

Ohhhhh Savannah.................... :heart:

And if you are a Guinness fan, you MUST try Kevin Barry's.

Ohhhhh Savannah.................... :heart:

My husband loves a Guinness, thanks for the tip!

Thanks everyone, I've started a little notebook and written down all your tips :thumbsup1:

My husband loves a Guinness, thanks for the tip!

Thanks everyone, I've started a little notebook and written down all your tips :thumbsup1:

Just an FYI, I don't know if this applies to ya'll, but Savannah is now a smoke free environment in all locations that serve food. And most bars serve food. However, God Bless Savannah, they allow open containers in clear plastic cups throughout the Historic Distric. So, you can step outside and enjoy a smoke.

Have I told you I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Savannah!!!!!