Disneyworld ticket prices officially going up Sunday June 3rd

Hey Carol - I need you to check my math on this and see if it's right, 'cause I think there's a ticket that might save even more for an AP upgrade, but I'm still not sure I've got this down.

If I buy a 6 Day Park Hopper No Expiration from Undercover Tourist through the MouseSavers rate for $447.95, it immediately becomes worth $532.50 according to current gate prices (incl. tax in both cases)

When I go to upgrade to an AP (gate cost of $611.31), I'll pay the difference - an extra $78.81. That means I'll have paid $531.76 for an AP, a savings of 84.55.

Does that sound right?

That does sound right Mo!!! I guess I didn't look close enough at the difference between the old prices and the new prices, just the listed discount difference. It looks like some tickets went up more than others.!!!

Yeah, it's weird. I was picking through the MouseSavers list and noticed there were a few random cases of tickets that went up a lot more than others.

Excited I can save that much, though!

Thanks for helping me navigate the ticket maze. :D

Has there been any news release from the company explaining why kids annual passes (3-9) cost the same as adults now? Just wondering.

I haven't heard anything. Disney certainly hasn't said anything and I'd be surprised if they do.

Holy cats I just bought our tickets!!

:stars-shower-smiley:

UT added another $1.99 discount on top of everything (something about celebrating their app?) so in the end we're saving a total of $171.09!

That's a whole lotta beer and maybe even a little WDW sushi!

:jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy

Has there been any news release from the company explaining why kids annual passes (3-9) cost the same as adults now? Just wondering.

You'll have to keep wondering Aaron.

When it comes to costs, expenses, attendance numbers, price increases, etc, Disney's SOP is to explain as little as possible.

If someone asks a CM why the ticket prices went up, here is the approved and recommended response.

"As part of the normal course of doing business, the Disney company regularly evaluates and adjusts it's pricing."

You'll have to keep wondering Aaron.

When it comes to costs, expenses, attendance numbers, price increases, etc, Disney's SOP is to explain as little as possible.

If someone asks a CM why the ticket prices went up, here is the approved and recommended response.

"As part of the normal course of doing business, the Disney company regularly evaluates and adjusts it's pricing."

That would definitely make sense for them I guess...because any explanation of why child's tickets went up so high would be hard to explain without sounding like just any other greedy corporation. I get they are in the business to make money and I am all for capitalism, but raising the child's prices in smaller steps would have made more sense to people like me, the layperson. There are a lot of things small kids can't even ride because of their height, fears, etc and many of the things geared strictly to them cost extra money already (BBB, Princess tea, Pirates as examples) I am just glad I bought my AP vouchers last week.

Buying APs is what made it affordable for my family to plan two trips in 2013 (Feb and Dec).....may have to think of other ways to cut corners and save if we are able to do that again; which I am sure we will bc we love WDW......so I am likely part of the problem.

If it were me, I'd double the prices for those little rug rats. They're nothing but trouble.

The crying for absolutely no good reason, the whining for expensive toys, the strollers that they force the parents to push them around in, the runny noses, the nose picking, it never ends.

So raise the prices, ban the strollers, so that us grown ups can enjoy the parks in peace.

If it were me, I'd double the prices for those little rug rats. They're nothing but trouble.

The crying for absolutely no good reason, the whining for expensive toys, the strollers that they force the parents to push them around in, the runny noses, the nose picking, it never ends.

So raise the prices, ban the strollers, so that us grown ups can enjoy the parks in peace.

:rofl3:

We have been lucky on our trips with the kids so far Lou....only one meltdown and no begging for toys.....they bring their piggybank money (that we throw our loose change in sometimes and where their allowance goes many times) and that is what they get for toys, etc.

Also, as previously stated on your stroller thread, I have not rammed the stroller into anyone's heels yet, although it has happened to me several times. There must be a lot of USC and Ohio State fans that don't appreciate the Michigan and Notre Dame t-shirts I wear. Never thought about it before, but it could also be Michigan fans on the days I wear the Notre Dame t-shirts and vice-versa. :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email from Undercover Tourist. They STILL have tickets at the old prices, BUT this offer ends June 20th at 9pm Eastern!!!! So if you haven't gotten your tickets for your upcoming trip yet, do it NOW!! This is the cheapest you will find them!! If you subscribe to the Mousesavers newsletter, use the link in that email. If not, just go directly to www.undercovertourist.com Still cheaper than Disney!!!!!!!!

Just got some new ticket info from a good friend that knows his stuff regarding tickets, with the latest price increase, older unused tickets bought from DISNEY will no longer be price-bridged if upgrading. The value is what you paid for them.

Tickets from Undercover Tourist and other resellers will still be price bridged.

Here is his exact words:

"the upgrading rules have changed with this price increase. Tickets originally purchased directly from Disney such as those for a package will no longer be price bridged to the current value. You will only get the price you paid for them when you bought them no matter whether the ticket is used or unused. Price bridging can still be done on tickets purchased from outside sources like Undercover Tourist or Maple Leaf."

So in other words, those old unused tickets from free dining, or Premium Plans are worth what your paid for them.