Like Lou said, "if you're a real man, take I-4".... But if you're just "a man" and still coming in on I-4 from the east (and I assume, you're coming from I-95), take I-4 until you get to the Sanford area, you will cross that large lake (Lake Monroe). Take Hwy 417 (Exit 101A) and follow it all the way around Orlando. It will add about 30-40 miles to your trip, but take it from me, no, take it from my co-pilot, it is a nice calm relaxing drive that will drop you off right at the Mouse's front door step. You will not have to deal with the downtown Orlando mess on I-4. Now this relaxing, serene drive will have a price... its a toll road, but in my opinion its will be money worth spending.

If you take this route, be sure to follow 417 ALL the way around Orlando and take Hwy 536 (Exit 6). This will become World Center Drive, then will become Epcot Center Drive, just keep going straight. Depending on which way you like to approach the Fort, you can take one of two ways in... If you like to go through the MK parking gate to make that left turn into the Fort, continue on Epcot Center Drive to World Drive and follow the signs to the Fort. If you want to make a right turn into the Fort, then follow Epcot Center Drive and follow the signs to Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter. Following these signs will put you on Bonnet Creek Parkway via a small offramp. Once you pass PO Riverside, take a left at the next traffic light and the Fort will be just up the road on your right....

I know this is a lot to digest, but is truely a more relaxing drive....

Duane

But if you're just "a man

Forget what the wimp Duane says. He probably likes Quiche too.

From the east, I-4 all the way to the first WDW exit. Take a right on to 535, then a right onto Vista Blvd to the Fort.

You can do it Steve. Keep your man card.

Seriously, it depends on your comfort level. Both ways will get you there.

I-4 does have construction and is busy, but it moves along.

In almost 20 years of living in Central Florida, and at one point having to use I-4 every day for four years during the rush hours, it hasn't been a problem. But that's me and I'm use to dealing with road challenges.

I never use Duane's method when coming from the east coast from the Daytona area.

Steve, what Lou hasn't told you is that when he drives on I-4 he's in either his :hah: :hah: yellow Smart car or his lime green VW Beetle... I would like to see him pilot that DW bus down I-4 during rush hour... :rofl2:

As far as stern looks go, I haven't seen my man card in years....

you will have an apple pie waiting!

See Duane, that's how you play the game.

he's in either his yellow Smart car or his lime green VW Beetle.

I did have a bright orange Beetle, but that was in the 70s.

I would like to see him pilot that DW bus down I-4 during rush hour...

Sometimes BVD near DTD is as bad as I-4.

Can't leave WDW with the bus, but my worst experience on I-4 evah, was with the MH, which was the same size as the bus. Heading east to the Daytona Speedway, had to get off and use plan B, what a mess.

Like Lou said, "if you're a real man, take I-4".... But if you're just "a man" and still coming in on I-4 from the east (and I assume, you're coming from I-95), take I-4 until you get to the Sanford area, you will cross that large lake (Lake Monroe). Take Hwy 417 (Exit 101A) and follow it all the way around Orlando. It will add about 30-40 miles to your trip, but take it from me, no, take it from my co-pilot, it is a nice calm relaxing drive that will drop you off right at the Mouse's front door step. You will not have to deal with the downtown Orlando mess on I-4. Now this relaxing, serene drive will have a price... its a toll road, but in my opinion its will be money worth spending.

If you take this route, be sure to follow 417 ALL the way around Orlando and take Hwy 536 (Exit 6). This will become World Center Drive, then will become Epcot Center Drive, just keep going straight. Depending on which way you like to approach the Fort, you can take one of two ways in... If you like to go through the MK parking gate to make that left turn into the Fort, continue on Epcot Center Drive to World Drive and follow the signs to the Fort. If you want to make a right turn into the Fort, then follow Epcot Center Drive and follow the signs to Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter. Following these signs will put you on Bonnet Creek Parkway via a small offramp. Once you pass PO Riverside, take a left at the next traffic light and the Fort will be just up the road on your right....

I know this is a lot to digest, but is truely a more relaxing drive....

Duane

That's the route I took when I came from St. Augustine, very NICE!! Yes, I'm a WIMP Lou!