D23 Members ‘Taste’ and Treat Event

From the Disney Parks blog...

D23 Members Get Ready to ‘Taste’ and Treat at Walt Disney World Resort!

posted on June 24th, 2012 by Jeffrey Epstein, Manager, Marketing

To celebrate Halloween and the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, D23, The Official Disney Fan Club, is adding a chilling twist to its annual Sip & Stroll event at Walt Disney World Resort. This year’s theme is Sip & Scream, a ghoulishly delightful feast of the senses on October 2 and 3!

dss180936SMALL.jpg

World ShowPlace in Epcot will be Scream Central as guests enjoy “tasteful” presentations highlighting this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival and how Disney celebrates the most spook-tacular time of the year. Following the presentations there will be a pairing party, where guests will be able to sample some of the succulent new dishes highlighted at this year’s Festival, along with exquisite paired wines.

Later that day guests will have the chance to relax in the colonial splendor of the hospitality suite inside The American Adventure Pavilion, before enjoying reserved seating for the Eat to the Beat concert with Sugar Ray and a private dessert party with IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth viewing.

Guests who purchase the “Super Scream” package will enjoy a night of delights the day before at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, including a private tour of the Creative Costuming building and a progressive dinner inside The Great Movie Ride!

Tickets are available beginning June 27, and more information is available here about what promises to be a happy haunting event.

Nope, me neither. I had a membership the first year and let it lapse because I didn't feel like I was getting much out of it besides the magazine, which I love but I can buy that at Barnes & Noble.

Initially hardly any of the events took place at WDW. That's been getting better, but I'm still not seeing enough value being offered in being a member to justify the cost.

I was a D23 member in 2010. We were thrilled to be among the lucky few who got tickets to Magic & Merriment in December. My trip report is somewhere here. The event was a disaster for us. It was so mismanaged. It should have been a wonderful experience, but lack of organization made it miserable.

I let my membership lapse and don't plan on renewing it.