Anyone travel either or both of those routes on the way to Disney?

We usually go the I-77 route but a co-worker of hubby's says it would be better for us to go I-75....he says there are more places to stop, especially since we are traveling over 12 hours the first day (with a 4 and 12 year old!). We've only traveled that route from Cinci to Knoxville so not sure how the route is after that.

Only bad thing I've heard about traveling I-75 is going thru/near Atlanta but we would be hitting it in the later afternoon on a Saturday.

Leaving 2 weeks from today so just trying to figure out our routes!

I like I-75. Mid afternoon on a Sat shouldn't be too bad going through Atlanta.

I'm really thinking we should go that way this time...

Another question...any good overnight campgrounds near the FL line? That's where will will plan to stop at for the evening.

Exit 5 in Georgia......

Ummmmmm, can't remember the name.....

Oh, Eagles Roost RV Resort..... Easy on and off, big pull throughs, nice bath house

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/448-eagles-roost-rv-resort-exit-5-i-75-in-georgia/

https://www.eaglesroostresort.com/

Exit 5 in Georgia......

Ummmmmm, can't remember the name.....

Oh, Eagles Roost RV Resort..... Easy on and off, big pull throughs, nice bath house

http://www.fortfiend...-75-in-georgia/

https://www.eaglesroostresort.com/

Great! Thanks, Carol...I'll check it out! :)

We always use 75, but of course we are starting in Cincy. The one (actually several) advantages are the only Mt. you have to climb is Jellico at the KY/TN border, 77 has bunches of long climbs. There is also a KOA at exit 5 in GA, but Eagles Roost is very nice. Depending on how long you want to drive there is a KOA just south of the GA/TN border also. That is 360 miles for us and that's usually about how far we normally travel. Also going through Atlanta you can tow in the HOV lane. We always use it with the MH and have passed and been passed by many of the popo.

We always use 75, but of course we are starting in Cincy. The one (actually several) advantages are the only Mt. you have to climb is Jellico at the KY/TN border, 77 has bunches of long climbs. There is also a KOA at exit 5 in GA, but Eagles Roost is very nice. Depending on how long you want to drive there is a KOA just south of the GA/TN border also. That is 360 miles for us and that's usually about how far we normally travel. Also going through Atlanta you can tow in the HOV lane. We always use it with the MH and have passed and been passed by many of the popo.

Thanks!

By the I-77 route I assume you mean 77 to 26 to 95. If you travel this route, you will have to go through Charlotte, Columbia, and Jacksonville, all of which can be difficult to get through. I can't imagine Atlanta being worse than all 3 of those combined.

By the I-77 route I assume you mean 77 to 26 to 95. If you travel this route, you will have to go through Charlotte, Columbia, and Jacksonville, all of which can be difficult to get through. I can't imagine Atlanta being worse than all 3 of those combined.

Yes, that's the route we've always taken...

Eagle's Roost is great we stay there every trip down its 4 miles from the Florida state line. As for 75 through Atlanta DW hates it but I just set the cruise control watch the gps the idiots and hang on. Kinda like the first thrill ride on our trip.

Actually its not bad

We start near Atlanta, on I-285 (east of town). We always stop for the night at the Inn & Out RV Park at Lake City FL. That's at the I-75 and US 90 intersection, maybe a half mile east. We find it convenient with a Lowes (or is it HD?), a Wally World, and MANY fast food and better eating places. Inn & Out has propane, gas, diesel, and a Subway on site. Works for us and is that much closer to the Fort the next morning. It's not a luxury resort, but a good overnight park.