Can the folks on the phone really be so clueless?

The answer is a resounding.... YES!!

Trails End switched over from a lunch buffet to a regular lunch menu about a year and a half ago.

Someone on another forum just posted that they called Disney Dining and were told lunch is still a buffet.

Seriously?!

What's even more hilarious is that Disney actually has had the lunch menu up on their public website (the same one you and I can access) since March 2012.

Wow. I know this isn't a huge surprise, but you'd think in 18 MONTHS Disney would manage to pass along the correct information to the CMs on the phone.

I feel badly for those folks that think that calling Disney is the "be all and end all" when it comes to accurate information. Especially those that don't know that sites and forums like this exist that actually DO have the correct information - generally as soon as it's official.

I have had to tell guests where the arcade is at Crockett's because cast members were not aware there was an arcade there, I have explained where the Kim Possible experience was at Epcot when CMs didn't know what a guest was talking about, I have even pointed out where restrooms were when CMs were looking helplessly around and they were standing right in front of the entrance to one. If you want good and accurate info, don't ask a CM.

Oh it gets even better!

The only person to respond to the original poster so far (on a board that shall not be named) has apparently misunderstood that the question was about LUNCH and has "confirmed" that when they were there on July 10, it was still a buffet.

:rofl2: :rofl3: :hah:

What I love about Fort Fiends (part 497)...

Where other forums reply to specific Fort questions with "if I remember correctly", "I think", "I believe", "last time I was there" (4 years ago) or "if I'm not mistaken" if we're not actually sure what the current scoop is on something, we can just put the call out for a Fiend on the Scene to go check it out and give us a firsthand report - usually that same day!

:heartsmiley:

If I don't have the answer, I just try to hijack the thread.

If I don't have the answer, I just try to hijack the thread.

Always a sound strategy!

I have attempted to steer that poor poster in the right direction. We shall see if it works.

I just saw. Nicely done.

Of course you might have poked the resident bears with that comment. But hey, you were just trying to help! 8)

I was very cryptic....it isn't my fault that if you Google "Fort Wilderness expert," this site comes up :laugh:

The reason I started posting over there recently was to try to correct misinformation (offered in the right spirit, but totally off the mark.) It's a never-ending battle though. There were a couple of people there (a married couple, not sure if they're also here) who used to answer all of the questions and be super helpful, but one of them has been quiet lately and the other silent.

I was very cryptic....it isn't my fault that if you Google "Fort Wilderness expert," this site comes up :laugh:

The reason I started posting over there recently was to try to correct misinformation (offered in the right spirit, but totally off the mark.) It's a never-ending battle though. There were a couple of people there (a married couple, not sure if they're also here) who used to answer all of the questions and be super helpful, but one of them has been quiet lately and the other silent.

No that married couple is NOT here (sore subject)

Here's a typical example of bad info posted by a self proclaimed WDW expert, a moderator.

To protect the inocent I will not divulge which board it is and I have paraphrased the response.

Someone asked if the All-Stars resorts share buses.

The moderators answer was:

The buses to Sports and Music tend to share, but Movies has their own bus a lot of the time.

I don't think each resort has their own bus...but most times will not be combined.

Let's break this down.

The buses to Sports and Music tend to share. WRONG

but Movies has their own bus a lot of the time. WRONG

I don't think each resort has their own bus. WRONG

but most times will not be combined. WRONG

Here's a typical example of bad info posted by a self proclaimed WDW expert, a moderator.

To protect the inocent I will not divulge which board it is and I have paraphrased the response.

Someone asked if the All-Stars resorts share buses.

The moderators answer was:

The buses to Sports and Music tend to share, but Movies has their own bus a lot of the time.

I don't think each resort has their own bus...but most times will not be combined.

Let's break this down.

The buses to Sports and Music tend to share. WRONG

but Movies has their own bus a lot of the time. WRONG

I don't think each resort has their own bus. WRONG

but most times will not be combined. WRONG

There's a lot of that out there, for sure. I only post when I'm sure I'm right. Then again, everyone else responding probably feels just as strongly that they're right, so there you have it! Some posters make me laugh with how wrong they consistently are, but then I feel bad for the people who don't know yet that those posters are whack-a-doodle and are taking that info as gospel. I'll continue to drop veiled hints about other, more knowledgeable boards when appropriate, until they kick me out......or until school starts, when I'll be too busy to fight BFI (bad Fort info.)

... I feel bad for the people who don't know yet that those posters are whack-a-doodle and are taking that info as gospel. I'll continue to drop veiled hints about other, more knowledgeable boards when appropriate, until they kick me out......or until school starts, when I'll be too busy to fight BFI (bad Fort info.)

Ah 'tis a valiant effort, but one I feel may be in vain.

Some places it seems that the speculators (including a good number of people that admit to never having ever been to the Fort) and those with nothing better to do, are far outnumbering the folks that have correct info to share.

And as you said, without a score card to tell the whack-a-doodles (love that term) from the knowledgeable, people are really on their own to sort it out.

It's especially sad when such things occur on forums that are trading on their (former) reputation, and new people coming there just naturally assume that it's THE source.

...until they find this one, that is! 8)