RUMOR: Overhaul for Hollywood Studios

They're happy shopping, eating, and drinking around the world.

IMO, get rid of those silly countries and put in some real attractions in their place.

Blasphemy!! 8)

If anything I'd love to see more countries added BUT... not just overpriced shops and dining. I'd like to see some REAL attractions tied into them.

Even though we ride Maelstrom and Rio de Tiempo every single trip, it's mostly for nostalgia... and to get off our feet and out of the heat for a bit.

As for HS...

I really enjoy ToT, RnRC, TSM, GMR, Muppets (although the last 2 are in desperate need of an update)... but the Backlot Tour has been pretty lame for a while now and for me, seeing the stunt show once was plenty.

I'd love to see something more going on in the Streets of America. If it's not Osborne Lights time, it's just a quaint walkthrough with nothing really to draw you there. How about putting some actual stuff behind some of those cleverly crafted facades so there's actually something to DO there?

Blasphemy!! 8)

I really enjoy ToT, RnRC, TSM, GMR, Muppets (although the last 2 are in desperate need of an update)... but the Backlot Tour has been pretty lame for a while now and for me, seeing the stunt show once was plenty.

I'd love to see something more going on in the Streets of America. If it's not Osborne Lights time, it's just a quaint walkthrough with nothing really to draw you there. How about putting some actual stuff behind some of those cleverly crafted facades so there's actually something to DO there?

We don't enjoy Tot, RnRC, GMR, Muppets. GMR and Muppets really need an update. Agree that the Backlot Tour is lame and something needs to go on in the Streets of America. LMA, been there, done that. Twice is enough. DHS is my least favorite park and David's 3rd favorite park. I like AK a lot more than he does. Half a day in DHS is enough for both of us. Yes, it needs an update.

We don't enjoy Tot, RnRC, GMR, Muppets. GMR and Muppets really need an update. Agree that the Backlot Tour is lame and something needs to go on in the Streets of America. LMA, been there, done that. Twice is enough. DHS is my least favorite park and David's 3rd favorite park. I like AK a lot more than he does. Half a day in DHS is enough for both of us. Yes, it needs an update.

Sounds like y'all need to get a couple of scooters and head over to Epcot.

All of those attractions you don't enjoy have long waits- so lots of people do enjoy them.

As long as folks are buying tickets and lining up for the existing attractions there aren't going to be any new ones.

Seriously, though, even though you may not care for the attractions listed, DHS has way more to do than Epcot. Lou is right-Epcot needs a new attraction or attractions more than DHS does.

TCD

That was just a lame attempt at humor, referencing Lou's post above where he says that Epcot is filled with people on scooters who are content to just shop, eat and drink around the world.

I know that's not you- I was just making a crack on you for not liking the majority of the attractions at DHS.

TCD

Lou, we do a lot more at Epcot than shop, eat, and drink.

TCD, my motion sickness prevents me from enjoying some of the DHS attractions ... as for ToT, I was stuck on an elevator between floors with my mother and grandmother at an early age ... they screamed their heads off. Much as I've tried to overcome it, I'm still terrified of elevators.

Just 'cause sometimes rumors can be fun...

I've been hearing some noise in the corners of the interwebz that there was supposedly a "leak" from Disney related to Carsland coming to DHS. No corroboration and cannot confirm the reliability of any of the sources so take it with a H-U-G-E grain of salt.

Further info suggests that word of the alleged leak got back to execs at Disney superfast and an investigation was promptly launched.

There were further rumors of alleged CMs being fired from the message boards they allegedly leaked the information to (whole lot of alleging there) but that rumor seems to be unfounded as said rumor monger seems to be still... well, mongering.

And just to add a bit more drama... new rumors suggest that the whole thing was a big scam by Disney to try and flush out where such leaks were coming from in the first place.

You can't make this stuff up, folks!

Although I guess some of this very well could have been made up by the parties involved. 8)

Stay tuned. Who knows, maybe this whole thing is a giant smoke screen to lure us all off the trail and the REAL news is that Mr. Toad is returning to Magic Kingdom!

Mr Toad returning would be sweet. I think the DHS CarsLand leaks are to lure us off the trail of the new all Star Wars re-themed Future World @ Epcot. It will now be called "A Long Time Ago" World and the golf ball will be re-themed into the Death Star.

You heard it here first!!!