I've thought about this a bit, but don't know if it's technically possible. Can I set my iPad on the dinner table as a puppy cam also placing a thermometer in its line of view. Then, utilizing the wifi that will hopefully get rolled out at theFort, check in on the video stream with my iPhone.

The other component might be to leave a plugged in light of some sort on in the shot as well so you can see if the power has gone out?

The components of pulling this off seem to be

1. having a solid internet connection

2. finding a way to stream the video (i.e., through a 3rd party video site or direct from the device somehow?)

3. keeping the transmitting device from going to sleep/shutting off

4. checking in regularly (and frequently if it's particularly hot out or you're going to be far enough away that it would take you a while to get back)

If anyone comes up with a solution for doing this, please do share the particulars! Many of us probably have plenty of tablets/mobile phones hanging around to be able to pull this off without having to invest a fortune in some spiffy new technology.

I believe Florida law prohibits leaving pets in any vehicle, including rv's, without air conditioning for any length of time. With a kennel available, to me it is a no brainer. We always board Mickey at the kennel during the days we are at the parks or will be away from the camper. This year, with the addition of Murphy, I have made reservations for both dogs. It ain't cheap, that's for sure. In fact, boarding the dogs as day guests will cost more than the campsite, but they will be safe and comfortable and if there is any problem Best Friends can give me a ring on my cell phone.

I'm sorry to take this thread just a little bit further off track, but I think Monique's post raises an interesting point about requiring that AC be available for pets.

This is what the official WDW site used to say:

petrules.jpg

Somewhere along the line, the air conditioning requirement got dropped.

TCD

Hey Harold, what happened to the purple crayon? I liked that one better.

hehehe

hijack over!

My brother and his fiancee have a pet sitting business they operate in addition to their full time jobs in NC. They're always looking for new clients. Seems to me there must be a similar mom and pop type of operation that might be able to assist pet owners staying at the fort? Maybe Kenny or some of the other businesses we support might know of some?

We don't go too far from the TT, or for very long, at the same time anymore. DH spends a lot of time in the CG these days. The unit we've been looking for is like this fan-tastic vent fan. There used to be a more expensive one that you buy an optional remote system for to activate an alert call to your cell but I couldn't find just now when I looked.

http://www.amazon.co...sim_sbs_auto_24

...there must be a similar mom and pop type of operation that might be able to assist pet owners staying at the fort? Maybe Kenny or some of the other businesses we support might know of some?

I've never heard of any, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

But I think if it's someone operating from outside the Fort, the same issues are going to crop up that have with the golf cart folks getting into the Fort. And really the same ones that make a lot of us uncomfortable having random people that aren't registered guests roaming around the Fort.

I know security at the Fort is lax, but if the same people start showing up frequently, someone in Fort management is bound to catch wind. And I'd assume they wouldn't be too keen on someone doing this kind of business inside the Fort when they have a relationship with that snazzy kennel down the street.

I'd think that if someone wanted to really make a go of doing something like this, they'd need to get endorsed by Disney, have insurance and be prepared to deal with the risks and liabilities that may come from people whose pups may not be quite as friendly as they think they are .

Not sure if Disney would ever go for something like that, but I have heard of other campgrounds that offer that service. I need to go back and check the info we got from Normandy Farms, but I think they had something like this available and they're a pretty huge campground.

What we're most likely talking about is someone on the inside, operating strictly by word of mouth on a fairly small scale. Of course there too, if Disney gets wind, the poo could hit the fan. After all, you are talking about giving someone access to your RV when you're not there. If things go missing, or heaven forbid they loose your fuzzy friend... I can see some whackadoodle trying to suck Disney into a lawsuit like that.

Honestly if we ever did decide to do something like this, I think I'd only feel comfortable doing it for people I knew and with dogs that I'd met ahead of time and felt comfortable with. Last thing anyone wants is having the aforementioned whackadoodle accusing you of stealing something you didn't... or getting bitten by some little psycho dog that said whackadoodle assures you is "grinning" because they're happy to meet you... when in actuality they're happy to EAT you. 8)

Still, with more and more campers traveling with their pets these days, I'd say it's definitely something people would be interested in!

Oh and if Disney themselves decides to offer this, it's a WIN-WIN. They charge you for the service, and in the meantime the service allows you to be in their parks longer and spending more money!

I didn't even bring my dogs with me in July. Even though we have a very well air conditioned MH all I could think of is what could happen if the power went out and we were not there.

Put a back up system in,, if power goes out generator starts.. that fixes it