Fort Wilderness DVC Rumors....Continued!

I apologize if this has been posted already today...but Screamscape is reporting the following:

New Disney DVC Resort Hotel - Rumor - (2/14/11) According to one of our readers, new survey markers were spotted in the Fort Wilderness area along the ?nature trails near the marina? and near the Settlement Trading Post. Could this be more signs of forward traction on that proposed new DVC Resort?

Can anyone at the Fort now confirm whether there is any new activity in the area?  There have been survey markers around that location for some time, so it's possible I guess that this is not really a valid rumor.  Can anyone confirm?  ;)

If the DVC builds a resort at FW it better have campsites and not just be another hotel!  We are DVC members, but don't use our points much because we have our MH now.  Using DVC  points for a campsite is a good deal, but there are all kinds of stupid rules that go along with it because its considered an exchange.

I agree that it would be nice to have a DVC campground, we have tried to get a site on points but have never got lucky. On the exchange I thought they waved the $95 fee for sites but not for cabins, we might have to add points if they build a new resort with campsites.

Bobby says if you bring your camper, you better leave it in the lot.  He will make a ton more money building a hotel and selling DVC memberships to wannabes who will buy into a FW DVC resort and then call themselves "campers."  Plus, he says he won't waste any more lakefront property on trailer trash.

On our trip last month I was inspired by TCD and did a little recon here and there.  While down on Clementine's Beach I noticed a fresh cut thru the woods and at the end of the rough path there was this:

IMG_3212.jpg

Here is a closer look:

IMG_3213.jpg

This is the view of the beach when I turned 180 degrees from that spot:

IMG_3215.jpg

As you can see, this is at the end of the beach right next to the "CM's only" small dock.  In other words right where the plans showed the new resort meeting the water......

It's hard to see from these pics, but the path and the flag looked new to me. The "path" looked freshly hacked, maybe by a survey crew?  There were other flags but I couldn't get a good picture without going bushwacking....  I'll leave that to Yuri!   

YURI WHERE ARE YOU????

yes, on the campsites they do waive the $95 fee.  But you need to watch them because the last resie I made DVC the lady tried to charge me the $95 fee.

Exactly!  I've had to tell them several times that we don't pay a fee for the campsites.  One lady kept arguing with me and I finally asked her if she would go ask a supervisor.  She came back and told me that I don't pay the fee...I think that was what I was telling her all along!  :laugh:

yes, on the campsites they do waive the $95 fee.  But you need to watch them because the last resie I made DVC the lady tried to charge me the $95 fee.

Exactly!  I've had to tell them several times that we don't pay a fee for the campsites.  One lady kept arguing with me and I finally asked her if she would go ask a supervisor.  She came back and told me that I don't pay the fee...I think that was what I was telling her all along!  ;)

Yep, sounds like we had the same lady.  She did the same thing...."uummm let me put you on hold and I will go check"..