Good morning all . we are goning to try to fax for our sites. stay dates are oct 22-31 we have paid for fort site and have requsted the 800 loop. we need more

info about the 800 loop. our fifth wheel and Silverado dully are long, ( 39' camper ). fiends have said 845 or 847 or a site on the back outside of 800 loop

would be a good choice We would like to hear from 800 loop campers or eyes on to help us make our choice.

some shade would very nice.

Also we were told 800 loop was having electricial repairs or up grades , was there a power problem, is the work done now?

any info would be very helpful. we are also looking for a stop between Columbia and Rigland SC. this will give us a

14- 16 hour 1st day . We are leaving North Western pa along I 79 carr pa area

Thanks for help in advance

Dura max Cindy & the unsupervised Grump

• 2 weeks later...

when we were there this past weekend, Carol and Chris told me that most everyone in the 800 loop Monday had been cleaned out and there were Reedy Creek peeps all in the loop again

I may have to get Lou to go over an investigate.

Yes Mother.. It must be nice to have minions on call!! :rotfl6:

As of this morning, the loop is empty but the road is repaired and there is no work going on. The work was completed a couple days ago and nothing since. The only thing I noticed was a new box on the side of the electrical box that reads surge protector on it and has some flashing lights in it. I did not see another one like it on any of the other electrical boxes.

Here is a pic of the road where the repairs were being done.

422754_10151038994113663_334141507_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

fiends have said 845 or 847 or a site on the back outside of 800 loop

would be a good choice We would like to hear from 800 loop campers or eyes on to help us make our choice.

This is a little late since your original post but still before your trip date so I'm going to offer some info. We were just there last weekend in 843 and didn't see any signs of construction in that loop. Our spot was very wide and while we didn't have a car with us, we backed it all the way in and there was a ton of room in front of the cab before the road that could have fit a vehicle (We have a 34' Class C with a super-wide slide out). It was a good spot, didn't really feel like we had neighbors on the picnic-table side because of a bend in the road, and behind it was a large empty wooded area.

Also didn't have a golf cart but it was an easy walk for us to either trading post or the ferry, but it did seem to take a long time waiting for the bus to get to the front bus station to go to the other WDW properties.

This is a little late since your original post but still before your trip date so I'm going to offer some info. We were just there last weekend in 843 and didn't see any signs of construction in that loop. Our spot was very wide and while we didn't have a car with us, we backed it all the way in and there was a ton of room in front of the cab before the road that could have fit a vehicle (We have a 34' Class C with a super-wide slide out). It was a good spot, didn't really feel like we had neighbors on the picnic-table side because of a bend in the road, and behind it was a large empty wooded area.

Also didn't have a golf cart but it was an easy walk for us to either trading post or the ferry, but it did seem to take a long time waiting for the bus to get to the front bus station to go to the other WDW properties.

:welcome: I'm so to see you joined us here! I'm impressed, your first post was so helpful! Jump on in and join the fun! You might want to head over to the introduction thread and tell us a little about yourself! Looking forward to getting to know you!

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/199-please-introduce-yourself/page__st__2740

Thanks for the first-hand info and...

:grpwelcome:

Thanks for the heads up; we will be leaving pa 11-19 at about 11:30 pm and hope to arive at the fort about 7am on the 21st How about road info at jacksonville we planed to swing east on the bypass ans also swing east of orlando . all paper work has been paid for and we were wondering how the check in works at the fort, so we know what we are in for.We really need this time off and hope to have a laid back but busy time at the fort. thanks all for all your info. we are KUBOTA Tractor

owners ant the truck has a kubota plate in the front and we somtimes wear Orange Kubota t shirts

so we dont loose ourselfs in a croud

thanks

all paper work has been paid for and we were wondering how the check in works at the fort, so we know what we are in for.We really need this time off and hope to have a laid back but busy time at the fort.

When you arrive you'll pull up to an open booth and they'll check you in right in the vehicle. Do the Online Check-in on Disney's site now, and when you arrive they'll have all of your paperwork ready to go, it just takes a few minutes.

Regular check-in is 1pm, so if you're arriving at 7am your spot may not be ready, there is a parking lot inside the gate to the right where I *think* they will have you park until your spot is ready. We're pretty new FtW visitors so some of the veterans on here will have to chime in.

The one thing we did have a problem with on our first visit to FtW is getting there from the main Disney rd, so I'll give you the info we didn't have - If you follow what the GPS says, you will come to the Magic Kingdom Toll/Parking Plaza. They won't charge you a parking fee to pass through because you're going to FtW, but once you go through the toll-booth, you want to take the IMMEDIATE right turn. The Disney buses will be in that same right lane so merge with them, and take that first right. Follow the signs from there.

If you happen to miss that turn, take the next right turn that you can, and you should see the sign to FtW once you turn, or if you look to the right as your turn.

When we went the first time, the buses were blocking the sign for FtW that said to take rightturn, and we missed it, and ended up down at the Contemporary, trying to turn around the giant RV, so hope this saves you some pain.

• 4 weeks later...