Android Mobile Application Issues

I am new to Fort Fiends and love this site! What great information! I did have a small disappointment with the mobile apps but maybe they are still being tweaked. I could not even find it in the Apple store for my iPad but did find it in the Android market for my Samsung Pad. I scanned all the sites and made some notes on the longest sites to accommodate our 42' Toy Hauler. Since we live close to Orlando my wife suggested we go look at the sites to see how accurate the data was and sadly it was not very accurate for the sites I wanted. For example site 402 is listed at 82' in the database. It is really about 70 feet and average back in, not easy. I found the same problem on several other sites. However I did find many that were right on the money so the best plan is to do your own research. I hope the applications will get fine tuned in the future!

You must have been the one I saw cruising around with the notepad.

First off, welcome to the community.

The sites app is just a planning tool. I will let the app creator address the information inaccuracies but bear in mind one thing, the back in difficulty is purely subjective. Someone with years of experience may find site 402 very easy to get into while someone brand new may find it the most difficult site they try. Also, someone with a T@B may have zero problems while someone with a 40ft fiver may find it a pain. People and equipment all vary so take that with a grain of salt.

The app creator as well as this community has done an amazing job collecting this data and making it available for everyone. Im sure that 10ft will not make a huge difference and is pretty close in my opinion. I've never met anyone who exceeds 70 feet anyway.

Again, welcome and I hope you become an active member.

It's difficult to get a particular 100% accurate number for the site depth, largely because sites are usually slanted, so the depth on one side is not equal to the depth on the other side. As for difficulty, generally most sites are "Average", with the more difficult sites marked as such due to some obstruction in the way- there are some sites with trees or lightposts in inconvenient places that can make them harder to get into than others.

I'm fairly confident in the accuracy of the site dimensions overall- otherwise I wouldn't have put them in the app.

It's difficult to get a particular 100% accurate number for the site depth, largely because sites are usually slanted, so the depth on one side is not equal to the depth on the other side. As for difficulty, generally most sites are "Average", with the more difficult sites marked as such due to some obstruction in the way- there are some sites with trees or lightposts in inconvenient places that can make them harder to get into than others.

I'm fairly confident in the accuracy of the site dimensions overall- otherwise I wouldn't have put them in the app.

I could not find the app for iPad. Is it there?

You must have been the one I saw cruising around with the notepad.

First off, welcome to the community.

The sites app is just a planning tool. I will let the app creator address the information inaccuracies but bear in mind one thing, the back in difficulty is purely subjective. Someone with years of experience may find site 402 very easy to get into while someone brand new may find it the most difficult site they try. Also, someone with a T@B may have zero problems while someone with a 40ft fiver may find it a pain. People and equipment all vary so take that with a grain of salt.

The app creator as well as this community has done an amazing job collecting this data and making it available for everyone. Im sure that 10ft will not make a huge difference and is pretty close in my opinion. I've never met anyone who exceeds 70 feet anyway.

Again, welcome and I hope you become an active member.

Good points. I will make contributions to accuracy when I can. I saw several Fort Fiends signs today. Very nice! Lots of very nice Halloween decorations in the area also. Some folks really go all out.

iphone app. just download it to the ipad and touch the little 2x symbol at the bottom rightof the screen. It will only allow portrait orientation, but this is the same with any iphone app used on the ipad.

There will eventually be an android and ipad app available, but it is a ways off, as it is more problematic with the layout in the programming portions. Right now, the programming for both the android phone and iphone has been made as to be adapted (as mentioned above) for both tablet formats.

We so appreciate the hard work and time this organization has put into finding all of the information and submitting the pictures for the applications. Without it, we would not have been able to have Super Geek do such a wonderful job with his programming talents.

I do hope that you are able to help us with any omissions or modifications that have been done since we have acquired our information. This has been over a year in the making, so Disney may have modified a site or two or three since our information was obtained.