Got into it tonight a boardwalk with Disney security. They were very rude and nasty to my mother who was walking and to me I was running. Their issue was that the boardwalk was closed and that for our Saftey we were not allowed there. Now really they can't clean while a woman walks and an man runs. And they can't find a way to say you can't be here right now in a friendly manner. It just really sucks to be treated like crap by a resort your paying to be at when your doing nothing wrong. We were following all the run Disney rules and all of boardwalks rules. I have them in writing even reviewed then with the resort manager and the security guard that was nasty to us. The security guard even made up a few thing and told several lies about statements that were made. The security guard even threatened my mother that we could be 86ed off property and even arrested by Orange County police. Really can't believe how unfriendly Disney security has become over the last decade. Anyone else noticed they getting on to a major mall cop style power trip

Boardwalks night manager was very nice understanding and offer alternate running routes. Even after showing lyn the security guard the rules she was still rude and nasty. Even laughed at us as we left with the manager standing there. The manager was not laughing

Personally, I have always found that, when dealing with security anywhere, it is always best to agree with them and not argue. You will not accomplish anything by arguing and waving around rules. If you are right and want to write a written complaint later, then do so. Becoming beligerant in order to win your case gets you nowhere. I spend too much money on a Disney vacation to waste my time arguing with security over whether or not I am allowed in an area when it suits me.

Considering that Disney Security's reputation is that you don't even know they're there, even when they are reacting to something, I'd say this was an unusual occurrance.

I agree with FWG- arguing with the security person will not get you anywhere but frustrated. These folks are just following orders, and many times those orders are just plain stupid. If a security castmember is rude to you, you can be sure arguing with him or her isn't going to help the situation. The better course of action is to go along, and take up your issue with a manager. Although that is not likely to get you anywhere either. All of my visits to WDW have convinced me that the place is run by idiots, and security people are on the low end of the food chain. When I run into something stupid, I just shake my head and let it go. There isn't anything that I can do about it, so I am not about to waste my time dwelling on it. It might make a funny story some day.

TCD

It seems that people complain because Disney security doesnt do anything, but when they do they complain about that, too. Guess security should just go after everybody else and things will be fine.

The situation really has been taken care of at this point. But my point on this post it that there getting out of control. And you see it everywhere in the resorts in the parks. There like mall cops on a power trip and they don't even understand there own rules last nights issue was a joke and was down right harassment by Disney security. And to roll over and just say ok you can say or do whatever you want to the paying guest. Not a chance ill stop comming to Disney and become a cedar point fiend lol

I guess there are issues sometimes that can cause those types of actions, but on our last trip to the Fort (5/1/12) we had to call security because behind our site(101) there is a basketball court and there was one clown out there at midnight playing basketball and every time the ball hit the backboard it made a loud reverberating noise.I got up and went and asked him to stop as quiet time started at 10pm and I got the ---- you answer. So we called the front office and they came out right away and took care the situation. Some people just have no respect for rules or the feelings of others , which makes Security a nessasary evil.