Our Wildest Halloween Ride through the Wilderness!

Monday, November 5, 2012 -- Dinosaur and Our Last Time to Visit F&W -- Part 1

I woke up finally feeling normal again. After breakfast we decided to go AK just to ride Dinosaur. After waiting 40 minutes for an AK bus, one finally arrived. It was standing room only!

The lines at the gates weren't good:

DSCN0399.jpg

A few shots on our way:

DSCN0401.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0407.jpg

We finally got to ride Dinosaur (a first):

DSCN0411.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

DSCN0415.jpg

DSCN0418.jpg

DSCN0420.jpg

We are in the back row:

DSCN0422.jpg

We both really enjoyed Dinosaur but wished it were a little brighter. It was hard to see anything during most of the ride.

DSCN0423.jpg

DSCN0424.jpg

DSCN0425.jpg

My mission was accomplished for the morning, so now it was on to David's wish. He wanted to ride the monorail from the TTC to EPCOT. So we caught a bus to TTC and then hopped onto the monorail.

Anyone else remember the great topiaries that used to be along the monorail line?

DSCN0426.jpg

DSCN0428.jpg

DSCN0429.jpg

DSCN0431.jpg

DSCN0433.jpg

DSCN0435.jpg

DSCN0436.jpg

DSCN0437.jpg

DSCN0438.jpg

DSCN0439.jpg

DSCN0441.jpg

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanna go back... and I want everyone to come toooooooo

Friday, November 2 – Major Pixie Dust! -- Part 1 Had breakfast in the moho, then we had another long wait at the bus stop. Finally got to EPCOT: How often do you see a rainbow and the moon at the sa

Thank you! I have to be awake at 5am to receive more pixie dust tomorrow but I can't sleep. David has been snoring for an hour. I'm frustrated.

Wow....I just sat down and read many, many pages of your TR! Loved it! I'm sorry you had bad things happen, but I'm so glad everything worked out well in the end :) Seeing the manatees like that must have been amazing. And I so love your new tea kettle---I just pointed that one out to DH on the Disney store website a couple of nights ago! We are just a week away from heading down ourselves, and your photos have me as excited as any official Disney photos out there---they are wonderful!

AGU!

(that stands for Another Great Update, since we are on an acronymn kick).

I love the Epcot monorail.

TCD

ILA = I Love Acronyms and I am also very Pro-Epcot Monorail. Great Update Gwen! Very nice photos from the Monorail. H loves to do that too. He also loves to video the scenery from the People Mover...in it's entirety....every trip.

Anyhooooo... You're doing a great job on this TR!!

AGU!

(that stands for Another Great Update, since we are on an acronymn kick).

I am glad that you liked Dinosaur. I thought maybe you wouldn't. A lot of people don't like it, but it's one of my favorites in all of WDW.

David is my kind of guy- I love the Epcot monorail.

TCD

Thank you! Since we don't do EE, Dinosaur is my favorite ride at AK. I like the Epcot monorail too but wish Disney still had the great topiaries along the way. Remember them?

Gwen you and I were on doing the same things, often on the same day just at different times.....

I know ... it was frustrating that we couldn't meet up.

Great updates!

I'm sorry you had to deal with the news of your father being ill, but glad things worked out.

You are very talented with a camera.

I admit, I laughed at the Woody sketch, only because an effort by me would be 100 times worse.

Glad I could give you a laugh!

Wow....I just sat down and read many, many pages of your TR! Loved it! I'm sorry you had bad things happen, but I'm so glad everything worked out well in the end :) Seeing the manatees like that must have been amazing. And I so love your new tea kettle---I just pointed that one out to DH on the Disney store website a couple of nights ago! We are just a week away from heading down ourselves, and your photos have me as excited as any official Disney photos out there---they are wonderful!

Thank you for reading along! Many more photos to come!

The manatees were amazing, and I'm so glad I bought the tea kettle.

ILA = I Love Acronyms and I am also very Pro-Epcot Monorail. Great Update Gwen! Very nice photos from the Monorail. H loves to do that too. He also loves to video the scenery from the People Mover...in it's entirety....every trip.

Anyhooooo... You're doing a great job on this TR!!

Thank you, Kim! I'd like to see H's videos from the People Mover.

Been dealing with the VA and a wonderful volunteer who's helping me wade through all the paperwork most of the day. As a WWII veteran, Dad could have been receiving a VA pension for the last 25 years that we only recently found out about. Also he's eligible for over $2,000 a month from the VA for assistance. My poor parents have been living in near poverty all these years when they could have had help ... it's so sad. I just by chance found out about all this a few days ago. Please, veterans, check your benefits!

Another update coming up shortly ...

This is so sad. After this installment, I only have one more full day at WDW to post (but it's a HUGE one) and then our long ride home. I don't want this trip report to end, because while writing it I've felt like we were still at the fort ...

Monday, November 5, 2012 -- Dinosaur and Our Last Time to Visit F&W -- Part 2

We stopped at the Hawaii booth and had pork sliders. Yum!

DSCN0443.jpg

And then sampled the jerk chicken in the Caribbean booth. It was good too.

DSCN0445.jpg

Then we took the boat over to Germany

DSCN0447.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg

DSCN0449.jpg

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

and revisited the Cheese booth for Rieseling and another cheese trio.

DSCN0456.jpg

David bought the Black Forest Roulade cake at the counter service in Germany. It was beautiful to look at but tasted a little weird. It was light but not nearly sweet enough.

DSCN0457.jpg

We ran into Nicki and her IH, IS, and ID near Italy and chatted awhile and then went back to the fort.

DSCN0458.jpg

DSCN0461.jpg

DSCN0462.jpg

DSCN0463.jpg

DSCN0467.jpg

DSCN0469.jpg

DSCN0472.jpg

DSCN0473.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

DSCN0475.jpg

DSCN0476.jpg

DSCN0477.jpg

DSCN0478.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

DSCN0480.jpg

Enjoying your updates and I love all your pictures. Glad you liked Dinosoar, it's one of our favorites (although my kids usually ride with their ears covered!)

Thank you for reading! Dinosaur is one of my new favorites, too.

I wanna go back... and I want everyone to come toooooooo

I wanna go back too!

You get a up arrow for that one!

I'll give her one too.

I'm sad now. This TR has been to good to only have one more update! If I throw a tantrum will you just make up extra updates? :))

Kim, officially two updates -- our last park day and then our trip home. Our last park day is gonna be one heck of an update. I took nearly 400 photos that day, mostly of the New Fantasyland. It will have to be broken into several installments.

Love all your pics!

Thank you! More to come!

Okay, I reluctantly begin posting our last full day at WDW. As long as I keep reporting on the trip, I'm mentally still there. Once the TR is over, I'll have to come back to reality!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 -- The Dreaded Last Park Day -- Part 1

Warning: photo overload! I took nearly 400 pictures this day and will post a lot of them!

This was our morning to participate in the passholder preview of New Fantasyland. We were supposed to go to the TTC to check in and then be at the entrance to NF at 7:30 for 8:00 admittance.

So we were up before dawn and made our way to the boat dock in semidarkness.

DSCN0482.jpg

DSCN0483.jpg

DSCN0484.jpg

DSCN0485.jpg

DSCN0486.jpg

DSCN0487.jpg

DSCN0489.jpg

DSCN0492.jpg

DSCN0495.jpg

DSCN0497.jpg

DSCN0498.jpg

DSCN0498.jpg

The 6:30 Contemporary boat arrived at 6:40. (Does that give credence to the "What Time is the 3:00 Parade" question?)

DSCN0499.jpg

As we were out on the water headed to the Contemporary the sun broke over the horizon and we had the most spectacular sunrise:

DSCN0500.jpg

DSCN0502.jpg

DSCN0507.jpg

DSCN0508.jpg

We arrived at the Contemporary.

DSCN0509.jpg

DSCN0512.jpg

And caught the monorail from the Contemporary to the TTC

DSCN0515.jpg

DSCN0516.jpg

DSCN0518.jpg

where we went to the special events desk to check in and get our armbands. Then the monorail to MK -- yes, we would make it by 7:30! And, hooray, the park was decorated for Christmas!

DSCN0519.jpg

DSCN0520.jpg

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0522.jpg

DSCN0523.jpg

Kim, officially two updates -- our last park day and then our trip home. Our last park day is gonna be one heck of an update. I took nearly 400 photos that day, mostly of the New Fantasyland. It will have to be broken into several installments.

NOW you tell me! :banana:

Of course, as always, your photos are ALL fantastic but this is my hands down fave!

It makes me want to say.. "*squawk* Nevermore...." (I know it really isn't a raven but still...)

DSCN0495.jpg

Looking forward to many more installments of 2 final updates. ;D Great job Gwen!