Our Wildest Halloween Ride through the Wilderness!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanna go back... and I want everyone to come toooooooo

Friday, November 2 – Major Pixie Dust! -- Part 1 Had breakfast in the moho, then we had another long wait at the bus stop. Finally got to EPCOT: How often do you see a rainbow and the moon at the sa

Thank you! I have to be awake at 5am to receive more pixie dust tomorrow but I can't sleep. David has been snoring for an hour. I'm frustrated.

Love the tiger pictures!

Me too! Great shots!

The bat pictures however... I do not care for bats. I actually had an up close encounter with me on our last trip to the Fort. He was hiding under one of the popup gizmos, and as I was taking it off during breakdown I came within a foot of him. I haven't moved that fast in years.

Great report!

Beautiful update!!! The kitty kats were posin pretty!

Thank you for the tiger photos. My big cat loving 15yob will enjoy peering over those tomorrow. :D

Love the tiger pictures!

kitty kitty kitty...

Glad you all like the tiger photos!

Two Favorites? How can that be.

No, just one -- the tigers. That was just my favorite gorilla picture. He was such a ham -- checking every so often to see who was watching him.

Me too! Great shots!

The bat pictures however... I do not care for bats. I actually had an up close encounter with me on our last trip to the Fort. He was hiding under one of the popup gizmos, and as I was taking it off during breakdown I came within a foot of him. I haven't moved that fast in years.

Great report!

LOL! I only like seeing bats behind glasss.

Great AK photos!

Even Devine!

Sorry you didn't get to ride Dinosaur. I was looking forward to seeing your ride photo.

TCD

You will see our Dinosaur ride photo later!

Remember my Meadow/Meadows post? Well, here's another reminiscent of it. I always thought her name was Devine too. But on Disney Mobile Magic she's listed as DiVine. Go figure.

Your favorite gorilla photo is mine too!

I could stand and watch them for hours.

Thanks for reading along, Stef! Unfortunately we only caught a glimpse of the baby.

I've been posting on this thread off and on all day, but none of my posts are here!

We left the fort a little before 10:30 this morning and are now overnighting at the Cracker Barrel in Walterboro, SC. Hope to get home around lunchtime tomorrow.

Had planned for another update tonight, but I can't access Photobucket. Sorry!

Beautiful pictures! The tigers are my favorites, too. Don't you wish you could just go in there and pet one of them?

I didn't know they ate grass, either. But, I do remember the cat I had growing up would sometimes eat grass, then she would come inside and throw it up on the carpet!

Beautiful pictures! The tigers are my favorites, too. Don't you wish you could just go in there and pet one of them?

I didn't know they ate grass, either. But, I do remember the cat I had growing up would sometimes eat grass, then she would come inside and throw it up on the carpet!

We were told that the tigers are pretty tame. They have never lived in the wild. So it would probably be pretty safe to pet them!

Glad you got home safely, sad that you had to leave the Fort!

Ditto, what Carol said!

Thanks! I told David while we were at the fort that I would be happy to come home and see that our house had burned to the ground while we were gone. Then we could take the insurance money and go fulltime. Drats! The house was still here.

A quick update -- I promise to do better later after I've finished unpacking and had a good night's sleep!

Sunday, October 28 – Would You Please Answer Your Phone?!?

Had breakfast in Dolly – scrambled eggs with cheese and chunks of sausage. Then we went to Alamo and rented a car. Called my uncle Clyde and Aunt Jo in Lakeland several times but they didn’t answer. So we went shopping and bought several things at the Disney Character Outlet.

I called my cousin Eric because we were concerned that Clyde/Jo didn’t answer their phone over a several-hour period. They are both in poor health and pretty much homebound, and I couldn't imagine them being out and about for hours. Turns out their phone didn’t recognize my number and they wouldn’t answer because they didn’t know who it was. Grrr … wasted Disney day. But at least we did get some great bargains. David got a sweatshirt for $18 that is currently being sold in the parks for $50.

We ended up taking a boat to the Contemporary and then the monorail to the MK. Laugh Floor (IBALT), and then the Peoplemover which David renamed the ... get this .. the

Retirees’ Roller Coaster! :smartass: Speak for yourself. I'm not that old yet.

Picture352.jpg

Picture353.jpg

Picture354.jpg

Picture355.jpg

Picture364.jpg

Picture357.jpg

Picture358.jpg

Picture359.jpg

Picture362.jpg

Another "What Not to Wear" nominee:

Picture356.jpg

Came back to the fort and cooked chili beans for dinner. Oh, how I love living in the moho! I wish we could stay in FL forever. Already worrying about going home, and it was 11 days away.

I'm sure it will come to me before you answer, but what does IBALT mean?

You are a great photographer- I could look at your photos all day.

Excellent work on the what not to wear photo. LOL!

TCD

IBALT = it's been a long time.

Thanks for enjoying my photos!

I never cease to be amazed at what I see people wearing at the parks. One day it was over 80 and I saw a woman wearing those fuzzy Ugg boots. Several times I saw 5" spike heels. Wish I'd been able to get a photo of all of them!