Our Wildest Halloween Ride through the Wilderness!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanna go back... and I want everyone to come toooooooo

Friday, November 2 – Major Pixie Dust! -- Part 1 Had breakfast in the moho, then we had another long wait at the bus stop. Finally got to EPCOT: How often do you see a rainbow and the moon at the sa

Thank you! I have to be awake at 5am to receive more pixie dust tomorrow but I can't sleep. David has been snoring for an hour. I'm frustrated.

I am enjoying your report, love the food pics, keep them coming!

Thanks for reading along!

Love the pood forn!!!! The shrimp taco looks pretty good....the lobster roll looks pathetic. I LOVE a good lobster roll, but that one doesn't look appetizing at all. And thank you for no "TCD-esque" sausage pics.

I got the lobster roll despite its bad reviews. I thought, it's lobster. How bad can it be? I learned the hard way.

This T.R. Is making me Hungry.

Me too. Thanks for reading!

Gwen, What are you doing up at 5 am at the Fort? Trying to make TCD look like he sleeps in?

Yes, TCD sleeps in! 5am is late for me. A few days ago I was awake at 330. David has to get up lots of days at 230 to go to work, and it's a habit I can't break.

That's why I'm already working on this TR instead of waiting til we get home and also why I'm not out late at night with the fiends. They are going to sleep about the same time I'm waking up!

Loving your report! I think the blurred photos of the entrance look really cool, they are creative.

That pretzel roll looks too small for the bratwurst, but I'm sure it was tasty :)

Good comment about the happy place and the 14 days of stress less fun. We always enjoy people watching at the parks to see how many parents look just miserable, especially at the end of the day.

I'm an early riser too and am enjoying a little vacation myself, so what better way to start the day than by catching up on the trip reports.

Loving your report! I think the blurred photos of the entrance look really cool, they are creative.

That pretzel roll looks too small for the bratwurst, but I'm sure it was tasty :)

Good comment about the happy place and the 14 days of stress less fun. We always enjoy people watching at the parks to see how many parents look just miserable, especially at the end of the day.

I'm an early riser too and am enjoying a little vacation myself, so what better way to start the day than by catching up on the trip reports.

Thanks for reading! The pretzel roll was small, but I'm a low carber and only tasted it. Once we cut the bratwurst in half, David had the perfect amount of pretzel.

I was wrong about the 14 days of stressless fun ... more coming later.

After all these years, I finally met TCD! Even got my picture made with him to prove it. More later.

I had a brief encounter with TCD in the dark, in the middle if the night, in the middle of the road, on a deserted (sort of) stretch of the loop. Their was another person involved but I am not naming names....

I had a brief encounter with TCD in the dark, in the middle if the night, in the middle of the road, on a deserted (sort of) stretch of the loop. Their was another person involved but I am not naming names....

Hmmm ... I need to hear more!

Finally getting to read Gwen.... I was one of those Fiends going to bed as you were getting up, so no time to get online. Great start!!!

Thanks, Carol. Are you home yet?

I'm in and it's only page 2 :)

Thanks for reading along! Lots of adventure to come!

Enjoying your report Gwen. Can't wait to see more.

Thank you! I'm uploading more pics so hopefully it won't be too long.

After all these years, I finally met TCD! Even got my picture made with him to prove it. More later.

It's true!

And, it wasn't easy.

It was great to finally meet you.

Enjoy the rest of your stay. It looks like you will have some of that warm weather you like!

Hmmm ... I need to hear more!

There's not much to tell.

I made a quick stop at the Fort on my way home Saturday night.

I was lucky enough to catch a bunch of Fiends at their sites.

But Nicki was out in the road.

TCD

It's true!

And, it wasn't easy.

It was great to finally meet you.

Enjoy the rest of your stay. It looks like you will have some of that warm weather you like!

There's not much to tell.

I made a quick stop at the Fort on my way home Saturday night.

I was lucky enough to catch a bunch of Fiends at their sites.

But Nicki was out in the road.

TCD

My version sounds much more intriguing....

Good start Gwen.

Sorry to hear about Kassie getting sick in the car. Poor thing. I remember she had some issues on your last trip.

Great job on the what not to wear photo! I'm always amazed at some of the things people wear to a theme park.

Looking forward to more....after you get home. Your on vacation, enjoy!!!

Gwen, we got home about 10:00 Central last night, thanks for asking

Glad to hear you made it home okay!

It looks like you will have some of that warm weather you like!

But not warm enough to suit me! If it's below 85 I'm cold.

My version sounds much more intriguing....

Yes. it does!

Good start Gwen.

Sorry to hear about Kassie getting sick in the car. Poor thing. I remember she had some issues on your last trip.

Great job on the what not to wear photo! I'm always amazed at some of the things people wear to a theme park.

Thanks, Stef.

Kassie did pretty good on our March trip, but a few trips ago she suddenly started having grand mal seizures. She has had some odd behavior a couple of times this trip, but when she does we double dose her on her seizure medication and she's pulled out of it. I guess the change in environment is difficult for her, although she seems to really enjoy being here.

More what not to wear photos to come!

Enjoying your report Gwen. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks for reading!

Great report Gwen, can't wait to read more. And, those segways aren't easy to handle for the balanced challenged. I had a guide assigned just to me because I was so bad on it. LOL

Since I'm balance challenged, I'm gonna stay off the segways! Thanks to you too for reading!

Let's continue on ...

Friday, October 26, 2012 – Sandy Rears Her Ugly Head

We had breakfast at Trail’s End.

For years I’ve complained about the bacon at TE – thin and the flavor of what I suspect cardboard tastes like. Well, surprise, surprise! Today the bacon was thick and chewy and oh, so good! It’s making me hungry just thinking about it.

My plates (I didn’t eat nearly as much as usual this time):

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

BTW, if you need sugar free syrup, just ask your server for it:

Picture006.jpg

Went back to Dolly for awhile. I went looping, but no fiends were out and about. Guess they had a late night.

Then went over to the MK. Pictures from the boat:

Picture011.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture023.jpg

POTC, Haunted Mansion, and over to the Fantasyland expansion. No go, it was a soft opening for CMs only.

Picture054.jpg

At this point I was really getting frustrated because I’d been unable to get into the web site to register. Disney had said they would open up more dates the following week, but I checked every day and never got an e-mail to register again.

We rode the train around the park hoping to get a further glimpse of the Fantasyland expansion, but of course we couldn’t see anything.

Picture064.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture071.jpg

So we did visit the areas we were allowed in.

Picture056.jpg

Picture073.jpg