If you lookaround Iowa, Illinois, etc there will TTs sitting on dealer lots all winter w/o tarps. With the winds that we get in the midwest I feel that the tarp blowing around would be like sandpaper on the seams of the roof. Even if it feels smooth it will still be abrasive.

A good solid roof shouldn't be affected by snow load, freeze/thaw and the other things that get thrown at it. :clint:

In my opinion, the roofs are designed to be outside in the weather 24/7/365. With proper care and cleaning, it should not need to be covered.

I also agree that covering it may cause more problems than help.

Just give it a good cleaning and check the seams before putting it away for the winter and you will be fine.

I covered the roof of my Aliner during hail season the first year I had it. The camper was folded down. I put some foam blocks on the roof to keep the tarp from sitting right on it. I left it on there for weeks. It was a big mistake. When I took the tarp off the roof was moldy.

I wouldn't recommend a tarp, but when my T@B sat outside, I had a custom cover for it designed specifically for the T@B. It was made of a material that was soft on the inside. It covered the entire camper and was tied down underneath, so no flapping around. I never had any issues. The camper is now stored inside

I have always used an ADCO cover since I didnt' with one trailer and ended up with roof rot. NEVER use the plastic tarps at Wally World. They do not breath. ADCO covers allow for air circulation to prevent moisture build up underneath. If you do this, carefully measure the trailer as per their instructions so the cover fits snugly. I also store the trailer with the roof vents open and damp rid inside.