We are heading to the fort on the 19th, and figured we would leave earlier that we expected. Fort is booked so we cannot add a day, we would like to stay at a campground that is dog friendly, and not to far off of I-75. We are coming from ohio and would like to be somewhat close to our destination! let me hear some suggestions! We are traveling with 2 large fifth wheels.

There are numerous places within a couple hours drive of the FORT.

Several CG's in Ocala. The KOA in Wildwood is under new ownership. It was called Wildwood Campground for about a year.(lost the franchise) Not sure how it is with the new owners.

We almost always stay at River Park RV Park on the way down....it's in Valdosta, GA, just a couple of hours from the Fort. It's right off the highway but strangely not super noisy the way some are. There's a hotel between the campground and the highway, which helps block the noise. The landscaping is pretty, and the people who run it are nice. They have a fenced dog run, too. And it's inexpensive....always a plus for us, lol!

We just got home on Friday. We stayed at three differant KOA's on the way down and back all were nice and right off 75.

Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA - They gave us Moon Pies.

Valdosta / Lake Park KOA- Gave us a discount even though we didn't have the KOA card.

Forsyth GA. KOA- Gave us a calender and delivered hot cookies about 1/2 an hour after we arrived.

We made reservations at Eagles Roost! I will ahve to try the Cleveland KOA! Thats close to me!

I think she means the Cleveland TN KOA.

. We stayed at three differant KOA's on the way down and back all were nice and right off 75.

Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA - They gave us Moon Pies.

What was your impression? Last time we stayed there it seemed very run down! We prefer Lookout MTN, Chattanooga South.