Welcome! You will find that the best sites are decorated by members of FortFiends.net.

Thanksgiving is a great time to visit the Fort. Good for you for making it your new tradition.

So what loop were you in, and what dates were you there?

TCD

I did notice a lot of fort fiend signs, now that you mention it! I was in the 1300 loop with 3 other families. It was perfect! I had requested the 600 loop so I was skeptical at first. However, after a few minutes in the loop I realized just how lucky we were that it worked out the way it did. I could actually see my kiddos at the playground and volleyball and basketball courts from my site. It was also convenient to be across from the comfort station. We stayed from Tuesday -Sunday. It was our first trip to the fort in our new c class. Have stayed a couple times a year for the past 8 years in our travel trailer, though. Hated to leave! In fact, we have APs but we were having so much fun at the fort it wasn't until Friday that I was able to drag my kids to the parks. Thanks for asking TCD...will you be going for the Christmas holiday season?

I typically don't make it to the Fort much in December. But, we have celebrated NYE at the Fort for the past few years, and hope to be there again for that this year.

TCD

:lol: I read that and my first thought was, "How can I get to Fort for NYE to meet TCD and his famous twins?" Perhaps instead TCD can be persauded to visit over President's Day Weekend.

:)) I read that and my first thought was, "How can I get to Fort for NYE to meet TCD and his famous twins?" Perhaps instead TCD can be persauded to visit over President's Day Weekend.

I agree Marty! :jumpforjoy

I have visited over President's Day weekend many times.

We skipped last year.

I wasn't planning on a trip this year.

But we will see what happens.

TCD

Oh, maybe you saw our Fort Fiend sign! We were (Mama and Ed still are) in 1326. I hope I said "hi" if I saw you out! Welcome!

I bet you were the friendly folks that introduced yourselves to our friends on their campsite..they were in a pop up that they had rented...does that ring a bell? He said he met some 'fort fiends" and they were telling him about the site and were super friendly!

Also, did you have that awesome tent room? We loved that!

Hahaha, we did indeed have the awesome tent room! We put up the ez ups to host the grand gathering at Thanksgiving. Mama got cold that Monday when it was so gray and dreary, so my brother went on Amazon and the next day screen and walls were delivered to the Fort and "Rome was built in a day" because Mama wanted it now. Tent City was born!

It might have been my brother or some other Fiends. I don't remember seeing the folks at the pop up, although I checked every time I went by! I'm glad you found us and hope one day that we will meet!

I have visited over President's Day weekend many times.

We skipped last year.

I wasn't planning on a trip this year.

But we will see what happens.

TCD

Why? Are you planning on becoming a "wild woman" like a certain mayor of ours? :rofl2:

Would you fit into Wild Women's Weekend? hmmmmm, that is a pondering moment.... :rofl2: :rofl2:

I just want to say that the wife and I also enjoy the Christmas displays. I did, indeed notice the Fort Fiend signs and, in fact, one display had some cards available advertising this site. I already knew about the site, but that convinced me to sign up and I'm glad I did.

Why? Are you planning on becoming a "wild woman" like a certain mayor of ours? :rofl2:

Would you fit into Wild Women's Weekend? hmmmmm, that is a pondering moment.... :rofl2: :rofl2:

OH! I didn't realize that was WWW that Marty and Charity were talking about.

Nope, I will leave that to Donnie.

I am around lady folk all day long- it probably would not be good for me to be at WWW.

Y'all have fun.

Donnie too.

TCD