My 3 year old and I see hot air balloons almost every day on the way to or from work/school. As a result, he's obsessed with the idea of riding in one. Of course, I'm chicken about the real thing and wouldn't let my son in one this young anyway, but Characters in Flight looks like a good compromise. Who's done it? Is it worth it?

It's been a while but it was really cool. What a view! You can see almost all of disneyworld. I wasn't nervous knowing that it was attached to the ground with a tether. It was really stable and it wasnt that long of a ride. (10-15 minutes)

I don't think it goes up if its to windy.

I looked up the current price and its $18 incl tax adults, $12 3-9yrs old

Did it a few years ago and enjoyed it a lot...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/188-characters-in-flight-balloon-ride-at-downtown-disney/

Definitely pick a clear day with as little wind as possible. They'll limit how far up you go depending on the wind - which can mean that even if it's a little breezy on the ground, it could be windier up higher and shorten your trip. With no wind IIRC you go up about 400 feet.

• 2 years later...

I would be willing to bet it is true. We bowled at splitsville last week and there were major differences in price the earlier you were there. We also got an annual passholder discount there as well and free valet with our tables in wonderland since we ate there also.

Good to know!

For $10 a ticket. I'd get up early.

Did you notice that 8 out of the 10 things on the list can be done at the Fort.

Yep!  Blabber mouths. I really wish they'd keep that stuff quiet - the Fort is crowded enough. 

Let's discuss the fact that Kelly is talking about her 3 yr old!!! Holy cow baby Z lol.

Yowsa!  I didn't realize this thread was that old.  They grow up so fast!!