Gaston's Tavern - New Fantasyland, Magic Kingdom

The pork shank is great! But is is very salty and very greasy. So if you have issues with either of those things, think twice.

The article had a link to another article where they compare Gaston's Cinnamon rolls to Main Street's: Cinnamon Roll Throw Down Gaston's Tavern vs Main Street Bakery Their conclusion is that the rolls are similar, and either place is a good choice. I strongly disagree. The Main St. rolls are baked right there, and are always hot and fresh. The Gaston rolls are baked somewhere else and kept in a warmer. Late in the day, they are dry and lukewarm. While I like the Disney Food Blog, I can't remember them ever not liking something. In this case, they are dead wrong in saying that the Gaston's cinnamon rolls are just as good as the ones you get on Main Street. And, the bad news is, soon they will only be available at Gaston's when they close down the Main Street bakery to make it into a Starbucks.

TCD

The pork shank is great! But is is very salty and very greasy. So if you have issues with either of those things, think twice.

The article had a link to another article where they compare Gaston's Cinnamon rolls to Main Street's: Cinnamon Roll Throw Down Gaston's Tavern vs Main Street Bakery Their conclusion is that the rolls are similar, and either place is a good choice. I strongly disagree. The Main St. rolls are baked right there, and are always hot and fresh. The Gaston rolls are baked somewhere else and kept in a warmer. Late in the day, they are dry and lukewarm. While I like the Disney Food Blog, I can't remember them ever not liking something. In this case, they are dead wrong in saying that the Gaston's cinnamon rolls are just as good as the ones you get on Main Street. And, the bad news is, soon they will only be available at Gaston's when they close down the Main Street bakery to make it into a Starbucks.

TCD

No way---I didn't find the Gaston cinnamon rolls to be anything like the Main Street ones. The Gaston ones are ok, but the Main Street ones are awesome---hot and huge and so tasty. The Gaston one we got (around 10:30 or 11am) was definitely dry and only warmish and not nearly as large as the MSB one. Makes me glad we ate 2 MSB ones on our last visit. And our Gaston one looked totally different from the MSB ones...it was much more uniform and generic looking.

One thing I loved at Gaston's was Le Fou's Brew....we got it twice, and it was excellent! (We even got the souvenir stein and the souvenir goblet....I about choked at the price, but we're actually using them here at home!)

The Gaston ones are ok, but the Main Street ones are awesome---hot and huge and so tasty. The Gaston one we got (around 10:30 or 11am) was definitely dry and only warmish and not nearly as large as the MSB one.

We had an entirely different experience with the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's! Ours was hot and huge and the best one I've ever tasted!

DSCN0549.jpg

We had an entirely different experience with the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's! Ours was hot and huge and the best one I've ever tasted!

DSCN0549.jpg

What time of day did you get the cinnamon roll at Gaston's?

And, have you ever had one from the Main Street Bakery?

We have already tried the Gaston's cinnamon rolls on three different visits and never once did we receive anything that comes close to the Main Street Bakery cinnamon rolls.

All of our experiences were in the late afternoon or evening. It is clear that they just have the cinnamon rolls sitting in a warming tray. Maybe early in the day they are still hot from being baked, or you lucked out and got one that hadn't been sitting for hours.

TCD

DSCN0549.jpg

See, ours didn't look anything like that...it didn't look like the MSB ones at all. It looked like something you'd buy off the shelf at the grocery store. I think it shows up at the bottom of one of our photos from Gaston's....I'll look for it later and post it.

Darn...it was the Brew that shows up at the bottom of the photo, not the cinnamon roll. Maybe my memory is faulty, but I'd swear it didn't look like the MSB ones. I was perfectly satisfied with the Gaston's roll, until we went to MSB late that night and were blown away by theirs, fresh from the oven!

Darn...it was the Brew that shows up at the bottom of the photo, not the cinnamon roll. Maybe my memory is faulty, but I'd swear it didn't look like the MSB ones. I was perfectly satisfied with the Gaston's roll, until we went to MSB late that night and were blown away by theirs, fresh from the oven!

We got the cinnamon roll right as they opened. No, we've never had one from MSB, but I can't imagine one from there being any more delicious than this one!

Well, Gwen, as hard as it might be to believe, the Main Street ones are more delicious.

They are served right off the baking sheet, fresh out of the oven.

The Gaston ones are cooked who knows when and sit in a drawer under the counter for the CM's to pull out and serve.

You apparently were lucky to get one that had been cooked sometime recently.

I am telling you there is no comparison.

If you get a chance to try a Main Street one before it closes up, I suggest that you do. Because I don't think we will ever see them again the way they are now once the renovation begins.

TCD