Disney updates Fort Wilderness section of website

Looking at the map, I saw something interesting. If you zoom in, icons appear that you can click on, and there is one on the inside of the 1600 loop that says "service animal break area". Didn't know there were such things at the Fort. Unless..... Isn't the dog park adjacent to the 300 loop? Well, not according to this map. I guess they moved it, and apparently it's for more than just dogs. ::)

Looking at the map, I saw something interesting. If you zoom in, icons appear that you can click on, and there is one on the inside of the 1600 loop that says "service animal break area". Didn't know there were such things at the Fort. Unless..... Isn't the dog park adjacent to the 300 loop? Well, not according to this map. I guess they moved it, and apparently it's for more than just dogs. ::)

It looks like it is showing that break area in all the Full Hook up sites.

Now, I understand why they may want to add in some additional areas for those who have service dogs, but considering that the 2800 loop has the accessible cabins and most likely would be used by someone who had a service dog (thinking of my own cousin here). Wouldn't it make sense if additional "break areas" were needed to put at least one there?

Wouldn't it make sense if additional "break areas" were needed to put at least one there?

Would make sense for the cabins. The pet camping loops all pretty much have access to a dog walk area of some sort, so not sure additional areas are necessary there.

The thing is that AFAIK these areas don't currently exist, so..... why are they putting them on the map?

I'm thinking what's more likely is that, once again, Disney is posting incompletely/incorrect information on the Fort. 8)

Would make sense for the cabins. The pet camping loops all pretty much have access to a dog walk area of some sort, so not sure additional areas are necessary there.

The thing is that AFAIK these areas don't currently exist, so..... why are they putting them on the map?

I'm thinking what's more likely is that, once again, Disney is posting incompletely/incorrect information on the Fort. 8)

Probably the lawyers made em do it

Believe this or not, but it is true, there are small horse breeds that are considered service animals. It would not surprise me that Disney would have to allow these same horses as service animals and provide an area for them.

If I were guessing could this possibly be a retouch of the area looking toward the left as you just walked across the bridge from the 1500 loop toward the tennis courts?