MK Fireworks...Dessert party or camp a spot?

I am gleefully working on sketching out the details of our trip to the Fort in June. I am debating whether to do the dessert party again for the fireworks (we did it on our trip in 2011) or to camp a spot. We are rolling with a 7 year old so sitting on a curb for hours is a whole lot of not fun but we could stand to save the money and calories. I guess what I'm really looking for is some veteran tips on good spots to grab that hopefully wouldn't require a long camp.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

Folks say standing in the New Fantasyland area is a cool place to watch the Fireworks now. You get the big Fireworks behind the Beast's castle and see the other fireworks near Cinderella's castle.

I haven't personally seen fireworks inside the MK in awhile.

I can tell you that over Christmas (so think BUSY) we were able to grab a prime spot on the bridge between Tomorrowland and the hub in front of the castle 1/2 hr before the fireworks. One benefit of this location is that you are right underneath Tink if he flies that night. I think we were able to get a good spot there as it's not on the route of the MSEP. Anywhere along Main St, around the hub area or over the bridge into Liberty Sq was an absolute zoo. If you don't mind missing close viewing of the electrical parade it might be a good option for you. We still had a great view of the Magic and Memories show projected on the castle.

The spot Carol mentioned is very cool and shouldn't be super crowded. It's a very different view then in front of the castle, but cool to feel like fireworks are going off all around you. Downside is that you won't be able to see the castle projection show that usually takes place right before or after Wishes.

If you get to the hub area early enough, there are some benches where you can at least sit while you wait, but there aren't a lot and they fill up fast. Plus side, there are snack/popcorn carts nearby.

If you are staking out a spot early, just be sure to look up and towards the castle and see if there's anything in your way to block the view.

... you are right underneath Tink if he flies that night.

:rofl2:

You can find a good spot to watch the fireworks without having to camp out for an hour.

I marked our current favorite area on this photo:

fireworks.jpg

There is little fence along the sidewalk there. You can grab a nice spot about a half hour before the fireworks. My girls like this area because if you line up along the fence, there is no chance of someone coming along at the last minute and standing in front of you to record the fireworks with his ipad or hoisting his kid with a poopy diaper up on his shoulders right in front of your face.

TCD

They have gotten really pickey where you stand in front of the castle, you can not lean on any of the railings along the path from the bridge going into Tommorow land to somewhere on the other side of the castle. They want to push everyone up to the stage. We run into some really nasty cast members. One screamed at my Daughter and DH for having thier heels on the tape. And I mean screamed, not just asked them to move forward. A superviser came along and told the cast member that we were OK. She still stood right there next to us to make sure we didn't step back that 1/2 an inch. This was the first time we ever encounted anything like this, it was intimadating. We found the parade and fireworks security a bit on the grumpy side when we were there in Oct. Saw a parade person pull a chair out from under an elderly lady at the Halloween party. Made the little old lady cry. Several of the folks around reported the cast member and ask the superviser to bring the lady a wheelchair. No one ever told the lady they were sorry....wasn't very Disney like.

Folks say standing in the New Fantasyland area is a cool place to watch the Fireworks now. You get the big Fireworks behind the Beast's castle and see the other fireworks near Cinderella's castle.

Sounds like something we could try once this trip.

I can tell you that over Christmas (so think BUSY) we were able to grab a prime spot on the bridge between Tomorrowland and the hub in front of the castle 1/2 hr before the fireworks. One benefit of this location is that you are right underneath Tink if he flies that night.

I remember hearing before, somewhere, that the bridge was a good spot. But now I am afraid of what I might see if Tink flew over.....

You can find a good spot to watch the fireworks without having to camp out for an hour.

There is little fence along the sidewalk there. You can grab a nice spot about a half hour before the fireworks. My girls like this area because if you line up along the fence, there is no chance of someone coming along at the last minute and standing in front of you to record the fireworks with his ipad or hoisting his kid with a poopy diaper up on his shoulders right in front of your face.

TCD

Sounds great! And bonus points for the photo!!!! :partyline:

They have gotten really pickey where you stand in front of the castle, you can not lean on any of the railings along the path from the bridge going into Tommorow land to somewhere on the other side of the castle. They want to push everyone up to the stage. We run into some really nasty cast members. One screamed at my Daughter and DH for having thier heels on the tape. And I mean screamed, not just asked them to move forward. A superviser came along and told the cast member that we were OK. She still stood right there next to us to make sure we didn't step back that 1/2 an inch. This was the first time we ever encounted anything like this, it was intimadating. We found the parade and fireworks security a bit on the grumpy side when we were there in Oct. Saw a parade person pull a chair out from under an elderly lady at the Halloween party. Made the little old lady cry. Several of the folks around reported the cast member and ask the superviser to bring the lady a wheelchair. No one ever told the lady they were sorry....wasn't very Disney like.

That just awful!!!!

TCD, i saw where you marked on the map a really good place to catch the fireworks. It has been awhile since we were at Disney World. Could you please tell me where that location is at. Where that is near. Thanks. BTW, LOVED reading your trip report this morning. It made me so excited for February. LOVED the pictures too!!!

TCD, i saw where you marked on the map a really good place to catch the fireworks. It has been awhile since we were at Disney World. Could you please tell me where that location is at. Where that is near. Thanks. BTW, LOVED reading your trip report this morning. It made me so excited for February. LOVED the pictures too!!!

That is right past Crystal Palace, and directly in front of the Baby Care Center and First Aid.

That is right past Crystal Palace, and directly in front of the Baby Care Center and First Aid.

Yup. If you happen to arrive at a congested/busy time, you can bypass Main Street to get there by walking all the way through the gift shops on the left side of Main Street (they are all connected from one end to the other). We did this one night while the night parade was going on, and were able to walk right to that spot for the projection show on the castle and fireworks.

TCD