We're getting passes in February. I've looked a bit at the Tables of Wonderland but we're still on the fence. Specularius relies on me to do the reservations, special events and inner-Park related things. He keeps up with the Fort and Refurbs.

We're going to average, probably 30 days in park on these passes. Should we opt for the dining plan instead? I can't remember what we did a few years back. Usually we opt to go without the dining because we end up with a boat load of snacks and counter service.

If you eat at least 1 table service a day then I think TIW is worth it, especially if you have a large group, i.e. 6 or more. With a 20% discount you will quickly recoup the $ you paid for the card (I think they just upped it to $100) and then start to pay for an annual pass or two as well. We have not done the dining plan as I don't like the lack of flexability it entails, and you have to eat alot of food to make it worth while.

We are exactly the same and have the TIW card. I think it's the way to go just based on the low stress of it, no worries about how many of this, how many of that. For example, sometimes Rick and I do a signature, but we would prefer to sample some appetizers and split an entree, no dessert, etc. So it gives you Freedom. We have saved a TON of money with our card. Also, we are there locally and staying with family sometimes so no dining plan but still get the discount. A bunch of counter service takes it too, always ask. Specifically I remember Pizza planet, Flame tree, all the bars and lounges. All downtown disney.

BuckeyeFortFan and I are also 'foodies' and really do a lot of fancy table service.

We also drag at least 4 kids with us and sometimes other families-so that TIW is hands down GREAT for us! So we always have the automatic large group gratuity so they discount covers tip and then some on every meal we eat.

Don't forget the free valet feature (great for places like Ohana and 1900 Park Fare)

Totally depends on how you eat. I recommend folks actually crunch the numbers and see. We did this a couple of years ago. We hadn't done DDP since they changed it a bunch of years ago, and we thought that since you can use DDP snack credits for most Food & Wine food items, it might be worth it.

So I actually put together a list of what we'd be likely to eat over about 3 or 4 average days and added up what it would cost us on DDP vs with the TiW discount. That also took into account that we prefer to order appetizers and no dessert (or split a dessert), where on DDP you're restricted to 2 entrees and dessert only.

We came out way ahead with TiW.

Keep in mind that if you're going to do more than one trip in a 12 month period, you can use TiW for all of them. Also, it's good on not just food but alcohol as well (DDP only covers nonalcoholic drinks) at most TS locations and lounges at WDW, and also at some CS locations at AK.

The other big plus for us, and a big reason we stopped doing DDP, is that you can be much more flexible about where/how you eat with TiW. To really maximize DDP by eating at the nicer TS restaurants, you're going to need to plan and make ADRs in advance.

Keep in mind that if you're going to do more than one trip in a 12 month period, you can use TiW for all of them.

We got 13 months on our TIW card. It's good until the last day of the month following the month you purchase it. I.e., we purchased in March 2012, it's good until April 30, 2013.

The dining plan is not the deal it used to be, and signature restaurants are the worst value on the dining plan. Based on what you are saying, it sounds like TIW would be best for you.

Here are some good blog posts with some number crunching on the DP. They save money, but only by ordering the most expensive things at the most expensive restaurants every time. I'd rather have the freedom to not worry about that and order an app vs. dessert sometimes.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/10/02/could-the-disney-dining-plan-save-you-money/

http://micechat.com/13518-disney-world-dining-plan-2013/