Noticed an interesting change on My Disney Experience

I signed into my Disney Experience and thought I noticed something different.

7717C635-EEA3-49C0-A49C-576EF073E0D1-558-000000DF42C92C99.jpg

And I did. There are 2 new words..... "And tickets"

I was pretty sure they weren't there before. Then I read a thread on easywdw where someone was showing online check-in awhile back. And sure enough, it didn't have the part about tickets.

5D02BE00-313F-44C4-90C5-1027632459B6-558-000000DF8C38E748.jpg

There isn't the option to add tickets yet, but it looks like its coming. When you click now, this is what you see.

625EFD86-7662-46BA-93D5-432DE03FCFF6-558-000000DF671C523E.jpg

My guess is this is going to let you link tickets you already have to magic+ and FP+.

Disney's first release of "My Disney Experience" is the "beta" version. That's what they refer to it as. In software development, the term “beta” refers to a release of an early version of software. It's purpose is to improve the software by actual use before releasing the final version.

Things have and will continue to change.

Disney's first release of "My Disney Experience" is the "beta" version. That's what they refer to it as. In software development, the term “beta” refers to a release of an early version of software. It's purpose is to improve the software by actual use before releasing the final version.

is this why you can't seem to find a campsite at the Fort for most of the off season?

Right, I understand it's beta. I was just pointing it out because people have been wondering if it will be possible (and if so how) to link paper tickets they already have to the system. It looks like they're getting ready to let people do that.

Right, I understand it's beta. I was just pointing it out because people have been wondering if it will be possible (and if so how) to link paper tickets they already have to the system. It looks like they're getting ready to let people do that.

Uhh, who knows? Not sure that even Disney knows how it will all end up.

I can tell you first hand that the Disney's software geeks don't exactly have a stellar record when it comes to rolling out new software

And as one of only a handful of people in the country that don't have a smart phone, and probably never will, whatever they do will not affect my Disney experience. I still do it the old fashioned way.

I'm in the parks right now and it's been a whole new experience with this app. It gives fp return times and you don't even have to be in that park. So we were on our way and wondering which park to start in and saw that HS was out bc soaring was gone but expedition Everest was still giving out fp for 2 hours out. Very helpful to have that updated and reliable info immediately. Also done all my dinin through it. Very well done.

Good catch, Kelly! It'll be interesting to see how this thing continues to evolve as it rolls out.

Brandy - love to hear more about your experience with the new system if you get a chance. I know I'm having a hard time just envisioning how this is going to work for us and the way we typically tour the parks, so the more input from people that have actually used it the better!

I'm in the parks right now and it's been a whole new experience with this app. It gives fp return times and you don't even have to be in that park. So we were on our way and wondering which park to start in and saw that HS was out bc soaring was gone but expedition Everest was still giving out fp for 2 hours out. Very helpful to have that updated and reliable info immediately. Also done all my dinin through it. Very well done.

We have been trying to use the My Disney Experience App on our recent visits, and I agree it could be useful if, and it's a big if, there is updated and reliable information supplied. The problem we have seen is that the posted wait times for attractions have been wildly unreliable for some reason.

I don't know what they're up to, but on many, many, recent instances, the wait times have been way off. Like they will have a 60 minute wait posted, but there is no line at all.

The other thing we've noticed is that they seem to be giving out more Fastpasses for a given return time. We have had significant waits (like 15+ minutes) on Fastpass return lines in Space Mountain and Test Track. It sometimes seems like there are more people going in the Fastpass return lines than the standby lines.

They are definitely tinkering with things.

TCD