What is up with their website?!?!?!

Since last night (for over 24 hours now), I have been trying to view a dining reservation & I keep getting a message that the server is down.

I only want to view the reservation because we changed Hoop Dee Doo categories (A to B in order to get a different time). Category B is less expensive. Last I looked, the higher category A price was still showing in the reservation. I've called Disney 2 times over the last 6 days. Each time they tell me the price will be changed, we'll get a credit on our Visa, we'll get an e-mail, etc. Nothing. Just curious if their system still shows the higher category A price in the reservation after our most recent call.

I travel for work a lot. I honestly can't recall a more frustrating experience booking reservations online be it airlines, rental cars, or hotels. It's amazing to me that a company that sells travel online can't have something a little better.

I have made reservations and checked some existing reservations within the past week with no problems. In fact, I just made a dining reservation. It worked great. What are you using to access the site?

I think the website problem started midweek. Last weekend it worked OK. It still works to make reservations. It's when I tried to view an existing reservation's details that it didn't work (My Disney Experience, My Reservations, View Details). Here is the message that comes back:

Server Is Busy

Sorry, but the server is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance or scheduled downtime. Please try again later.

I just tried again this morning. And got it again so now it's on day #3. I've tried from 3 different computers. 2 at home running Internet Explorer & my work laptop running Firefox. I got the same message from all of them. So it definately appears to be more on Disney's end that my end.

And, the root cause is that Disney hasn't done what they said they would do 2 times now - put a credit on my credit card & send an e-mail confirming the change.

Honestly, not a happy camper right now.

I tried logging in after reading your post and it was fine.

I go directly to the "My Disney Experience" page, is that where you start?

Right. I have no problem logging in either. I can log in just fine. What I can't get to work is the link to "view reservation details". Here's step by step what I'm doing:

1 - go to www.disneyworld.com

2 - click on "mydisneyexperience"

3 - sign in

4 - click on "my reservations" under "mydisneyexperience"

5 - click on "view details" for the reservation in question

Oddly enough, it's just this one reservation that the details don't come up for (the one that I changed), & repeated calls to Disney are yielding no results either.

We talked to "tech support" and they also said you need to clear your "cookies" and the "cache" since it may be taking you into the old site or some such thing.

Also did you check "add a missing reservation"?

The reservation is showing up in the list. It's just when I click on view details from there.

I've tried to do several of Disney's promotions (log in at so and so time and do so and so) and it has never worked.

I've always got the server down or busy or the entire site crashes. You would think that Disney would have enough

tech people to know how much computing power they would need and then be able to set it up!

You would think that Disney would have enough tech people to know how much computing power they would need and then be able to set it up!

Maybe one of our geeky Fiends that is in the business can answer why it works for some all the time, any time, and not for others? I'm on the site on a daily basis and have never gotten an error message.

Maybe it's a distance sensitive thing and since I'm next door to WDW and you're not, it works for me.

There are so many variables its insane. Bandwidth, connection speed, issues on your computer, network switching points and which server you hit when you finally reach Disney. Then it all has to come back down to your computer.

Yes, many factors enter into this, but the servers seem to always wait until I try before they crash!!

• 4 weeks later...

I tried going to the new Disney website today to price a week the first of December. The Resort filter it stuck on All Resorts. It will not let me uncheck it and select only the resorts I want to see. Somehow I was able to find what looks like the old website and it is working ok. You'd think with all the techinically savvy people they have they'd be able to have a first rate website.

Here is the link to the How's the Website Doing survey.

https://www.disneysurveys.com/wix/p6442552.aspx

I told them it's too bad they don't put more effort into their website. It's frustrating enough to cause me to go someplace else for vacation. Yes, I know I could call one of the travel agents or the Disney customer service line. That's not my style.