Has anyonee visited Morgan's Wonderland in San Antonio? It is a theme park designed for visitors with special needs. It appears to be rather small compared to, say, Disney World or Universal Studios. I wonder if it might be worth a trip for our special needs kids from Atlanta.

I haven't been to Morgan's Wonderland, but they've done several news stories on it and it has been getting good reviews from special needs families. If you decided to bring your kids to experience it, you could probably also do Sea World and Fiesta Texas if you wanted to do more things after coming that distance.

hem alot

I used to work at a Six Flags and their "unofficial motto" was We aren't Disney World! Nice right?

Great Adventure was nice when it 1st opened but I would not go out of my way to go there again, we have been to some of the other parks but would not recomend Great Adventure to my worst enemy!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see there is a park that caters to special need children I am sure it helps the parents or who takes care of them alot, my sister told mentally challenged children it takes a very special person for that and that was her boy I really miss her. God Bless my sister Robin and all that care.

hem alot

Great Adventure was nice when it 1st opened but I would not go out of my way to go there again, we have been to some of the other parks but would not recomend Great Adventure to my worst enemy!!!!!!!!!!

It's still bad. It wasn't that bad when I worked there from '97-02 but its gone down hill. It does not attract the most pleasant of people. One year when I was working there they had booked 2 rap groups that apparently have 2 different types of followers that don't get along. We ended up being put in a lock down and were not allowed to leave the building. The state police even forced the Wawa and mcDonalds and other stores by GA to close. It was scary.

It's still bad. It wasn't that bad when I worked there from '97-02 but its gone down hill. It does not attract the most pleasant of people. One year when I was working there they had booked 2 rap groups that apparently have 2 different types of followers that don't get along. We ended up being put in a lock down and were not allowed to leave the building. The state police even forced the Wawa and mcDonalds and other stores by GA to close. It was scary.

I hear ya the lat time when we had to go thru metal detectors, wanded and almost patted down that was it for us, I think that was around 1991. Makes the bag check at Disney seem simple.

We went to Sea World San Antonio over new years and stayed in an RV park that was basically right next door. The RV park was nothing special but my girls had a blast at Sea World...we watched every show...new years eve they had a big fire works show. We did three days in SA.....two at Sea World and one down by the riverwalk/alamo. Overall very fun trip. That being said we are pretty much cured of going to sea world for many years to come...it's like we did all that we could do there and we have not urge to go back. The food there is terrible.