Question ? Has anybody left their Motorhome in the overflow parking while on the cruise then checked into the fort.. We are going over options,, Flying is getting to be stupid $ for us to fly, considered driving down the day before we leave on the cruise, then checking into the fort for 3 days, then heading back home,, Any thoughts, Recommendations.. thanks

I'm here!

We left it there in 2011 and just last week. It doesn't seem to be an issue as long as you are going on a Disney Cruise, This year however the parking pass was totally different and was initialed by 2 people. I assume at least one was a manager because they went in the back office to get it. The pass also had a specific stipulation that it would not be longer than 7 days.

I have heard that they are cracking down on the parking and it appears to be true, since the lot was not nearly as full as it has been in the past. Rumor has it that they are now charging $14.00 a day for parking unless it involves a Disney Cruise.

Thanks guys.. I guess better to call front desk direct to confirm,, do not want to drive 1000 + miles to have a problem,, cruise leaves sunday returns thursday.. would then check into the fort till saturday...

Thanks

Jim

Grumpy and Grandma.. Question,, did you leave your fridge on propane while you were gone, and if so did it affect your batteries.. We will have a full fridge when we get there...

Grumpy and Grandma.. Question,, did you leave your fridge on propane while you were gone, and if so did it affect your batteries.. We will have a full fridge when we get there...

My MH has 4 house batteries so it was not an issue. In theory you should be OK even with one battery for 4 days it would be no different that boon docking for a weekend since nothing else would be on, lights etc.

Thanks Guys,, We also have 4 coach batteries.. and since the fridge will not be opened. we thought so also,, however this is the first time we are attempting this, prev we checked into the fort and left our motorhome on a site while we were gone,, naturally plugged in so there was not a concern,, thought we would try to save a few $.. so we can spend them on the cruise..

Thanks again Jim

Carol,

We will be arriving Sometime Sat nite,, already spoke to front desk,, will get a parking lot pass then stay in M.H. sat nite @ overflow lot then leave for cruise on Sun Morn, Then check in and get our site on Thursday

Carol,

We will be arriving Sometime Sat nite,, already spoke to front desk,, will get a parking lot pass then stay in M.H. sat nite @ overflow lot then leave for cruise on Sun Morn, Then check in and get our site on Thursday

l0012.gif Enjoy yourselves.

One year we were staying at Old Key West during a vaca just following a camping trip to St Pete. After OKW we were going to be staying at the fort for a few days. They wouldn't allow us to park the camper at the resort! They would only give us one hour to unload what we needed out of the pup & couldn't set it up to do that. We then had to take it to the fort's overflow to park it. We were told this was policy at all of the resorts. I'm curious if it's the same now that parking has become such an issue.

I'm curious if it's the same now that parking has become such an issue.

What's the parking issue?

OKW's parking lots are different than the other resorts There is limited parking for each development so taking up 3 or 4 spots would limit it even more. The small size and layout are not conducive to parking and leaving an RV there.

Another unique issue is that buses travel through some of the parking lots.

I've seen RVs parked at just about all of the other resorts including the GF.

Parking r.v.'s at OKW is allowed, when I called the Fort front desk to ask about leaving our R.V. in the overflow while we were on the cruise the C.M. said we could park it there,, I am still not sure why she suggested that we park in OKW when I explained to her we would be checking into the Fort on Thursday,, :faceplant2:

Parking r.v.'s at OKW is allowed, when I called the Fort front desk to ask about leaving our R.V. in the overflow while we were on the cruise the C.M. said we could park it there,, I am still not sure why she suggested that we park in OKW when I explained to her we would be checking into the Fort on Thursday,, :faceplant2:

Hmmm.

So was this the same CM who told you that you could overnight in the overflow lot?

You may want to check on that before you arrive and get a different answer.

TCD

Parking r.v.'s at OKW is allowed, when I called the Fort front desk to ask about leaving our R.V. in the overflow while we were on the cruise the C.M. said we could park it there,, I am still not sure why she suggested that we park in OKW when I explained to her we would be checking into the Fort on Thursday,

Ya, I'm with Carol and TCD, I'd double check. That just doesn't sound right.

Having driven thru OKW hundreds and hundreds of time, I can't recall ever seeing an RV straddling 3 or 4 parking spaces.

I can't imagine why they would do that when, as Carol mentioned, across the street at POFQ, there is a ton of space, and that's where I see most RVs parked.

If you are concerned about the batteries lasting, Pull the fuse for the Propane detector. Since it will not be occupied it should not be an issue. Another option would be to get a fellow Fiend to go by the third day you are out and run the generator for a couple of hours to charge up the battery bank.

Based on my "personal" experience there should not be any issue with parking at the FORT as long as you are doing a "DISNEY" cruise. The only "hassle" I got was the front desk manager said I had to take him along if I wanted the parking permit. Linda's sister was also allowed to leave her unit there and she left as soon as we got back from the cruise.

Jim check your PM's