Weight Watchers & Walt's World

I am looking for information on doing Weight Watchers at WDW. I have done some searches online and I am sifting through the search data. I am not going in with unrealistic expectations of myself or the program, I am just looking to see if anyone has any advice on Weight watchers and Disney Dining.

Take all those extra weekly points you don't use and accumulate them for just Disney. :D

Sigh, I wish. I don't know what the real answer is. I guess I will just be going off the diet for the week I am there. I don't have health issues, so I should be fine with jumping back in when I get home.

Take all those extra weekly points you don't use and accumulate them for just Disney. :D

Sigh, I wish. I don't know what the real answer is. I guess I will just be going off the diet for the week I am there. I don't have health issues, so I should be fine with jumping back in when I get home.

everything I have found so far says to just make the smartest choice you can food wise. They also recommend getting a pedometer and only get deserts when you have earned them. Some claim that with all the exercise you gain and making the smartest choice you can even loose weight

Take a peek through the menus - there are a lot more healthy (or healthier) options available these day than in the past - even with QS.

Also in terms of portions, don't discount appetizers or the "big salad" as a meal. One thing WDW doesn't do is skimp on the food, and we've found that we can sometimes make a meal of a couple of apps and a salad.

WDW is also usually quite good about accommodating meal requests at TS restaurants.

I wonder if it's possible to get the nutritional info from WDW on at least the QS stuff, since that doesn't change often.

Maybe a nice email to the right person might unearth that info?

I have found tons of healthy options (that are delicious) that I enjoy.

I used WW to lose my baby weight so Im very familiar with it. I am going to think about this and give you my favorite healthy choices.

To start:

The wave at contemporary is geared towards offering tasty meals but always with a healthy spin. This turns a lot of people away (bison burger, whole wheat pasta, multigrain waffles) but from what I understand, they try to keep their portions to around 400 calories (before you cover in butter, syrup, etc).

Grilled salmon at harbor house.

dole whip!!

anywhere for bf just get a couple pancakes and use sugar free syrup.

Fresh appeal!!! at DD. This is awesome. They make wraps/sandwiches to order and are super fresh and delicious. That's my fav healthy choice for sure. And they have watermelon sangria.

My best advice is keep your portions small. I have learned that you can eat pretty much anything, just in small amounts. I usually eat half of whatever I get at disney and mrofbears finishes it off. We sit down, I cut it all down the middle, he makes room on his plate. It's just what we do now.

Ill think of more good choices and update.

I have found tons of healthy options (that are delicious) that I enjoy.

I used WW to lose my baby weight so Im very familiar with it. I am going to think about this and give you my favorite healthy choices.

To start:

The wave at contemporary is geared towards offering tasty meals but always with a healthy spin. This turns a lot of people away (bison burger, whole wheat pasta, multigrain waffles) but from what I understand, they try to keep their portions to around 400 calories (before you cover in butter, syrup, etc).

Grilled salmon at harbor house.

dole whip!!

anywhere for bf just get a couple pancakes and use sugar free syrup.

Fresh appeal!!! at DD. This is awesome. They make wraps/sandwiches to order and are super fresh and delicious. That's my fav healthy choice for sure. And they have watermelon sangria.

My best advice is keep your portions small. I have learned that you can eat pretty much anything, just in small amounts. I usually eat half of whatever I get at disney and mrofbears finishes it off. We sit down, I cut it all down the middle, he makes room on his plate. It's just what we do now.

Ill think of more good choices and update.

:yay:

Okay, I'm a low carber and don't count calories. I can eat 3000+ calories a day and still lose weight. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

But with that said, I'll tell you what works for me at WDW. Eat sandwiches without the bread. Get fruit or veggies as a side instead of french fries. Skip the desserts, take just a bite of someone else's, or take advantage of the many sugar-free choices. Avoid heavy sauces.

We average walking 6 - 8 miles a day at WDW. That's a lot of exercise. You can afford to be a little more lenient with your diet.

Okay, I'm a low carber and don't count calories. I can eat 3000+ calories a day and still lose weight. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

But with that said, I'll tell you what works for me at WDW. Eat sandwiches without the bread. Get fruit or veggies as a side instead of french fries. Skip the desserts, take just a bite of someone else's, or take advantage of the many sugar-free choices. Avoid heavy sauces.

We average walking 6 - 8 miles a day at WDW. That's a lot of exercise. You can afford to be a little more lenient with your diet.

that has been the general consensus of all the information i could find... still I wish they had the points values

I did low carb for a few months. I didn't lose nearly as much as I have using the Points for a month. I really do miss my bacon though.

Thanks for all the ideas. I am sure I can enjoy what I eat and not gain back the weight while at Disney.

This wouldn't be perfect by any means...but if you look over the Disney menus ahead of time and decide on some of the meals you want to order, you could find similar meals at comparable restaurants at DWLZ and get the points totals for those. For example, if you planned on eating at Nine Dragons (I don't know anyone who does) you could find similar meals at PF Changs or some other Chinese place to get comparable points and use those.

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html

Another thought....does Disney provide nutritional information for their menus? You could bring a points calculator with you and figure it out quickly on the fly.

does Disney provide nutritional information for their menus? You could bring a points calculator with you and figure it out quickly on the fly.

I've never seen them on the menus, but I'd be willing to bet the info is available if you ask. Heck you can even get that at McDonald's these days.

Although if you read that chart you'll probably run away...

Instead of using points, do the Simply Filling choice while you are there. Then you can use your weekly points for treats! Lean mean, complex carbs and fruits and veggies!

I need to look into this as I have just recently restarted the program and this was not available 5 years ago.

This wouldn't be perfect by any means...but if you look over the Disney menus ahead of time and decide on some of the meals you want to order, you could find similar meals at comparable restaurants at DWLZ and get the points totals for those. For example, if you planned on eating at Nine Dragons (I don't know anyone who does) you could find similar meals at PF Changs or some other Chinese place to get comparable points and use those.

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html

Another thought....does Disney provide nutritional information for their menus? You could bring a points calculator with you and figure it out quickly on the fly.

I have the mobile app that does have a points calculator on it and I like your idea for using another restaurants equivalent food.

Although if you read that chart you'll probably run away...

exactly.....

• 4 weeks later...

So I was looking through the BOG menu trying to figure out if 

1.  if we paid to go eat there, the kids would like anything on the menu (it's vacay and I don't want to fight it)

2.  which would be the better option lunch or dinner

and low and behold i found the nutritional info at the bottom of the page for the lunch menu only