I think it had more to do with practicality than anything else.

Mickey had to rest the musket somewhere or give it to the handler in order to interact with the kids. With the bulky gloves that he wears, it's very difficult to handle or carry anything in his hands. Look at how awkward it is for the characters to sign a simple autograph.

My guess is that over time, they said, why bother, what's the point, make it easier on the CM, lose the musket.

As for it being PC and that it happened after 911, is that known to be the case?

Direct quote from Jeff Martin.

Well that verifies it, it isn't known.

A direct quote from a former Fort IM is about one notch higher on the credibility scale than a quote from a bus driver and we all know how much credibility they have.

I wish I was kidding, but I'm not.

Well that verifies it, it isn't known.

A direct quote from a former Fort IM is about one notch higher on the credibility scale than a quote from a bus driver and we all know how much credibility they have.

I wish I was kidding, but I'm not.

Here is another article dated Sept, 2011 and this is only one of many, there were also numerous references on Voldy as well. So when Jeff said the same thing after seeing the decal that I had, it put more credence into the statements/articles floating around.

Being Disney fans and of "Fort Wilderness" this symbol was once part of the campground since it's opening, but no more.... While visiting the "Hoop Dee Do revue" years ago, I asked about the removal of "Musket Mickey" from all over the campground.... The "cast member" explained that shortly after the 911 tragedy, disney started to slowly remove this icon from around the campground and replaced Mickey's musket with a hiking stick, the reason being.... disney was concerned about it's image with it's favorite character holding a firearm.

Here is another article dated Sept, 2011 and this is only one of many, there were also numerous references on Voldy as well.

References on Voldy and what a CM says in an article, come on Dave? Have Linda slap you for me

Ask 5 CMs the same question and you'll get 5 different responses.

Show me an official Disney announcement as to why no musket and I'll be sold.

References on Voldy and what a CM says in an article, come on Dave? Have Linda slap you for me

Ask 5 CMs the same question and you'll get 5 different responses.

Show me an official Disney announcement as to why no musket and I'll be sold.

It's been almost 12 years. Do you think DISNEY would make an official announcement about a decision like that anyway? It was not something that happened overnight it was done gradually.

On this particular subject I've heard the same answer consistently every time it's been brought up.