Ride Evacuation Of Disabled Guests

Interesting lawsuit at DL regarding a disabled man who was stuck on iasw for 40 minutes while all other guests were evacuated after a ride malfunction.

He claims it was a traumatic and dangerous situation.  (Not to make light of his circumstances, but isn't small world always traumatic?)  In all seriousness, could this be one of those cases that results in major modifications to rides and/or procedures to ensure equal access and treatment?  Or will this quietly go away with an out of court settlement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ItBcuCWDBdU#!  

When I read the story in the news, I thought the guy was just trying to make money off Disney.  I suffered from panic attacks years ago, and I can't imagine why IASW would cause one.

After watching the video which mentions overstimulation issues, maybe the guy does have a case.  But he didn't look stressed or overstimulated in the video.

I believe in equal access and treatment.  But I'm just not sure about this.  Something just doesn't feel right.

See, I've been telling you all along that IASW is a bad attraction and this proves it.

Bring in the wrecking ball before another person that should know that there are risks involved with any dark, moving, ride, if you're in a wheelchair, sues Disney and is awarded $4000. I guess pain and suffering doesn't go for that much these days. Must be the economy.

He probably could have con'd been awarded more if he had just gone to the Disney IMs and complained and threatened to con sue them.

Well at least the government got half of the award and that should go a long way to ease the guys pain and suffering.

A friend forwarded me this story on FB.  I told her that if this was me they'd be awarding the money to my estate.  As much as I love IASW if I was stuck with the music blaring in a loop for 40 minutes I'd have found a way to drown myself in the river.

Five minutes and I'm begging Gail to hold my head under the 12" deep water.