May have to sell the best RV we have ever owned

Well here's the latest update of my ongoing towing troubles. Tonight I was lucky to find a 2012 Chevrolet 2500HD diesel with all the bells and whistles. I was lucky enough to get what I paid for mine in on trade. The only downfall is that it's an extended cab vs. the crew I had. I guess sometimes you can't have it all. If this truck can not solve my issues than I'm giving up camping all together...lol. Now I have to figure how to pay for this big mess

• 4 weeks later...

We have a 29 ft Falstaff V lite and with a 2007 tundra with Reese anti sway hitch. The day we picked up the TT it was windy as s#$& and the tow was miserable. DH and DB checked out the tires closer on the Tundra and we ended up purchasing four new tires that were rated much better for towing. This took care of the handling issues for us.

Well here's the latest update of my ongoing towing troubles. Tonight I was lucky to find a 2012 Chevrolet 2500HD diesel with all the bells and whistles. I was lucky enough to get what I paid for mine in on trade. The only downfall is that it's an extended cab vs. the crew I had. I guess sometimes you can't have it all. If this truck can not solve my issues than I'm giving up camping all together...lol. Now I have to figure how to pay for this big mess

Now you can upgrade to a 5'er for the ultimate in stability then realize the 3/4 ton isn't enough either. ;-)

I'm just curious, as a happy Tundra owner, it sounds like you were satisfied with the way your rig towed before you changed trucks so why did you ditch the Tundra? My rig is not quite as heavy as yours, but I've been delighted with the power and handling so far. Just wondering. 

I'm just curious, as a happy Tundra owner, it sounds like you were satisfied with the way your rig towed before you changed trucks so why did you ditch the Tundra? My rig is not quite as heavy as yours, but I've been delighted with the power and handling so far. Just wondering.

Years ago, about 10 or so, I was a die hard Chevy fan. I had a few silverados in the 90's and for the most part was satisfied. Chevy in my opinion always started to have some issues right after the 3/36000 warranty expired. In 1999, I decided to change my allegence and buy a Toyota. I bought a 4x4 Tacoma 5sp and loved it. So much I traded for a 02 Tundra the next year. In 08 when the new tundra came out, I had to have one. That was the best truck I ever owned. It was like loosing family when we traded her. So why did I not buy another tundra? Actually 2 reasons. In our lovely economy these days, Toyota would not budge on their prices. Not even with 2 demos I looked at. Our tundra pulled our unit ok, but not great. I bit all my fingernails off on our drive to TN last year then bit them all off again on the way back. Chevy and GMC had some great rebates and great incentives on leftover 12's with a lot of options. I didn't think the difference between a 5.3 V8 in the GMC would be so different from the 5.7 in the tundra, but there certainly was. Dummy me, I also reached into my inner child and bought our GMC with a 6" lift and 33" tires which made towing and turning a nightmare. After owning the truck for only 3 months, I went back to 4 different Toyota dealers again and what they had was gold and what I had was blah. They again would not budge of msrp.

The second was that if I was going cave in and call myself stupid for buying a underpowered and suspension GMC, I was going to buy something that I would not have any issues with the towing and the power to pull and if I wanted to buy a lightweight 5er down the road, we could Handel it. Low and behold came the new edition that fit as well in our family as the tundra did, the Silverado 2500HD.

I guess the moral of the story is do not buy eyecandy that looks good but won't do the job. I hope we are happy for years to come. There's a whole other story of shopping our RV for a smaller one before deciding to trade trucks. That was a nightmare and a story for another time...lol

To me the last one looks the best. I to have given up lifting my trucks to pull our toy hauler I use to put 35's on every truck I bought. But the truth is I pull our trailer more then I go offload so no lift on the new truck and it is a towing beast. But about once a month I find myself looking at wheels and tires. Then I remind my self not good for towing.

To me the last one looks the best. I to have given up lifting my trucks to pull our toy hauler I use to put 35's on every truck I bought. But the truth is I pull our trailer more then I go offload so no lift on the new truck and it is a towing beast. But about once a month I find myself looking at wheels and tires. Then I remind my self not good for towing.

You're exactly right. I always wanted a lifted truck. With the Tundra, I put a 2.5 level kit on the front and a 2" block in the rear. It lifted the truck enough to give it a nice stance but it took away from the nice ride it once had. I should have did my homework on suspension lifted trucks before we bought the GMC. As you know, the towing absolutely sucked, but the turning radius was just as bad. I had to do a 3 point turn just to get into regular parking spaces, ATM at the bank was a huge no no, and forget any drive thru with cement curbs. Plus the wife hated it. So yes, no more lifting stuff for me

• 3 weeks later...