From May 3-6, the Tomorrowland Terrace Quick Service location in the Magic Kingdom will be offering a  serving of french fries in an R2D2 bucket with a side of parmesan ranch dipping sauce.  Cost will be $11.19 + tax.

R2D2-FryBucket.jpg

That looks remarkably like my popcorn bucket...just sayin

Doesn't it though?

Given Star Wars weekend is coming up, and I'd expect the popcorn buckets will sell like hotcakes, makes you wonder if someone in merchandising didn't order a few too many.   8)

Might be a good explanation for the May the 4th Limited Time Magic as well.

If it is exactly the same as the popcorn bucket....then that is either a very small popcorn bucket or one big-ass droid full of fries.

I was looking at my bucket here and comparing to the picture and it looks like they are putting a container of some sorts inside the R2D2 bucket. you can just see the clear plastic above the rim of R2. in the picture. If I had a purple crayon I would illustrate it. 

I was looking at my bucket here and comparing to the picture and it looks like they are putting a container of some sorts inside the R2D2 bucket. you can just see the clear plastic above the rim of R2. in the picture. If I had a purple crayon I would illustrate it. 

Oh, I see it now.  Nevermind then.  This is not the droid I was looking for. 

Probably to keep the mess from hot, greasy fries to a minimum.  There's a seam on the popcorn bucket that could make it very messy if they just chucked the fries in there.

I can see the rim in the picture also.  For $11, there had better be a decent amount of fries in there though.

It's just a regular single portion side of fries.  Really.

Oh, I see it now.  Nevermind then.  This is not the droid I was looking for. 

:rofl2: