Thoughts on Level 2 & 3 HDDR seating with a young kid

I'm considering splurging for the HDDR in July as a surprise for my mom. We haven't been in a loooooooong time (like I was a kid). The day we can go only level 2 & 3 seating are available. That kind of worries me because Z is 4, and I'm not sure how much he'll get into it anyway, especially far away.

Anyone have experience with this?

We're the same way. We always debate and then don't do it. Z loves the Backyard BBQ, but we just did that. It makes it easier to choose HDDR this time. I haven't been to Disney with my mom in a long time, and it's something we used to do, so I know she'd love it.

PS- We're looking at July 18th.

We have sat in all three seating tiers including the one on the second floor. We had a good time each time we went.

The time we were on the second floor a couple of the actors came up and interacted with us.

It all just depends on how close you want to be to the stage.

I would take floor level over balcony if i had the choice.

We have sat in all three seating tiers including the one on the second floor. We had a good time each time we went.

The time we were on the second floor a couple of the actors came up and interacted with us.

It all just depends on how close you want to be to the stage.

I would take floor level over balcony if i had the choice.

Good to know.

I've always felt the HDDR would be fun if we went with more people. I'll have to see if she's interested.

Want to do a table for 5? If so, talk to her ASAP and let me know. I'd like to surprise my mom for Mother's Day if I do it.

GDF-

The show is not confined to the stage.  The actors roam around Pioneer Hall and interact with the guests, so being close to the stage really isn't that important.

The last time we went, we were on the floor level, all the way in the back.  We saw and heard everything fine.  I'm not sure what the price difference is between level one and two, but if it's significant to you, I'd save the money and enjoy the fact that you are seeing the same show and eating the same food as the people a few rows ahead of you, who had to pay more.

TCD

I would like to point out that this is an excellent example of fiends helping fiends. See, I really wanted category 1 seatings, but was going to settle for category 2.

But Jason, being a good fiend, jumped in and decided to go to the HDDR too.  Brilliant and helpful! Now we have good company AND better seats.

Bring on the sangria and beer!

Just for future reference I would choose sitting on the shelf over category 2 if you want to have actors near you because the ratio of audience members to actors is so much better on the shelf. The only drawback is sitting on one side of the table for the rare moments you aren't watching the show talking is a little tougher.