Okay...throw out your suggestions.  Looking for next year, trying to stay at 400 miles or less (one way) from Atlanta.  The Fort is booked, as is Topsail.  Considering all neighboring states.

If you have a super suggestion... let me know so I can book it now!   Two little ones and a dog so.. needs to be family/pet friendly.   40' 5th wheel. 

Thank you!!

Here are a few of the locations we enjoy.   Of course getting a spot may be difficult as many of these fill up well in advance of a year or more.

Anchor Down RV Resort - Dandridge TN on Lake Douglas

River Plantation - Sevierville, TN

Panama City Beach RV Resort

1 hour ago, weekender said:

Here are a few of the locations we enjoy.   Of course getting a spot may be difficult as many of these fill up well in advance of a year or more.

We looked at Anchor Down a few days ago. Very nice campgrounds but not a lick of shade. Maybe 20 pine trees on top of the hill

29 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

We looked at Anchor Down a few days ago. Very nice campgrounds but not a lick of shade. Maybe 20 pine trees on top of the hill

That's one we are looking at but the no shade for that time of the year...is one thing that's holding us back.

1 hour ago, weekender said:

Thank you.  We stayed at at River Plantation last year and enjoyed it.

Jason was actually able to offer us a reservation for Memorial Day but...we were priced out.  Premium site was averaging $165/night and we have several trips planned during our AP period, so the price was too high.   Thank you though Jason!!!

11 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

That's one we are looking at but the no shade for that time of the year...is one thing that's holding us back.

At Memorial Day typically it has not been too hot in the mountains so shade was not a big factor.  Thier pool is usually too cold to go into at Memorial Day.  Try to get a site where your awning/patio get the morning sun or try to get up top with the pine trees. 

We love Anchor Down and have spent the past several Memorial Day, Labor Day and Halloween there. 

On 7/14/2017 at 6:56 AM, weekender said:

At Memorial Day typically it has not been too hot in the mountains so shade was not a big factor.  Thier pool is usually too cold to go into at Memorial Day.  Try to get a site where your awning/patio get the morning sun or try to get up top with the pine trees. 

We love Anchor Down and have spent the past several Memorial Day, Labor Day and Halloween there. 

Thank you.

On 7/14/2017 at 7:01 AM, djsamuel said:

Big Meadow Family Campground, KOA, or Tremont, Campground; all in Townsend, TN.  Nice and quiet, convenient to Cades Cove and yet still not hard to get to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg.  Did I say QUIET?

Thank you.  Haven't been to Cades Cove yet...

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Thank you.  Have been to Cades Cove yet...

Cades Cove is outstanding.  Besides the 11 mile loop drive, there are plenty of places to pull off and explore the cabins and churches still there.  In addition, there are some great hikes in the area, from easy to moderate, such as Abrams Falls Trail, Rich Mountain Loop trail.  We always see a lot of wildlife, including bears.

This video will give you a portion of what you can see:

Cades Cove - Great Smoky Mountains

On 7/14/2017 at 9:14 AM, djsamuel said:

Cades Cove is outstanding.  Besides the 11 mile loop drive, there are plenty of places to pull off and explore the cabins and churches still there.  In addition, there are some great hikes in the area, from easy to moderate, such as Abrams Falls Trail, Rich Mountain Loop trail.  We always see a lot of wildlife, including bears.

This video will give you a portion of what you can see:

Cades Cove - Great Smoky Mountains

Thank you!

12 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I keep seeing this thread and reading the title as Memorial Day 2018 GG. Then I think Nacole is so awesome to head this search up for us.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

:lol: Anytime!  Love for some Fiends to join us... Tom voted for TN.   I'm debating between Anchor Down (no shade, but I don't know that it will be super hot there at that time) or in Pigeon Forge. 

16 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I keep seeing this thread and reading the title as Memorial Day 2018 GG. Then I think Nacole is so awesome to head this search up for us.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am in for any place that does not have yellow flies.  I am really not a fan of Fort Wilderness and yellow flies.  The swell me up something awful.

5 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

:lol: Anytime!  Love for some Fiends to join us... Tom voted for TN.   I'm debating between Anchor Down (no shade, but I don't know that it will be super hot there at that time) or in Pigeon Forge. 

I don't think you could go wrong with Anchor Down or something like River Plantation in Sevierville. 

Edit: River Plantation is full that weekend and Anchor Down has 12 back-in sites available.