Lost and Found Items will now be donated after waiting period

Have you ever lost anything at Disney?  (We have.  Some things we get back, some we don't.)  It seems that now you will have a time limit in order to get your things back from the lost and found department.  Here are the details.

http://www.chipandco.com/lost-found-items-walt-disney-world-will-now-donated-30-days-295991/

20130120-181830.jpg

(excerpts from article)

If you lose an item on your next Walt Disney World vacation, make sure to claim it no longer than 30 days after you lost it! Previously, items lost at Walt Disney World were kept for 90 days. However, a new bill was passed in Florida that stated Theme Parks now can donate those times after 30 days.

Another change introduced in the bill states that lost items will now go to needy families and non-profit organizations. Previously, these items went to Orlando-area Sheriff Departments. These changes will save taxpayers indefinite amounts of money.

article credit chipandco.com 

photo credit disneydose.com

Well at least the stuff will be going to need families and not for profits instead of getting sold or something. I wonder what they do with expensive items though, jewelry cameras and such. It would be interesting to know how much stuff like that gets found and turned in and how much gets reclaimed. 

5 minutes ago, Beckers said:

I thought that they used to sell lost and found stuff to CM too? Will that no longer happen?

I had heard that too. I heard that there were tubs of sunglasses available for sale. But, going back to when the TCD twins became CM's in 2014, there were never any lost and found items for sale in the CM store. 

TCD

15 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I had heard that too. I heard that there were tubs of sunglasses available for sale. But, going back to when the TCD twins became CM's in 2014, there were never any lost and found items for sale in the CM store. 

TCD

I’m going back to like 2000 lol. Hang on and let me ask my friend who took my into the store. 

I volunteer at the Sharing Center in Longwood, FL every so often the thrift shop or the Boutique has a supply of stuff from WDW.  Cheap fold up strollers, bins full of the selfie sticks, out of date clothes, even collectables.  Those are usually behind a locked glass door ^_^ but prices are very good.  The really expensive items are sold in the Boutique, but are still a bargain, thrift store sells for less.  Last year there was a table full of those fans that spray water, some still working and the rest needed a battery.

WDW probably donates to several charity places.

They use to have some of the lost and found available for cast to buy.