WWW.INQUISTR.COM

‘Star Wars’ Galactic Nights Returning To Disney’s Hollywood Studios In May 2018 – Full Details

The popular hard ticket event is returning again in 2018, and it will be bigger than ever before.

Fans are still going to have to wait for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in 2019, but Walt Disney World is going to give guests something to tide them over. Yes, Toy Story Land will be opening this summer, but those who love “The Force” will have their chance for enjoyment as well. Star WarsGalactic Nights is returning for the third time and it will take place this May with some additional options and new things for all to partake in.

The first-ever Galactic Nights took place in April of last year and there was another in December to go with the theatrical release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Along with photo opportunities and some unique food options, there will be celebrities, games, and so much more for guests to learn which side they belong on.

As reported by the Disney Parks Blog on Monday, the special event will take place during Memorial Day weekend on May 27, 2018. It will once again be held at Disney’s Hollywood Studios after the park closes regular operation for the day.

It is expected that the event will once again be held from 7 p.m. until midnight with all the fun of the Star Wars saga everywhere you turn.

Heads up #StarWars fans – the Star Wars: Galactic Nights one-night special event will return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on May 27! Details: https://t.co/nQw406UJnD pic.twitter.com/LpSnZIyUMH

— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) January 29, 2018

A number of past activities and events will return from the first two Galactic Nights, but there will be some new offerings as well. Not everything has been revealed as of yet, but here is what has been officially announced by Disney.

• Star Wars Galactic Destinations Projections transform The Hollywood Tower Hotel
  • Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular and Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away will debut new saga elements for the first time
  • Special photo opportunities with characters and unique backdrops
  • Character encounters and a view of the Imperial Stormtrooper March with Darth Vader
  • Exclusive Food & Beverage offerings
  • Park attractions – Select attractions will be open during the event and some will have special Star Wars overlays

Tickets are not yet on sale for Star Wars: Galactic Nights, and that means pricing isn’t yet known either. Last year, adult tickets were $129 and child (3-9) tickets were $124. Anyone with a Walt Disney World Annual Pass or someone who was a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) member could receive a discount, but no word yet on this year.

There is at least a year until Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, but there is still plenty of intergalactic fun to be had in that park every single day. Still, Walt Disney World is giving even more to the fans with a return of Star Wars: Galactic Nights for a third time, but be ready when tickets go on sale as they won’t last long.

It's nuts that they're doing this on Memorial Day weekend. But, I guess they figure there will be more suckers looking to spend some extra cash. I'm guessing Toy Story Land will be open by then, and they can offer these guests shorter waits to ride those new rides  

Remember when they used to have a 24 hour event included with regular park admission to kick off Memorial Day weekend?

TCD

42 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's nuts that they're doing this on Memorial Day weekend. But, I guess they figure there will be more suckers looking to spend some extra cash. I'm guessing Toy Story Land will be open by then, and they can offer these guests shorter waits to ride those new rides  

Remember when they used to have a 24 hour event included with regular park admission to kick off Memorial Day weekend?

TCD

I remember a couple of 24 hour events.  We went to one, it was rainy and hot even at 10:30 PM, kids stayed, wife and I headed back to the Fort.

Disney is only saying summer 2018 for Toy Story, Memorial Day is pushing it for them...

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

They only were saying summer for Avatarland. 

They need something to hype to sell summer tickets and rooms. They're definitely going to push for Toy Story Land to be open by Memorial Day. 

TCD

that would be interesting.

But if they wait until true summer, they won't have to put up with us low life black-out date passholders getting their shiny new land dirty!

53 minutes ago, Travisma said:

that would be interesting.

But if they wait until true summer, they won't have to put up with us low life black-out date passholders getting their shiny new land dirty!

The more I think about it, I think they could set the official opening date for Toy Story Land just past Memorial Day, and make subtle suggestions that it will soft open during the paid event. They did that with the Mine Train- we got to ride it during the 2014 24 hour event, but the official opening wasn't until the next week. 

This will help them sell tickets to the special event, and possibly make silver passholders think about upgrading their passes.

TCD

6 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Who said it wasn't good for Disney?

Rhetorical question.

Everything Disney does is good for Disney. 

As it should be, if you're Disney.

Even if it means biting the hand that feeds you. 

Maybe so, but seeing that people continue to come, they must be ok with having their hands bitten.

10 hours ago, Lou... said:

Maybe so, but seeing that people continue to come, they must be ok with having their hands bitten.

What do I know?  I think that constantly charging your base of customers more and providing them less is not a good long range plan. But why worry about tomorrow when there's people who will fork over $500 to have access to a Walmart carport set up next to Space Mountain or $125 for "free" Mickey bars and 3 hours in the MK? The schemes are only limited by the imaginations of the geniuses in charge.

TCD

46 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

What do I know?  I think that constantly charging your base of customers more and providing them less is not a good long range plan. But why worry about tomorrow when there's people who will fork over $500 to have access to a Walmart carport set up next to Space Mountain or $125 for "free" Mickey bars and 3 hours in the MK? The schemes are only limited by the imaginations of the geniuses in charge.

TCD

$125 for "free" Mickey bars and 3 hours in the MK

Don't forget, you get a $30 discount as an AP!

• 3 weeks later...
Now that they have officially announced that Toy Story Land won't open until June 30th, it's clear that the plan all along was to use Memorial Day weekend to rake in some extra cash from this event, and not waste the hype generated by opening a new land on a holiday weekend. They are evil geniuses. 
TCD 

As soon as Galactic Nights was announced for that weekend, I had a feeling they wouldn’t also open Toy Story Land the same weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk