TCD better tell his Peter Pan friend.... Pan has moved!

Funny story about Peter Pans. My friend works in entertainment MK, he's a parade supervisor. So needless to say tons of his FB friends are Disney CM and a lot are "friends of". So because I am a FB stalker I started looking at his friends and seeing who's profile wasn't private. Low and behold I came across a picture of "the peters". It was interesting to say the least.

Funny story about Peter Pans. My friend works in entertainment MK, he's a parade supervisor. So needless to say tons of his FB friends are Disney CM and a lot are "friends of". So because I am a FB stalker I started looking at his friends and seeing who's profile wasn't private. Low and behold I came across a picture of "the peters". It was interesting to say the least.

So where's the picture?

My oldest daughter has a friend who is a "friend of" Belle and Ariel. She has some interesting Facebook photos too.  I am surprised that Disney allows these CM's to post photos of themselves in costume on their personal Facebook pages.

TCD

So where's the picture?

My oldest daughter has a friend who is a "friend of" Belle and Ariel. She has some interesting Facebook photos too. I am surprised that Disney allows these CM's to post photos of themselves in costume on their personal Facebook pages.

TCD

If Disney saw some of the pics I'm sure they would have a stroke!

I am surprised that Disney allows these CM's to post photos of themselves in costume on their personal Facebook pages.

Me too, maybe they're just not aware of it..........yet.

They recently put out an advisory to CMs about minimizing being seen in public in costume.

A.  She is not my friend.

B.  She has a name: Big Wendy.

C.  Real Wendy had better look in to a restraining order.

TCD

Sure she isn't..... You just keep "running into her."

In all seriousness, real Wendy better look out for Big Wendy. This double gig might not last long.

So where's the picture?

My oldest daughter has a friend who is a "friend of" Belle and Ariel. She has some interesting Facebook photos too.  I am surprised that Disney allows these CM's to post photos of themselves in costume on their personal Facebook pages.

TCD

They aren't supposed to and I know CMs who have lost their jobs doing it. They weren't even friends of a character. They posted pictures of themselves in their CM costume with a character. We are all told in training not to do it and sign a contract. These people just haven't been caught yet.

As far as CMs in costume in public. We aren't supposed to do that either and especially anywhere on property (like the fort) but as long as we do not have our nametag on we are somewhat safe.

Is it weird that I think Wendy is hot?

Yes.

You can like Wendy. Just don't go up to her with a notebook of pictures you've drawn of you and her as dragons. That would be weird.

LOL!

For anyone who doesn't know what GDF is talking about:

OK, ready to proceed.

It took me a while to hunt down a photo from the TCD archives which I needed for this post. You'll see that in a moment.

It was around 2:30 or so when we were done with lunch. As we ate, we made plans for what to do next. The MK was packed, and all the attractions had long waits. We finally agreed that I would run and get us Fastpasses for something, and we would watch the 3:00 parade, and then hopefully use the Fastpasses, and then add to the plan from there.

On one of our recent trips, we had enjoyed the 3:00 parade from a nice shady spot on Main Street. But there was no way that was happening today. Main Street was packed. We headed to Fronterland and found a nice spot near the Shootin' Gallery. I then hoofed it over to Big Thunder to get some FP's. But the return time for BTMRR FP's was already 6:30-7:30. We weren't going to be sticking around for that long, so that ended up being a fail. I returned to our spot empty handed.

We were set up by this stuff:

Thanksgiving2012337.jpg

The parade took a while to get to us. My camera says this photo was taken at 3:21. I think they intentionally drag out parades and shows on busy days. It keeps folks at the parade longer, which reduces wait times and crowding at the attractions:

Thanksgiving2012338.jpg

The car has a Christmas wreath on the back. Otherwise, there weren't any holiday touches that I noticed in this parade:

Thanksgiving2012339.jpg

We apparently were in a spot where the characters were supposed to interact with the crowds.

Duck:

Thanksgiving2012341.jpg

Goof:

Thanksgiving2012342.jpg

Woody and Jessie:

Thanksgiving2012343.jpg

Mickey and Minnie:

Thanksgiving2012345.jpg

For Norm:

Thanksgiving2012346.jpg

For Dave:

Thanksgiving2012347.jpg

Dave- your girlfriend told me to tell you "Hi," and that she hopes to see you soon.

Let me know if you want to borrow the spankula.

I have yet to figure out what is going on with this float. I see Aladdin and Dumbo, and I am guessing that the theme is supposed to be flying. But, then, why are the mice from The Rescuers on there? Did they fly? :

Thanksgiving2012348.jpg

Here's another odd combo- Peter Pan and Wendy with Alice and the Mad Hatter. Why? :

Thanksgiving2012349.jpg

I hope that's enough parade photos, because that's all I have.

I had told the girls the bad news about the Fastpasses, and they had come up with a Plan B.

They said let's go see Peter Pan.

Why, I asked?

They reminded me of a really odd scene that we had stumbled upon on one of our last visits. It seems that Peter Pan has an unadvertised meet and greet after the 3:00 parade. We found this out by accident when we walked by and saw this scene (this it the photo I had to hunt down) :

491.jpg

Do you see that girl with the Peter Pan doll?

She was really strange.

She also had a Peter Pan ribbon in her hair.

The girls wanted to see if she was there again.

So we went.

Peter was there.

But that weird girl wasn't.

The girls said lets get on line and get a photo with Peter.

I said if that's what you want to do.

So they did.

When the went to get in the line, a girl at the back said they could go ahead of her- she wanted to be last.

This is her:

Thanksgiving2012351.jpg

Thanksgiving2012352.jpg

I'm not sure you can take that all in. She has a Peter Pan ribbon in her hair. And a pin lanyard with just Peter Pan pins on it. And a sketch book. I wonder what's in that sketch book.

Oh, and there was one more thing.

She had a Peter Pan doll too:

Thanksgiving2012353.jpg

The line was taking forever, but there was no way any of us wanted to miss this.

The girls finally got their turn to meet Peter:

Thanksgiving2012355.jpg

IMG_8460.jpg

IMG_8463.jpg

IMG_8467.jpg

The CM playing Peter was a hoot.

The girls had a fun time meeting him.

And I was thankful that he had on green shorts over his tights.

Peter asked the girls who that was taking his picture. They said it was me and their older sister.

So Peter came over to say hello to my oldest DD:

IMG_8468.jpg

He told her he liked her shirt, and gave her a chop:

IMG_8469.jpg

So Peter's an FSU fan.

That figures.

Then came the part I was waiting for.

The girl with the doll and sketch book got her turn.

A few of her friends had joined up with her, and all of them got to talk to Peter.

Here she is showing Peter a sketch from her book:

IMG_8472.jpg

IMG_8471.jpg

Let's take a closer look at that sketch:

sketch.jpg

What The Fort is that?

She told Peter that she had sketched him, his buddy Terrence, and her, as dragons.

Dragons?

I looked around for the hidden cameras.

I was getting punked, right?

This wasn't real.

It couldn't be.

Only it was.

These girls stayed there and chatted with Peter.

It was really, really strange.

And, more than a little bit creepy.

Then Peter ran off.

And his groupies followed him.

Wow.

This group was coming from the direction where Peter had headed:

Thanksgiving2012358.jpg

Not long ago, there was a story about a girl who was devastated because she had shown up at WDW in a Tinkerbelle costume and had been denied admission. Yet, here were two girls walking around in costumes. How come?

After our Peter Pan experience, we discussed what to do next.

We all agreed that we should bail.

It was too crowded to do anything now.

We would go back to the Fort and enjoy that. We would eat dinner at the site, and then hit a park at night.

That sounded like a winner to me.

On the way out, the girls wanted to powder their noses, so we stopped at the restrooms near the first aid station, right outside of Casey's.

I never noticed this fountain before, but this is where I waited for them:

Thanksgiving2012360.jpg

The TCD girls (minus Mrs. TCD) :

IMG_8456.jpg

A self portrait by Twin #1 (she got all of us in that shot) :

IMG_8476.jpg

Then we headed out.

Next to City Hall, they have set up Candy Cane Garden:

Thanksgiving2012362.jpg

Thanksgiving2012363.jpg

I was kind of shocked when I saw that 34 days till Christmas displayed there.

But, you want to know something worse.

It's only 20 days from today!

Yikes!

Next up, we hop a boat to the Fort.

Oh, and one more thing. You know that girl with the Peter Pan doll and dragon sketch? We ran into her again later in the day. That was surreal. I'll tell you about that when we get there.

TCD

I understand.

If it makes you feel any better, I had to watch the new Nicholas Sparks movie last weekend.

I guess this Once Upon a Time show is something I could watch on demand. Can anyone recommend and episode that would be a good one to start with?

TCD

Uhh the first one?

Me too, maybe they're just not aware of it..........yet.

They recently put out an advisory to CMs about minimizing being seen in public in costume.

Well if they would go back to having you go to a dressing area before and after shift, that would solve that problem!!

Disney created CM costumes in public by saving money by issuing several costumes at once.

Anyone watch Once Upon a Time?  Apparently it turns out that Peter Pan is the bad guy.  Like THE bad guy.  Didn't see that one coming.

We haven't watched this, but we usually pick a series that's a season or two in to watch during the summer. We did it with Revenge last summer and still love it. I think Once Upon a Time might be it this summer.

Well if they would go back to having you go to a dressing area before and after shift, that would solve that problem!!

Disney created CM costumes in public by saving money by issuing several costumes at once.

I doubt that they would go back to the previous system just because of this issue. I don't see it as a big deal.

The previous system cost more and was inconvenient for everyone involved.

I worked with both systems and I prefer the current system.

They do save money, but not only because CMs can get a weekly allotment of costumes, but also because a lot of CMs find it easier, me for one, to keep the costumes and wash them at home. That's a lot fewer costumes that Disney has to collect, process, distribute, and restock. It's a win, win.

We haven't watched this, but we usually pick a series that's a season or two in to watch during the summer. We did it with Revenge last summer and still love it. I think Once Upon a Time might be it this summer.

You will love it. It's dark at times especially in the begining. It's not girly at all. The twists and turns are awesome.