Fa-Tang! - This Trip Report Brought to You By the Letter 12

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok.  Since I know I love Nicki... and I know that I love MO... and anyone who calls herself Turkey Pants and is related to MO just has to be loveable....   I will gladly add my Hong Kong Phooeyesque  

I have a picture in my head of WWW and a 24-hour MK colliding.  :partythree:  :panic:  :pope:

OMG I love how you think and well... just you in general.  Both of you.  :heartsmiley:   Seriously folks, only do crazy things like this with people you truly adore or you will probably end up killing

I'm in.

Page 4 bragging rights.

Sorry that you ladies aren't feeling great.

Some day you will look back on it and say it was worth it!

TCD

Oh it was sooooo worth it!

It was even worth all the horrendous, goofy pictures of me that were taken.

Yeah... they get worse as the day/night/day goes on. Sit back and enjoy!  8)

When I met up with them at Pop Century just after they had gotten up, I asked them, was it worth?

Mo said, ask me in a week.

Brian asked me last night, "If someone gave you a plane ticket and a hotel room, would you go back and do it again this weekend?"

I didn't even hesitate before I said "YES!"

Then he said "W-H-Y??"

I'd definitely do it again with a few changes...

1. Get more sleep the night before
  2. Go back for a nap during the afternoon (hey, already got the 24 consecutive hours thing under my belt)
  3. Add in one more day before flying home

Other than that... sign me up!

Brian asked me last night, "If someone gave you a plane ticket and a hotel room, would you go back and do it again this weekend?"

I didn't even hesitate before I said "YES!"

Then he said "W-H-Y??"

I'd definitely do it again with a few changes...

1. Get more sleep the night before
  2. Go back for a nap during the afternoon (hey, already got the 24 consecutive hours thing under my belt)
  3. Add in one more day before flying home

Other than that... sign me up!

I concur/agree/where are those free tickets....

I assume that was you guys who yelled at me over at the Thoughtful spot. The lights shine right in our eyes and its hard to see out that far. Sorry I couldn't properly say hi. I was helping a guest with something when you got my attention.

I assume that was you guys who yelled at me over at the Thoughtful spot. The lights shine right in our eyes and its hard to see out that far. Sorry I couldn't properly say hi. I was helping a guest with something when you got my attention.

Yes, that was us. Right before Monique got assaulted by Tigger.

The Joke Bus & A Taste Of Heaven -

Once we loaded up on the bus to head to DTD we quickly noticed something different.  It was the special bus, literally special.  It honked at least once everytime the driver turned.  Nicole, I think, quickly dubbed it the Joke Bus.  The driver was so embarrassed and tried to figure out how to get the bus to stop honking... to no avail.  In the process he managed to some pedestrian jump about 5 feet in the air and honk the horn at pretty much everyone we passed.

We got off the bus near Pleasure Island and headed straight to Ragland Road -

8859110426_615569f09a_b.jpg

Look Men In Black -

8859086866_5913a4797c_b.jpg

While trying to capture a picture of the dancers, I got the first of what be many great looks from Nicole.  

8858467529_7c4deffaae_b.jpg

This dancer was special.  It appears that her arm disappears during the Irish Jig.

8859064374_7989f64bd5_b.jpg

Pood Forn..sideways but this was Mo's Appitizer in place of entree- (durn you flickr)

8858445165_7978338644_b.jpg

Meanwhile I had a craving for some nice big fries and tarter sauce -
8858436377_ba0a783795_b.jpg

Nicole's Salad and Fries-
8858427413_c69ce20c01_b.jpg

The reason we decided to go to Raglan road and decided against entrees and went for appitzers and sides ...Taste of Heaven...aka.. Bread Pudding!

8858417907_a367fe7b87_b.jpg

Next Up - The 24 Hours Begin

A Brief Nap & The Fun Begins-

We had intended on making it to Guest Relations after eating at Raglan Road so that we could do two things.  The first was get Nicole her tickets and the second was get Mo's TIW card replaced.  It turns out that when we had been at the TE for WWW they had given Mo Carol's TIW and Carol Mo's.  Unfortunately Carol's card had expired.  However dinner took so long, despite the abbreviated menu, that it was really late by the time we got back.  We all decided on showers before bed so that we could just hop up after a 4 hour nap and head into the park.  We set two phone alarms for about 15 minutes apart to ensure we woke up.

When Mo's phone went but we all got up, dressed and headed out to the bus stop.  There may or may not have been some slow moving people....

How we will dream of you fondly for the next 24...

8859135155_be71cf5d85_b.jpg

Nicole bestowing us with another look -

8859748334_decd13ba1a_b.jpg

Somebody is headed off to her happy place -

8859733380_571b0393bf_b.jpg

And lastly, a really bad selfie group shot-
8859119923_68a52a7f35.jpg

I was expecting to find a bus with more than half the seats empty and no kids.  I was wrong.  Though there were seats available there weren't many and there were kids galore.  We timed the bus route to see how long it took.  Schmuck face knows his bus routes.  15 minutes or less.

Our Target -
8859119711_0e043492b7_b.jpg

We got separated and I ended up through the ticket readers while Mo and Nicole were in line at Guest Relations.  I decided to go grab a locker key while there was one available.  Best $5 dollars we spent that day.  The rental is actually $14 but you get back all but $5 deposit.

This is the crowd with little to no moving room at 5:45am.

8859720506_b9b281aac1_b.jpg

8859712092_d25074e211_b.jpg

Here we are looking at Sully with my point and shoot camera zoomed all the way in.  
8859703046_dd38941c7d_b.jpg

8859694630_c6653ce6b0_b.jpg

Our early arrival button.  I am not sure how long these lasted but I know some people did not get them.
8859070519_4ec2c1809c_b.jpg

8859674282_8bc20c3649_b.jpg

And we are in the park -

8859030519_9cc5565680_b.jpg

I know it's a short update but with three of us I feel like I need to stop this update in the event that Mo or Nicole have pictures that fall within this time frame that I do not....

Looks like a sweaty summer crowd there waiting to get in.  That was a lot of people.  You really have to change your mental preps to deal with crowds of that size.  And it looks like someone had her game face on.  I love the happy place photo.

Looks like a sweaty summer crowd there waiting to get in.  That was a lot of people.  You really have to change your mental preps to deal with crowds of that size.  And it looks like someone had her game face on.  I love the happy place photo.

Things didn't get really sweaty until the sun came up.  Then it was quite steamy - probably as humid as it would be all day in fact.

Backtracking a tick, when we hit the line for the bus at about 5:20am, this many people were already waiting...

8878264862_63d6e0c558_b.jpg

As Nicki said, by the time the bus picked us up about 10 minutes later, the line had filled out quite a bit and the bus was fairly close to full.

Here's the blurry bus that picked up our blurry selves.

8877645677_2e1426431f.jpg

The time stamp on the photo says 5:26am, which explains the look on Nicole's face above.  8)

Nicki snagging a locker early was pretty much brilliant.  We'd each packed a bag with what we needed to get us through the 24 hours - phone chargers, extra battery packs, ponchos, extra shirts, socks, sunscreen, water bottles, contact solution and glasses (for us blind folks), etc.  The locker allowed us to offload as much stuff as possible to keep from lugging heavy bags all day. Whew!

The one good thing about Nicole needing to get her ticket was that I waited outside the turnstiles, which meant outside the crowds.  I was still able to get a good view of the opening ceremonies though...

8878259302_a912fdd2fa_b.jpg

There was a quick intro announcing the special event and an appearance by Sully and Mike before the usual morning train "Good Morning" ceremony took place...

8878257058_13e169d204.jpg

8878256032_ca9c98af5a_b.jpg

8878252124_84996579cd_b.jpg

I still had my paper AP, but by the time we were ready to go through the turnstiles the crowd had cleared out from in front of the train station and it was pretty much smooth sailing through.

Dawn on Main Street...

8877631971_c3926d3d9e_z.jpg

Still to come...

- might as well go to Space first thing in the morning

- morning "commute" on the speedway

- silly spinners sitting on their hands