Fa-Tang! - This Trip Report Brought to You By the Letter 12

I am going to give you one more mini post today while I wait for the camera pics to upload.  In just four hours, we were up though not necessarily awake.  The Baby was grumbling about rebelling and staying in bed, i was trying to make sure I didn't forget anything in the guest house, and Monique was at the door ready for us to get in the car -

The Baby aka Nicole -

984277_146091895577427_1548089706_n.jpg

Me and Mo being photobombed (she must have studied Kahhhhlla from WWW)-

944367_146092168910733_1979746512_n.jpg

Nicole decided that Mo might forget where her office was so she made her a few signs-

308461_146141618905788_1739352713_n.jpg

I decided that Mo needed more children's art work on her walls -

263302_146141465572470_1707912626_n.jpg

Perhaps tomorrow Mo can get the rest of our redecoration skills in photo evidence.  We acted like children.  We shot people with nerf guns, drew on chaulk boards and white boards.  I surfed.  Nicole organized.  Mo, tell John we said hi!  That's all I can add today until the photos upload....

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok.  Since I know I love Nicki... and I know that I love MO... and anyone who calls herself Turkey Pants and is related to MO just has to be loveable....   I will gladly add my Hong Kong Phooeyesque  

I have a picture in my head of WWW and a 24-hour MK colliding.  :partythree:  :panic:  :pope:

OMG I love how you think and well... just you in general.  Both of you.  :heartsmiley:   Seriously folks, only do crazy things like this with people you truly adore or you will probably end up killing

Ok I'm gonna back this TR up a bit to how this insanity all started in the first place...

On the evening of April 25th, Disney announced the 24 hour Monstrous Summer kickoff at a special press event.  I happened to catch the notice shortly after it happened, and I admit that before I powered down the laptop for the night, I did a little poking around the Southwest site to see what airfare was running.  Then I chuckled to myself and went to bed.

On the morning of April 26, Turkey Pants tags me in a post on FB first thing in the morning saying essentially "ARE WE DOING THIS?!?!"

Cut to 3 hours later and the 2 of us had booked airfare and were working on getting a room at POP Century, after abandoning our initial TRULY insane plan of staying at the Fort in a rented tent (thanks to Dave and Schmuck Face aka, the voices of reason... go figure!)

The primary deciding factor for me in even considering this trip was the fact that I was still sitting on an AP and a sizable credit with Southwest that brought my airfare down to $57.  Throw in Nicole (and her DH) offering to pay for my share of the room as my birthday present and...

I WAS GOING TO WDW FOR $57 TO SPEND 24 HOURS IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM!

Somewhere, somehow in the middle of all this, we managed to snare Nicki in the insane butterfly net that was our hairbrained idea.

As it happened, she was going to need to be in this part of the world for meetings her DH had for work very close to this time.  That was going to put her only about 4 hours away from us, hmmmm.....

If only Nicki could find a campground somewhere near Nicole or I... we could then all take advantage of the cheap airfare from MHT to MCO and increase our insane little party by one.  hmmmm....

There was one little hiccup in this potential kidnapping - Memorial Day Weekend. 

Finding a last minute, decent campsite in New England on the summer kickoff holiday weekend is a challenge to say the least.  But apparently one Nicki was up to, as about a week later, she too booked her Southwest flight and our insane little posse was now 3!

Then the planning began in earnest... after all, there was never a question that we were spending the entire 24 hours in the Magic Kingdom.  For us there was no point in flying all the way down for this otherwise.  We knew it would be hot, crowded, Hot, busy and H-O-T, so we spent an inordinate amount of time 1) finding the right bag that was not too big to carry but not to small to carry 24 hours worth of stuff in it 2) figuring out what shoes to wear - HELLOOOOO 24 HOURS!!! and 3) jumping up and down giggling about this ridiculous plan of ours.

The plans were finalized and consisted of N&N coming to my house Wednesday night for dinner and a sleepover (well, SOME of us slept - apparently the 2 Nicoles decided to stay up yakking more than half the night). They would then come to work with me Thursday morning, as my office is actually at the Manchester airport and short walk to the terminal, so we could leave the car there. 

Oddly enough, amid all the artwork, nerf gun fights, and general shenanigans (the people I work with now want to invite Nx2 to our next office party), I actually did finish up the work I had to do and we headed to the terminal a little after noon to grab some lunch and wait for our flight.

And there you have it.  How one little FB message turned into a mission of epic, ridiculous and insane proportions.  I will now return you to your regularly scheduled trip report...

P.S. Oh yes, and I really did approve that first photo, horrifying as it is (LOL).  As Nicki mentioned, I am a northern girl - born and raised.  I walk around in a sweatshirt in the dead of winter and I melt when temperatures hit 80 for more than 5 minutes.  When we decided we were actually doing this crazy thing - and me being in FL in late May was actually far more crazy an idea than spending 24 hours in MK - I warned N&N that I was going to be "melty" at best and that this was NOT going to be pretty. 

But hey - last I checked this was a mission of epic proportions and not a fashion show so....

8)

Oddly enough, amid all the artwork, nerf gun fights, and general shenanigans (the people I work with now want to invite Nx2 to our next office party), I actually did finish up the work I had to do and we headed to the terminal a little after noon to grab some lunch and wait for our flight.

Party at Mo's office again..... Fist's Up!!  Fa-Tang!!!

P.S. Oh yes, and I really did approve that first photo, horrifying as it is (LOL).  As Nicki mentioned, I am a northern girl - born and raised.  I walk around in a sweatshirt in the dead of winter and I melt when temperatures hit 80 for more than 5 minutes.  When we decided we were actually doing this crazy thing - and me being in FL in late May was actually far more crazy an idea than spending 24 hours in MK - I warned N&N that I was going to be "melty" at best and that this was NOT going to be pretty. 

8)

Not only did she pick the picture she gave me 50% of the text too.... 

Hey Dave, you and I, voices of reason, I bet you don't hear that too often. I know I don't.

that is just scary..

Hey, I think you're right, but I'm only a part time, time traveler. Is that even feasible?

Sure it's feasible and as a part time, time traveler that would explain why you don't have the time travel jargon down. However, we would need a full time, time traveler to double check our technical facts...

By the way, where did you put the flux/flex capacitor on the bus?  How many of those sardine packed people have been on an unexpected trip.....

The flux, I'm going with that, capacitor is next to the doforlater. 

I haven't taken any sardines for an unexpected trip for over 4-1/2 years, but TJ will.