Fa-Tang! - This Trip Report Brought to You By the Letter 12

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok.  Since I know I love Nicki... and I know that I love MO... and anyone who calls herself Turkey Pants and is related to MO just has to be loveable....   I will gladly add my Hong Kong Phooeyesque  

I have a picture in my head of WWW and a 24-hour MK colliding.  :partythree:  :panic:  :pope:

OMG I love how you think and well... just you in general.  Both of you.  :heartsmiley:   Seriously folks, only do crazy things like this with people you truly adore or you will probably end up killing

I think we should start lobbying Disney now to make sure the next 24 hour marathon is on a non-GG weekend so ALLLLL the Wild Womenz can be there!!

Well, at least all the ones as crazy as the Theme Park Warriors™ -- ARMS UP!!

Sounds good to me!! :rollercoaster:

Hi Kimmie!!  :heartsmiley:

I think we should start lobbying Disney now to make sure the next 24 hour marathon is on a non-GG weekend so ALLLLL the Wild Womenz can be there!!

Well, at least all the ones as crazy as the Theme Park Warriors™ -- ARMS UP!!

Fist in the air! Sitting on Go!  Ready Freddy!  

You get the idea.  ;D  

Ok enough slacking.  Since it's still 4 million degrees out here and it's relatively cool here on my couch...

A few more pics of dawn in the Magic Kingdom

8877622129_e7df366d57_b.jpg

8877616499_a0e85a1190_b.jpg

Rockets Away!!

8877608979_2d4b0bddd2_c.jpg

All the concentrating Nicole did on Buzz here served her well about 20 hours later

8878222960_fa344405cc_c.jpg

However Nicki kicked our butts this time around

8861084936_40a3feb0c0_b.jpg

Fear not, Space Rangers, we survived the battle with Zurg to return to fight another day

8860455395_c499473e95_b.jpg

Since crowds were still pretty much nonexistent, we decided it would be a good idea to check off a lot of the more popular Fantasyland attractions early.  So after the spinning fools had their fill...

No wait for Barnstormer

8878221890_8b94be1f2e_b.jpg

We commented that Barnstormer would be a pretty sweet little coaster if it took longer than 28 seconds to ride it

8861028166_4004e5497c_b.jpg

Have we mentioned that it was hot?  Have I mentioned that my goal for the day was to keep every bit of hair from touching my neck/face?

Well that wasn't always pretty OR easy...

8861020284_353014f08e_c.jpg

Next up - DUMBO!

8860377797_435a4a42bf_b.jpg

8860395279_7a37b13d0d_b.jpg

8877602345_ef85f69d94_b.jpg

8861015904_99d9592a22_b.jpg

Ooooh pretty!!

8860374531_8f3579563b_b.jpg

Next up in the series of silly selfies...

8860360305_a345e62479_o.jpg

Next up...

8860343957_f2f953f895_b.jpg

Yes folks, that's a 5 minute wait for Winnie the Pooh while the sun is up.

There's definitely something to this "get there early" thing!  8)

This photo just came out like Pooh

8877601019_a4b9298562_c.jpg

And this... well this is the face you get after the Heffalump acid trip portion of the ride

8860959984_e9061cf409_c.jpg

Now that we'd had our fill of Pooh, Belle was up next.  I'd never done this as the line has always been at least 45 minutes.  This morning it was about 15.  But the line itself was entertaining...

Mom to wailing-like-a-banshee child "please cry quietly" :rofl2:

Then there was the young guy in front of us discussing his recent hair cut with his girlfriend as the 3 of us tried not to stare at the copious amounts of hair coming up out of the top of his shirt.  :bugeyes:

I'd already broken out the neck wrap thingys I brought that are supposed to help keep you cool.  They've got gel beads in them that expand when you wet them.  They actually worked ...ok, but you had to keep wetting them down.  Of course first you had to decide where to wear them...

8860926000_76fa66c5cd_b.jpg

Before long we were immersed in the world of Belle.

8877597025_5410dc4822_b.jpg

8878212094_79d9544d04_b.jpg

8878210914_4c1099a057_b.jpg

8877591973_f96ffbbb41_b.jpg

The show was very cute and the kids were adorable.  Belle was very good with them and not too over-the-top.

With Belle checked off, you can guess where we were headed next.  But first a quick construction update...

8877590791_5595628f5f_b.jpg

Next up...

How many monkey butts does under the sea really suck?

What the Fort, Peter Pan? ...aka our first FastPass of the day

How Nicki survives IASW

Can't wait to see if you accomplish your goal!

The suspense is killing me!

Oh wait... I was there.

In that case you'll just have to wait and see!!  8)

This is an excellent trip report! Very entertaining! More, please!

Thanks Norm!  Troll endorsement of a trip report is high praise indeed.

And fear not - I think we're still only up to about 9am so there is P-L-E-N-T-Y more to come.

Some Random Photos & How Nicki Survived Those Annoying Song Rides (IASW & CoP)

The view of Beast's Castle from the Acid Trip Exit-

8860326427_d6beb1a377_b.jpg

This is how you make fake rock?
8860445065_d2ca396da2_b.jpg

Hmmm.... where did I take this picture?
8860333725_4e6c098541_b.jpg

Now back to our timeline, it's 8:58am and time to see just how many MB it S.

8860300381_088cd8ede3_b.jpg

Apparently so many that this is the only picture I took.  We next headed into Old Fantasyland to check out the rides there.  Peter already had a 40 plus minute wait to ride him so we grabbed FP.  Yes, folks we had ridden Dumbo, Space Mountain, Stinkfest, Goofy, and Buzz as walk ons... but Peter, not so much.

Now off to ride the infernal IASW-
8860297083_c1182f1ccf_b.jpg

Crazy People enjoying it -
8860294381_0d754674ab_b.jpg

But I survived with a little planning.  You see I knew a few things going in and one of those is that CoP is wonderful for a nap... if you can manage to actually fall asleep.  I knew that the song would get lodged into my head and I would drive us all bonkers singing it so I needed a way to counter this problem as well as the other annoying song rides.  My solution - Ear Buds and in IASW's case-

8860897034_05c7dd1426_b.jpg

Not so funnily enough the last room is sooooo loud that I could have busted my ears trying to drown out the music but for most of the ride I just iPhoned my way through the ride watching the crazy aliens dance to whatever music played on my phone.

It was now time to check and see if Lou had filled the last spot in HM.

8860284881_c4d46e9be8_b.jpg

Non Flash Photography-
8869196320_9c420efa8d_b.jpg

I seriously dont' want to get on her bad side -
8869179160_7282b551d6_b.jpg

At this point, I think we went back to cash in those Peter Pan Fast Passes but I have no photo proof of such.  Perhaps Mo does.  Or perhaps we rode it after IASW...

Time is now 10:20ish.  We had made a few ADRs to CYA. However, we found that we were starving about 3 hours prior to the first one.  No problem, Nicole pulled up the MyDisney app and found one for just 30 minutes away.  Mo canceled the later one and we start meandering towards Liberty Tavern.

Once inside the priority is electronics.  Thanks to Mo, this is how you keep a cell phone charged so you can posty post post.
8868559775_b13019b352_b.jpg

Dave.. you have been so patient.  Here is your reward - Pood Forn
8869161002_913c8ec94a_b.jpg

8868534053_8148092e3a_b.jpg

8869135472_be3f529ff7_b.jpg

That brings us to 12pm, six hours into our 24, and a natural place to stop this update.

Next Up -
Nicole's Long Wait
Mo gets an unwanted back massage
Everyone get a bit Melty
Mo Get's Spritzy

That burger looks tasty.  But since I can have nothing but clear liquids today (you are all either old enough to know why or smart enough to figure out why) I must look away.  So accordingly...and against every fiber of my being....I ask for a 24 hour moratorium against pood forn.  :gaah:

It just isn't your year so far is it.  Yeah I know why and I send some sympathy your way.  I watched my Mother drink that stuff for many a year...

Ooh Dave... hoping by the time you read this your ordeal will be done.

Backtracking a tick...

I won't repost the pood forn pics, but I will add some commentary on the steak salad I had.  Not sure what they were calling it, but it was a lunch special that day.  It was a roulade of (I think) flank steak stuffed with spinach, red peppers and I think some kind of cheese, over an arugula salad.  The steak was cooked to a very nice medium rare and was tender and delicious.  As Disney tends to do, they drowned the salad a bit (forgot to ask for dressing on the side) but it was very tasty.  Oh and I also had an order of those oh-so-tasty steak fries as my appetizer.  8)

As for the order of things...

I believe we went back for our PP FPs after HM, which would have put us in this window...

8877588729_dd259eba9b_c.jpg

According to the FP, we got it at 9:15 a.m., just before heading here...

8877587409_0a23428d0b_b.jpg

We all be-bopped along to the music... well Nicki was listening to different music.

Have to say she perked up at this part

8877585791_ca10a58ea7_z.jpg

We then continued on our restroom tour of MK with my first trip to the new Tangled area

8878202196_3b335dfbd6_b.jpg

8877583009_6ec280a3f8_c.jpg

It really is a lovely area, and I still think it's a shame there really isn't anything going on here.  While it's nice that there's seating, as it's a pretty place to hang out, without any real shade we pretty much just moved on through.

Onto the mansion to visit a few of the (still) dearly departed

8878199048_0cbfd0ae51_b.jpg

A brief halt in our ghostly journey and OOPS -- I forgot to turn off my flash!

8877580009_7603504fbc_b.jpg

As Nicki mentioned, we decided to shuffle our lunch plans because our cream cheese pretzels didn't go as far as we'd hoped.  So to tide us over, we stopped by the fruit cart in Liberty Square for the first bottle of water of the day and a quick snack.

Because of the heat and duration of our stay, we all tried to make sure we drank plenty of water.  Later on we started buying Smart water and asking for cups of ice to fill our bottles.  I didn't count, but I'd say in the course of the daytime hours we probably each had at least 4-5 big bottles of water. Of course aside from keeping us on our feet, this also aided us in our unintentional goal of visiting almost every restroom in MK too.  :rofl2:

But hey, speaking of...

I know that the reports are they closed the MK parking lot twice that day, but inside the park really didn't reflect that. Other than my subjective opinion, the way I can prove that is very simple.

There were no lines for any of the ladies rooms!

For you Fiend Womenz out there, you know that the true sign of a crazycrowded park is when you need a FP for the restroom because the line is out the door.   8)

Ok back to our mission...

By the time we finished HM, our snack, and going back for Peter Pan, it was pretty much time for lunch.  We checked in a bit early at Liberty Tree, but that was ok because we were able to wait inside where it was cool. 

We were seated in a back corner of the Betsy Ross room, which had the added perk of having the outlet nearby that Nicki posted a photo of above.  We knew that if we were going to take photos and post a bunch that day, recharging was going to be necessary.  I brought a 3 prong plug and we all brought our chargers.  Ultimately we only ended up plugging in twice - once here at LT during lunch, and then again later on at Cosmic Rays.  Bonus to being on a mission like this... you find out the locations of lots of accessible plugs!

After lunch we headed to Frontierland.  As it was now the middle of the day, and hotHotHOT, we decided a little wash and dry (Splash & Big Thunder) would be welcome.  Well...

Here's where our good luck ran out in the "no lines no waiting" department.  Nicki and I decided we would FP BTMRR and ride Splash.  Nicole would, well... try and find a cool place to hang out for a bit.  I think the Splash wait time was around 30 minutes but that ended up being a big fat lie due to about a 20-30 minute breakdown while we were in line.  Luckily we were already inside where it was nice and cool, but as it turned out poor Nicole was having some trouble finding a/c in that part of the world.  Instead she encountered a delightful Guest meltdown in the gift shop (managers had to be called) while I was having my own fun time dealing with Guests with personal space issues.

Thankfully the texting back and forth kept us all entertained.  Nicole gave us the blow-by-blow on the guest that flipped out when the CM behind the register asked him for an ID with his credit card.  I gave her the, um, bump-by-bump on the woman behind me that seemed intent on willing the line to move by nudging me with her ample bosom.  The texts to Nicole went like this...

The lady behind me has personal space issues. I am now on a first name basis with her boobs.

They are called Fred and George.

She is from England.

I think she is a muggle.

After several more "how much longer?!?!" texts, finally...

8877576989_a3bda2e6a8_b.jpg

Honestly, for as wet as some of the people were coming off, we didn't get all that soaked.  I actually got wetter from the splash leading up to the first drop.

We scooped up the puddle of Nicole and hit BTMRR just in time for our FPs.  With very little wait we rode...

POSSUM!!

Now that we were all sufficiently hot and melty, and the crowds in this cramped corner of the park had become ridiculous as they tend to when it's even a little busy, there was only one place to head next...

8877575681_2d6b25350c_z.jpg

Yes folks, it was time for the first Dole Whip of the day!

Here's a little tip if you head to Aloha Isle on a busy day...

If you're coming from the Adventureland/Frontierland side, do NOT get in the first line you see.  Go around the building to the line near the Pixie meet and greet.  I have no idea why, but that has always been shorter every time we've been.

Of course today "shorter" was only relative as it was still quite long.  We parked Nicole in the shade as she really was about to turn into a puddle, and Nicki and I hopped in line.  We were in the sun a part of the time and this was the one time all day when I really felt how hot it was.  I could actually feel the heat coming up from the pavement through my shoes, which also felt like they were just going to melt out from under me.

But good things come to those who wait...

8877572969_d388a563a3_c.jpg

We found a table in the shade near Tortuga Tavern and pretty much chugged our frosty treats.  Ahhhh!!!

Still to come...

- $17 for a stinkin' water bottle with a fan on it???  Yes Please!!

- Who knew the train was so awesome?

- Hall of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz