Hi All!

I am new to Fort Fiends but we love Disney and a big part of the motivation for buying our MH was to come to the Fort. I anticipate an Annual Pass and many visits in the future!

My question is this: I see that "utility style" golf carts are not allowed. We have and EZGO MPT 1000, it's an electric cart post-9475-0-15068300-1370055007_thumb.jp with a dump bed. Would they allow us to use this?

I have seen in several posts that the Fort can be lax on their own rules sometimes. Is this one of those areas?

Thanks,

Neil

Personally, if you ride it respectfully and responsibly around the Fort you should be fine. Technically, it is probably against the rules, but especially since it's electric, you should have no problems.  I've seen some gas powered Gators running around there that were really annoying.  The only cart I've heard that the Fort made the folks quit riding around was a ridiculously high lifted cart., and I mean lifted several feet!

Although, since you have two little kids, how useful could a 2-seater cart be for you?  I think they might say something if the kids were in the utility bed

They girls do like to ride in the back on a blanket, I was wondering if that would be an issue.

Personally, I think they are more secure that way than in an open seat facing the rear but if it was a problem one can ride in my wife's lap and one in the middle. We have done that a good bit.

I have been trying to find a back seat kit that will fit this model but as of yet I've been unable to do so.....

:welcome:

I agree with Carol. 

The only thing I can see Disney having a problem with is no seat in the back, especially with kids sitting there - but again, if you're not whizzing around willy nilly, or in places you don't belong, you *might* be ok.

Just be prepared for the fact that on any given hour of any given day you might run into that one ranger that decides he's bored and wants to pull a rule book out of his pocket.  Seems that's just how it goes...  :-

ETA: just took a look at the Golf Cart Rules and it says "Every passenger must sit in a seat. No standing."

It doesn't specifically address that there need to be actual seats for everyone.

We have a 4 seater and my husband found a way to secure our children's adult size car seats as well as a baby seat (when needed) to the back 2 seats.  The two riding there are safe.  I am the one who fell our (from the front seat) on 12/24/2010 and broke my arm and spent Christmas in the hospital.  If I have the opportunity to ride in the back now I make sure I am securely in place before the cart moves.  :jumpforjoy   Usually I ride in the front with DH and our son (almost 17 and special needs) rides between us.  Our son calls it looping when we are riding around the campground. 

Welcome to this fun, loving and crazy group.   :welcome:   :welcrowd:

I have to say it ticks me off when I see the John Deere gators, Polaris rangers or Yamaha rhinos driving around the fort and not being asked to park them. The guard shack and or check-in should tell them right off the bat when they see them that they are not allowed. I guess it pisses me off because I really wanted to buy a rhino vs. a golf cart but didn't want to end up busted and waste my money if we could not bring it. Would it be that hard for the fort to have a monthly or quarterly staff meeting and tell the employees to enforce the rules? Being a director/GM myself, I am big on rules and being consistent with everyone. It's not rocket science and you will actually get more respect in the long run. As others have said, it all matters who you speak to at Disney when it comes to rules

The guard shack and or check-in should tell them right off the bat when they see them that they are not allowed. 

Guard Shack and Check-in, you're under the misconception that Security and the Fort's Front Office have something to do with controlling what goes on at the Fort, they don't.

Security's duties begin and end at the guard shack, nothing more, unless they are called in for a certain situation. They are not Fort CMs. and have no clue what's going on at the Fort. They are contracted by the Fort, just like most of the other services at the Fort, including Transportation.

The front office checks you in and checks you out. They have nothing to do with the sites once you're checked in. When you call the front office with a request or complaint regarding something in the loops, they pass it off to the Housekeeping department and they are the ones that handle it.They are responsible for overseeing what is and is not allowed to go on in the loops, pools, and roads.

And the person heading up that incompetent department is a moron named Sam Gates. But you'll probably never see him or be able to contact him as he's too busy sticking his nose up Doug Lord's, the Wilderness Region's GM, butt. The persons that you're more likely to run into is one of his four flunkies, Doug, David, Juan, and Hampton, the four stooges. They are nice enough guys and will tell you what you want to hear, but it's the head idiot, Sam Gates, that calls the shots.

Man, I sure wish we could get Lou to share an unvarnished opinion! LOL

I'll bet a pizza that this is the first time the word "unvarnished" has ever been used here.

Excuse me while I look up what it actually means. Who knows, it might be something nice.

my former cart was an ezgo with the box but i changed it for a rear seat with seat belts for the kids total cost for the seat kit was $350.00 and the seat belt kit with 2 seat belts was less than $25.00. The total time to change over was just over 1 1/2 hours from box to seat. The seat was a fold down style and the box fits on the folded over seat with 2 bolts to hold the box to the seat when I needed it. Now it only takes about 5 minutes to install the box .

here is the seat i used.

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf-cart/flip-flop-seat-white-e-z-go-rxv-2008-up/17758

the seat belt were from ebay I think rons site eastcoastgolfcarts

https://www.eastcoastcarts.com/catalog/EastCoastCustomCarts/searchresults.htm

I saw a cart at the Fort that WAS a regular 4 seater, but they had it changed to the rear seat being converted to 2 long seats sideways across from each other, thereby allowing 4 in the back.  Of course your knees would be about touching each other but you could make it work.  Thought that was interesting.