Giddy Up & Go Breakfast Cobbler

editedGiddyUp&GoBreakfastCobbler+015.jpg

It's probably apparent that my little cowboys helped name this breakfast casserole.  In it, I use a spicy sausage, that will most definitely put a spring in your step to start your day! If you prefer a more gentle awakening, you can, of course, substitute the same amount with a milder breakfast sausage.  I've made this dish using all eggs, and also a mixture of  whole eggs and egg substitute, with equally delicious results.  All the things you love for breakfast, served in a casserole.

You'll need:

1 lb spicy sausage, cooked & crumbled

8 frozen buttermilk biscuits, thawed

2 cups egg whites plus 4 large eggs or 12 large eggs

1/3 cup half & half

1 Tbsp chopped chives

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp black pepper [or to taste]

1/2 tsp ground mustard

1/4 tsp garlic powder

2 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese, divided

2 Tbsp butter

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375°F.  Spray a 8 x 12 inch baking dish with butter cooking spray.  Cook and crumble the sausage.  Darin well, then set aside to cool slightly. 

Giddy+Up+&+Go+Breakfast+Cobbler+009.JPG

Quarter the biscuits.

Giddy+Up+&+Go+Breakfast+Cobbler+005.JPG

Whisk together, the eggs, half & half and seasonings.  Add the chopped chives.

Giddy+Up+&+Go+Breakfast+Cobbler+002.JPG

Arrange the biscuit quarters in the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese.  Layer the cooked sausage on top. 

007RetakeGiddyUp&GoBreakfastCobbler+007.

Pour the egg mixture evenly over all.  Top with the remaining shredded cheese and dot with butter or margarine.

009RetakeGiddyUp&GoBreakfastCobbler+009.

Place into the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until puffy and golden.  Test the center with a toothpick checking for moist crumbs before removing from the oven.  Rest for 5 minutes then cut and serve. Yield: 8-10 servings

Cook's note:

This recipe can be easily halved for a smaller portion.

http://melissassouthernstylekitchen.blogspot.com/2012/10/giddy-up-go-breakfast-cobbler.html

• 4 months later...

Jen, can you repost this w/o the pics? I keep recipes on my kindle as screen shots, but I can't fit this one and it won't let me cut the pics. I'd love to try this.

It's probably apparent that my little cowboys helped name this breakfast casserole.  In it, I use a spicy sausage, that will most definitely put a spring in your step to start your day! If you prefer a more gentle awakening, you can, of course, substitute the same amount with a milder breakfast sausage.  I've made this dish using all eggs, and also a mixture of  whole eggs and egg substitute, with equally delicious results.  All the things you love for breakfast, served in a casserole.

You'll need:

1 lb spicy sausage, cooked & crumbled

8 frozen buttermilk biscuits, thawed

2 cups egg whites plus 4 large eggs or 12 large eggs

1/3 cup half & half

1 Tbsp chopped chives

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp black pepper [or to taste]

1/2 tsp ground mustard

1/4 tsp garlic powder

2 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese, divided

2 Tbsp butter

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375°F.  Spray a 8 x 12 inch baking dish with butter cooking spray.  Cook and crumble the sausage.  Darin well, then set aside to cool slightly. 

Quarter the biscuits.

Whisk together, the eggs, half & half and seasonings.  Add the chopped chives.

Arrange the biscuit quarters in the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese.  Layer the cooked sausage on top. 

Pour the egg mixture evenly over all.  Top with the remaining shredded cheese and dot with butter or margarine.

Place into the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until puffy and golden.  Test the center with a toothpick checking for moist crumbs before removing from the oven.  Rest for 5 minutes then cut and serve. Yield: 8-10 servings

Cook's note:

This recipe can be easily halved for a smaller portion.

http://melissassouthernstylekitchen.blogspot.com/2012/10/giddy-up-go-breakfast-cobbler.html

Not Jen but there you go