OT: Transformers 3D Ride at Universal

Throw in the lengthy list of new attractions opening there starting with this one and all the Simpson's stuff, all the way through to the Harry Potter expansion... that's a lot of cool stuff!

We're probably building a couple of days at UO into our trip next year - after all that cool stuff is finished.  :)

Im waiting for the hype to die down and the tourist season to end to go try this out. No need to fight the crowds just yet.

I have always liked the rides at Universal but hate the service and upkeep of the park. I like Disney for the theming and service. Two separate experiences.  

Wow.

So you think that is cooler than a Stormtrooper shooting a flare gun at a gift shop roof?

Were those jets the USAF Thunderbirds?

TCD

Ummm, slightly. Disney could have done so much more with SWW. They failed slightly and hope they up their game in the future.

And, a flying dragon kite that guests were not even allowed to see compared to explosions, jets, AND optimus prime and bumblebee.....yeh, win for Universal in grand openings.

They were not military jets. They are a private organization that does stunt flying for air shows. You may have seen them before it you have ever gone to an airshow.

The Thunderbirds are F16 fighter jets.

2013-03-01T173536Z_01_WAS105_RTRIDSP_3_U

The planes in the video are the Black Diamond Jet Team based out of Lakeland, FL.

The planes are L39s

dsc_2725acr107.jpg

They also have Mig 17s

nqjw31aeo0yn7oxnzh9s.jpg

Ummm, slightly. Disney could have done so much more with SWW. They failed slightly and hope they up their game in the future.

And, a flying dragon kite that guests were not even allowed to see compared to explosions, jets, AND optimus prime and bumblebee.....yeh, win for Universal in grand openings.

They were not military jets. They are a private organization that does stunt flying for air shows. You may have seen them before it you have ever gone to an airshow.

2013-03-01T173536Z_01_WAS105_RTRIDSP_3_U

The planes in the video are the Black Diamond Jet Team based out of Lakeland, FL.

The planes are L39s

dsc_2725acr107.jpg

They also have Mig 17s

nqjw31aeo0yn7oxnzh9s.jpg

Thanks, Dave!

I knew that they weren't the Blue Angels, but I haven't seen the Thunderbirds in a while, so I thought maybe they had new jets or something.  I really didn't think they would perform in something like this, but who knows?

I haven't heard of the group from Lakeland.  That's cool that they have MiG's.

TCD

The planes are L39s

They also have Mig 17s

For some reason, Dave seems to know a lot about planes.

Thanks, Dave!

I knew that they weren't the Blue Angels, but I haven't seen the Thunderbirds in a while, so I thought maybe they had new jets or something.  I really didn't think they would perform in something like this, but who knows?

I haven't heard of the group from Lakeland.  That's cool that they have MiG's.

TCD

With the budget cuts and all, military performance teams have all been grounded for the rest of the year. So it would not have been one of them. They have also cancelled all fly bys for things like sporting events.

The Black Diamond team is actually pretty good. They moved to Lakeland from PA not long ago and changed their name from the Heavy Metal Jet Team to what it is now. They used to be sponsored by Citibank. They don't get as many gigs as some of the other performance teams out there, but they are starting to get their name out there.

For some reason, Dave seems to know a lot about planes.

And you know allot about buses.

Planes have always been a hobby of mine. One of my biggest regrets is not finishing my pilots license training. I may still, one day. But for now, its too costly and not an expense we are willing to take on.

I grew up not far from an AF base (go figure) and my passion began when I was playing in the back yard and a fighter jet (an F4 to be exact) did a low level fly by over our house. It was so low I remember seeing the pilot wave to me. Ever since then, I have been interested in flight. That kind of drove my decision to join the AF.

Is that same for you and busses?

I kept hoping for a transformation as well. 

I am not thrilled with a reboot of a series that is doing well. I liked Bumblebee as he was in the last 3. the new one does nothing for me. And prime's change was just a token change for change sake. 

Im not a fan of 3s or 4s of movies. There are very few that live up to the original. This seems like one of them that wont. They are changing things that do not need changing and cast isn't even the same. I will probably still see it as I like the other movies, but this one may have run its course.

Uhh, no. I didn't drive a bus until my first day of training at WDW five years ago next month.

I piloted drafting boards and then computers for 45 years.

You just seem to know allot about buses. I figured you had an obsession with them. You know, as a kid you watched buses drive by and you would envision yourself piloting one one day.

Adam and I just watched the ride on video, it looks freaking amazing! (Per Adam too scary lol) why, why can't Disney give us one ride that awesome?!? Just one!

Adam was disappointed they didn't transform also. They now have a kids show called Rescue Bots and it is a cartoon with Bumble Bee, Optimus prime and a few others (I think just made for the cartoon) so transformers are huge in this house.

I was too busy being chased by the police.

Maybe the wanted you to drive this for them

2477680084_6b165e5a83.jpg

Or did you mean the band? Why would they chase you? Were they looking for a new guitarist?

Adam and I just watched the ride on video, it looks freaking amazing! (Per Adam too scary lol) why, why can't Disney give us one ride that awesome?!? Just one!

Adam was disappointed they didn't transform also. They now have a kids show called Rescue Bots and it is a cartoon with Bumble Bee, Optimus prime and a few others (I think just made for the cartoon) so transformers are huge in this house.

You made me go look. Its very Spidermanish. Which isn't totally bad. But I was hoping there was more too it than just a rehashed experience. I will still ride it and not pass judgment until I do, but it looks like a one trick pony with a facelift.  

Maybe they wanted you to drive this for them

No, they wanted to drive me somewhere, the local police station.

Or did you mean the band? 

The band, the Police, was way past my childhood.

Why would they chase you?

It use to be called "juvenile delinquency". I know, you're shocked. Whatever happened to that term.