As we all know, getting reservations at the Fort for Christmas is a difficult task.  As soon as the dates became available, I made our reservation for Dec. 22 - Dec 29.  A while later we then made a second reservation for the 29th - Jan 1st.  Given this I have a couple of questions.

1.  Both reservations are for the same kind of site (Premium).  Is there a chance they'll make us move on the 29th?

2.  Is it simple to call them and combine 2 reservations into one?

I also plan to add a couple of more days in January when they open up.

You just need to have them linked and note that they're connecting reservations. We do it all the time. Since they're both Premium the chances you'd have to move are very slim. I'd venture to say non-existent even if you make sure to remind them when you check in the first time. It's easier to note a continuing res than it is to combine them into one b/c the dates would have to be avail at the same rate, then one modified, and one cancelled.

They will not combine them into one, BUT call them and give the reservation agent both reservation numbers and have them linked as continuing reservations..... also request at that time to stay in the same site.  I have had continuing reservations several times over the years for various reasons and have NEVER had to change sites.

Actually, over the phone, you can book 499 days out.  However, the deposit you will be charged will be at this years highest rate! Then the balance will be adjusted to the actual rates once published.

Last year, I believe 2013 rates came out in late July.

That would be my guess but we can never be certain. My suggestion would be to call and ask them to modify the last instead of making a new res. Often that'll open things up. Failing that, maybe check it a couple of times a week in the mornings to see when the rates open up. If you'd like help with it, feel free to drop me a note...

We've had several pieced together reservations over the years.  We've always been told there's a chance you'll have to move, but we've never had to.

Although we *almost* had to last year.  We went up to the Outpost to check out/check back in and get our new KTTW cards and the CM told us we were being moved to another site.  What the Fort?!

Before we could even ask she said "hang on" and went out back.  10 somewhat tense minutes later she returned and said we were all set.

Whew!  :)

I'll have to try calling. I used the website and it won't let you pick January yet.

Why don't you let one of our Travel Agents do all that work? Doesn't cost you anything. They can get the ressies, have them linked and add the extra days when they are available. You can have your current reservtions transfered to them to handle for you as well.

Why don't you let one of our Travel Agents do all that work? Doesn't cost you anything. They can get the ressies, have them linked and add the extra days when they are available. You can have your current reservtions transfered to them to handle for you as well.

Totally agree, let someone else deal with it!