The Many Adventures of PixieB

Disney Social Media Moms – On the Road Seattle

If you’ve never heard of Disney Social Media Moms or seen #DisneySMMoms, it’s a yearly event where the top 150 mommy-bloggers are invited to Disney.  The celebration is three days long and includes the entire family.  We’re talking celebrities, back stage events, and the overall VIP treatment.  Amazing.  The type of event that any of us would probably give a limb to attend!  Anyways, a few months ago I was drooling over some of the pictures, and I noticed a mention that Disney Social Media Moms was taking it “On the Road” and would do half-day events in four cities this summer.  One of those cities was Seattle.  I was all over it like white on rice! Like really, where do I sign up?! There was a form you could fill out to have your blog considered.  My fingers couldn’t type fast enough!

My blog definitely isn’t in the upper tier.  So, I wasn’t expecting a response.  But a few weeks later I received an email inviting me to the Disney Social Media Moms- On the Road Celebration- Seattle.  I think there were heart palpitations!

DisneySMMC_OnTheRoad.jpg

In the weeks leading to the event I tried to connect with as many of the other bloggers as possible.  Surprisingly there were very few Disney bloggers.  Most of the moms blogged about a range of topics like fashion, fitness or family.

June 27th

The celebration was held at The Sheraton Bellevue, and started at 7:30 am.  I live a stone's throw away.  Shouldn’t be a problem, right?

0322.jpg

But, I knew this was going to be the deal.  So, I left the house at 6:35, and arrived just a few minutes early.

Most of the moms were corralled in a hallway outside the ballroom. 

0332.jpg

We were welcomed and given name tags and swag bags.  Awesome.  If you wanted to know I got a Snow White Tee that said “I have Seven Followers”, and a really nice media case for the car.

photo-5-300x225.jpg

0372.jpg

0352.jpg

Breakfast was served quickly, and I got to know some of my tablemates.

0442.jpg

0432.jpg

It was actually really good!

There was a really cute Monster’s Inc plush on each table.  Here was ours-

0392.jpg

0412.jpg

The first speaker was Michelle Himmelberg, PR director for Disneyland-

0452.jpg

(sorry, I was pretty far back for good pics)

Michelle had a really interesting story about the beginning of her career as a sports writer.  I really admired her tenacity.  She’ll be featured in an upcoming ESPN documentary “Let Them Wear Towels”.

Next was Erin Glover, lead blogger for Disneyland and Aulani on The Disney Parks Blog.

048-1.jpg

She went over all of the latest park updates for Disneyland and Disney World.

Mindee Doney was the keynote speaker.  She is the creator of Boogie Wipes.

0502.jpg

0512.jpg

Mindee made one of the best presentations I’ve ever seen.  It was about her journey of motherhood combined with creating a national brand at the same time.  She was surprisingly forthcoming.  I actually don’t want to spoil her story; I couldn’t do it justice anyways.  She has an upcoming book tentatively entitled “Boogie Wiped”.  If it’s anything like her presentation, it’s going to be an absolutely terrific read.

0552.jpg

From here we had a break. 

0562.jpg

0582.jpg

Yummy!

I got to meet Becca from Love Our Disney, which is a great blog.

loveourdisney-294x300.jpg

(..and I totally stole that from her Instagram!)

Up next was a panel of mom-entrepreneurs who answered questions-

0592.jpg

Finally, Michelle Stepney, Global Content Manager for Disney World gave us some basic training for on-camera media work.

0632.jpg

The event ended here, but many of the bloggers went to lunch at Azteca next door-

dc85ac4e-ad8a-4a3c-b116-650bb556c30e.jpg

It was great to network with all of these wonderful ladies.  I don’t think a visit to Azetca will be in my future, as I wasn’t thrilled with the food.  But, this was really one of the highlights of the day.

Disney Social Media Moms is probably one of the few events where it’s not rude to be looking at your phone the entire time.  Everyone was tweeting, pinning, and Instagraming their hearts outs.  During the meeting #DisneySMMoms Seattle was a trending topic on Twitter.  Incredible what 70 ladies in a room can do!

The main event will be at Disneyland next April.  

Overall, I feel extremely lucky to have attended.  I took a lot away from this event.  The speakers were polished and full of information and advice.  The networking was amazing.  It's not often that a bit of Disney comes to Seattle.  If there are other moms (or dads) who have the opportunity to go, I would say GO!

:)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forgot about the We Bare All.     And now that you mention it, we could still make fun of uf.     My dog even makes fun of the gators.  I can ask her if she would rather be a gator or dead, and she im

Sounds like a great event! And as the mom of an asthmatic 4 year old who always has a runny nose in the winter, I have to say I LOVE Boogie Wipes. They are the only thing that prevents Z from looking like Rudolph all winter.

It was really a great event!  That's awesome! :)

It does sound like a great event.  Glad you had the opportunity to attend.

I'm extremely lucky and very thankful that I as able to go. :)

Boogie Wipes?

Social Media Moms?

I feel like I've been living under a rock.

TCD

I read your reports, and you totally do stuff I've never heard of!  Like the 5K, no idea there was so much fun stuff!

me too

Boogie Wipes and Disney Social Media Moms have really only been around for a few years.  DisneySMMoms is totally worth a Google!

Boogie wipes are nose wipes with saline on them. When kids get that red, sore nose, they sooth it. Or you can use them in place of tissues for kids who frequently have a runny nose to prevent it. They work great! I also used them when I got the flu.

Mindee mentioned they're actually developing Boogie Wipes for adults.  They're going to be called Puff's Fresh Faces. :)

I'm going to try to wrap this thing on up :)

Hubby and I have only lived in Seattle for about a year.  So, we've been making an effort to get to know the area a bit more and explore new neighborhoods.  The Snoqualmie area was on our list, so a couple of weekends ago we made the trek.  Ok, it's not really that big of a trek, it's about 45 minutes east of Seattle.

The drive out there is actually pretty nice-

031-3.jpg

030-3.jpg

Once we got off the highway, there was a roadside cherry stand, and we had to stop!

032-3.jpg

Probably some of the best cherries I've ever had!

033-3.jpg

(sorry all of the photos were taken with my iPhone)

034-4.jpg

035-3.jpg

Parking was actually super easy.

069.jpg

070-1.jpg

I kind of expected a bit of a hike to the falls, but it's actually only about 50 yards from the parking area.

064-1.jpg

039-2.jpg

041-1.jpg

043-2.jpg

045-2.jpg

047.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

056-1.jpg

057-1.jpg

058-1.jpg

059-1.jpg

060-1.jpg

061-1.jpg

062-1.jpg

068-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

This one vaguely reminds me of the ET queue at Universal-

051-1.jpg

049-1.jpg

I'm close to the photo limit, so more in the next post.

After we visited the falls, we decided to do some exploring.

There's a railway museum that I'd like to visit in the future.

071-1.jpg

There's a small main street too.

072-1.jpg

073.jpg

074-1.jpg

A friend had texted us that we needed to visit the cafe from the show Twin Peaks.  Here it is-

075-1.jpg

076-1.jpg

What you can't really tell from the photos, is that the building definitely could have used some maintenance.  And if that was any indication of what the kitchen looked like..  Hubby and I did a simultaneous "Eehhhhh....." and kept on driving!

We found a Factory Outlet Mall and decided to do some shopping.  There was a Carter's Outlet, which to me really didn't look much different from a regular Carter's store, but I still scored a pair of jeans and a dress for Miss V for about $11.  From there we went to Stride Rite and actually found a pair of shoes that Miss V didn't rip off in 1.3 seconds flat!  The shoe-dini actually liked this pair!

Here's the view from the outlet mall-

077-1.jpg

I believe that is Mt. Si.  Which makes me giggle because I can only think of Duck Dynasty!

Our bellies were rumbling, so hubby turned to Yelp to find something nearby.  He said he found a great BBQ joint, so I was game.

What he neglected to tell me was that it was in a gas station.

078-1.jpg

But it turned out pretty good.

I had the Trailwagon Biscuit and jalapeno mac and cheese. 

079-1.jpg

Hubby had the Trailwagon Sandwich-

080-1.jpg

And guess what?  We found Sasquatch!

081.jpg

And that is the end of this adventure.   :)  Thanks for following along!

And I wonder why I am hungry every time i get on FF.net

Ha! Me too!

Why do they have the building and crane at the top of the falls? Seems like a shame.

There is a hydroelectric power plant up there as far as I know.